- - - - -

If Justin Medlock isn't given the starting nod, I will rage

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
71 replies to this topic

#61 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:31 AM

For all those saying "let's see once the bullets start flying..."

You do realize, in the same exact conditions in practice Mare missed a 40 yarder while Medlock didn't miss any.

LOL.

Mare sucks and Hurney needs to admit the mistake and eat the salary... Medlock better be our kicker.

LOL????? Are you fugging serious? Medlock has been on 10 teams since 2007. Why might that be? If he is so awesome why hasn't he stuck with a team. He couldnt even hang in the CFL. That is what's LOL.

#62 panthers34

panthers34

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:49 AM

i'm with u

#63 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

Moderators

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:22 AM

LOL????? Are you fugging serious? Medlock has been on 10 teams since 2007. Why might that be? If he is so awesome why hasn't he stuck with a team. He couldnt even hang in the CFL. That is what's LOL.

How many teams has Mare played for since 2007?

3. That is the equivalent to Medlock by NFL standards, and there is a reason for it.

I'm saying if Medlock has a stronger leg, I'd much rather see him kick the sh*t out of it versus having Mare and knowing we're gonna punt instead of attempting a 50 yarder, or him shanking a 35-45 yarder in clutch time.

Medlock is younger, has a stronger leg, and will be cheaper. I can accept that a lot easier than Mare all else being equal.

You do realize the most accurate kicker in NFL history was a CFL'er before playing in the NFL as well?

#64 SCP

SCP

HUDDLER

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:32 AM

How many teams has Mare played for since 2007?

3. That is the equivalent to Medlock by NFL standards, and there is a reason for it.

I'm saying if Medlock has a stronger leg, I'd much rather see him kick the sh*t out of it versus having Mare and knowing we're gonna punt instead of attempting a 50 yarder, or him shanking a 35-45 yarder in clutch time.

Medlock is younger, has a stronger leg, and will be cheaper. I can accept that a lot easier than Mare all else being equal.

You do realize the most accurate kicker in NFL history was a CFL'er before playing in the NFL as well?

Medlock is on his 5th NFL team, so that does not equal Mare. Here is his resume of teams:
Chiefs
Rams
Argonauts
Skins (Snyder passing on him
might be Medlock's biggest endorsement)
Lions
Nighthawks
Argonauts (again because he must be so awesome)
Eskimos
Tiger-Cats (rawr)

Unless he found Jesus this summer and sold his soul for accuracy, there is a reason the Argonauts didn't sign him for a 3rd time.

#65 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

Moderators

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:56 AM

Medlock is on his 5th NFL team, so that does not equal Mare. Here is his resume of teams:
Chiefs
Rams
Argonauts
Skins
Lions
Nighthawks
Argonauts (again because he must be so awesome)
Eskimos
Tiger-Cats (rawr)

Unless he found Jesus this summer and sold his soul for accuracy, there is a reason the Argonauts didn't sign him for a 3rd time.

What I'm saying is, guys like this have bounced around before and then found a team and won the job for several years. Didn't make them hall of famers, but they were solid, and that's all we need.

The amount of teams he was with before isn't a bad omen, could just be the circumstances involved in each situation.

I get that your not a Mare fan, I don't know how anyone could be one, that being said, I don't understand why you're so quick to write off Medlock. Despite popular opinion, you can't always judge a guy by his past.

And as far as your statement about there being a reason the Argos didn't re-sign him, you're right... It was called us offering him a contract, lol.

Carolina Panthers@Panthers
Medlock was extremely close to signing a three-year deal to keep him in the CFL when the Panthers brought him in for a workout.
Medlock: "The CFL is the best thing that ever happened to me. I don't know if I'd be here without that because it got me back on the map,"

With the CFL, Medlock made 87% of field goals in 2010 and 89.1% in 2011. Those seasons rank fourth and seventh all-time for accuracy .

During OTAs, Medlock made every single field goal (40-of-40), and hit his first six field goals last night - all from 45 or more yards.

If you are interested in former CFL star Justin Medlock, this story on http://Panthers.com is an absolute must-read: http://pnth.rs/QrqgBn

And that's all from the official team twitter. Sounds like we found our guy. And if we're judging on performance in the off-season so far alone, Medlock has been outperforming Mare.

The other thing is this... We know what Mare brings to the table, and it's not acceptable for an NFL kicker. Medlock however, is an unknown commodity for the most part, the majority of fans haven't seen him. So, we can't just write him off simply because he's played for a bunch of teams in the CFL and hasn't stuck with an NFL team either. I have confidence that Medlock will win the job.

#66 csx

csx

HUDDLER

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:58 AM

I hope he can step up and be an improvement but also don't see a significant chance of that happening.

#67 SCP

SCP

HUDDLER

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:01 AM

I'm not writing him off or writing him in. I'm just saying its been 2 days in practice conditions. Let's postpone the ticker tape parade.

Fugging Argos eh! The Cowboys of the CFL!

#68 Dilated_chakra

Dilated_chakra

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:02 AM

Meaning he's inconsistent? You can't count on him game to game. If Medlock looks better throughout TC he should get the nod.

no he is streaky from year to year. check this link.

http://www.catscratchreader.com/2012/7/17/3165011/the-carolina-panthers-could-be-very-good-but-heres-the-kicker

#69 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

HUDDLER

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:05 AM

Let's just allow things to play out into preseason before we anoint the guy.

All I know is if I see Mare stroll onto the field this year for a game clincher, I will have an aneurysm.

#70 Snake

Snake

Rivera did What???

HUDDLER

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:40 AM

If Ryan Kalil and everyone else want to stand by their guarantee, we need to drop that John Fox mentality and start playing the right guys.

That's what championship teams do.

We have 8 mill for the cap next year and cutting mare would put us at 5. Sucks but Hurney must have been all out of magic that day he gave mare a huge contract.

#71 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

HUDDLER

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:43 AM

Medlock for kicker fuging 2012!!!!

#72 Toolbox

Toolbox

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:28 PM

I hope we see a lot of medlock in preseason games.. mare needs to hang em up dude just can't kick worth a poo anymore.