• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#16 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,203 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:55 AM

Yea, I was (strongly) against drafting him, but man I do like the kid. I suppose in the long run, he probably was a better choice than the guy I wanted...

#17 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,462 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:55 AM

He straight up blew up a Cam read option and the red jersey was the only thing that slowed him down

#18 Rip Saw

Rip Saw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:15 AM

The guy definately has some football smarts - and I feel much more comfortable for our season this year if knock wood, Beason has problems coming back from his achilles.

just found this tidbit about JB

SPARTANBURG Carolina Panthers middle linebacker Jon Beason said he could feel the Achilles tendon he injured last season getting tired while he went through his first full practice with the Panthers at training camp.
“It felt good. It fatigued on me late because I haven’t this much work,” Beason said. “It’s hard to simulate football through training. It’s a lot of reacting. All of a sudden you have to stop based on what the offense is doing.
“It was good early. It faded out a little bit toward the end. I think I was about four plays away from having a pretty good practice. I think I took the most reps on the defense. I didn’t want to come out. Part of that is getting in shape and wanting to be out there and get comfortable.”
Beason said he’s happy to be at middle linebacker, his natural position. There was talk after the Panthers used their first-round draft choice on linebacker Luke Kuechly that Beason might be moved outside. Instead, Kuechly and James Anderson are lining up on opposite sides of Beason.
While Beason has focused much of his attention on being physically ready for training camp, he admitted he’s still not fully comfortable mentally with his role due to the time he missed last season.
“There is a comfort level but right now I’m not as comfortable as I should be,” Beason said. “It’s a new scheme for me because it is my first year in the scheme after missing all of last year. I’m doing a lot of thinking out there.
“I want to make it more instinctive. Make calls fast and be assertive. There is a curve. I think I’m doing a great job with it but I know inside my brain is really going. Sometimes you just want to do it effortlessly.”

more

http://www.charlotte...jon-beason.html

Read more here: http://www.charlotte...l#storylink=cpy

#19 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,974 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:12 AM

I am a huge fan of this guy.

Was/am not a fan of drafting a MLB in the top ten when you have the highest paid MLB in the NFL already on your roster.

But whatever.

#20 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• HUDDLER
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:35 PM

6'2 245 4.58 27 reps on bench 38 inch vert. Unreal instincts and IQ. Ball skills....

Thats a scary vert for a dude thats 6'2 almost 250. . . he's white isnt he? except for that half-fro he was sportin when we drafted him anyways.

#21 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,119 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:38 PM

When this kid gets his first pick-6 I'm going to wild out.

#22 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,079 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:44 PM

When this kid gets his first pick-6 I'm going to wild out.

I will probably will just bump an old thread where 98% of the board was calling panthers55 and I utter fools for claiming he was the guy we should draft early on....

That's just me, I like to take the low road sometimes...

#23 Smitty Is Our Savior

Smitty Is Our Savior

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,713 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:48 PM

My favorite part about Luke is that he seems incredibly smart and humble as well.

#24 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2012 - 01:18 PM

Over/Under, 3?

I honestly think over 3. There's been so many reports in camp about how fast he is, and he's already stepped in front a few passes displaying good hands.

3 pick 6, and a fumble recovery.

#25 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 01:19 PM

This is all good news. I knew beason had no real ego (sure he jokes about how he's the best receiver/runningback on the team) and he doesn't care who is actually labeled MLB. All that matters is both these guys are on the field together and they will make plays.

#26 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 01:21 PM

Thats a scary vert for a dude thats 6'2 almost 250. . . he's white isnt he? except for that half-fro he was sportin when we drafted him anyways.

he's actually 6' 3 :P

of course he's white his name is LUKE! i dont think there is a whiter name in existence.

#27 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• HUDDLER
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:14 PM

he's actually 6' 3 :P

of course he's white his name is LUKE! i dont think there is a whiter name in existence.

6'5 with the half-fro. . . that haircut reminds of that scene in Fletch.

#28 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,462 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:26 PM

I will probably will just bump an old thread where 98% of the board was calling panthers55 and I utter fools for claiming he was the guy we should draft early on....

That's just me, I like to take the low road sometimes...

I would be thrilled! Prove me wrong! All Aboard to Luke Express!!!

I hope I never have the opportunity to bump old Anti Luke threads to prove that I was right.

#29 TripleTrouble

TripleTrouble

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:40 PM

I know I wasn't on this board at the time, but I was hoping and praying that we would pick Kuechly because he's just such a beast. I think that word is overused, but not when it comes to him. I'm an NC State student and fan, and let me tell you, Kuechly beat State all by himself last season. I couldn't even keep track of how many times he sniffed out exactly where we were going with the ball on 3rd down and just crushed the receiver right when his hands touched the ball. This kid is special. Best coverage LB I've ever seen in college...glad to see he's showing out early.

#30 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,079 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:51 PM

I would be thrilled! Prove me wrong! All Aboard to Luke Express!!!

I hope I never have the opportunity to bump old Anti Luke threads to prove that I was right.

I was 99% joking. 1% serious as hell.

I won't gloat....and hope you never have to debate if you should on that one

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.