Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthro

Adults

34 posts in this topic

True, but not "wayyyy too seriously". There is a difference. I no longer own a jersey, or any memorbilia, I couldn't care less about reading about TC, I no longer get angry about stupid FO moves or blunders by players, and if the team loses it no longer ruins my week. Heck, I don't even think we're going to make the Playoffs.

U just committed huddle suicide.

Seeking autographs at training camp are sad,creepy, and pathetic.

Not the ones who come down to the fence after watching practice but the ones who sit at the fence the whole practice and scream for players 10 years their junior and calling then sir and Mr.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who reacted to this.

Post-practice was absolutely pathetic. I moved to the scoreboard endzone along the bushes just to see if anyone would come by. Jimmy jogged over and started signing, but by this time everyone's attention was focused on Cam who had just started signing over on the home side of Gibbs. Everyone, adults and kids alike, are shouting for Cam, and this forty year old man with his kids in tow standing by the bushes with the rest of us starts a "We want Cam!" chant while Jimmy is quite literally right in front of him. Needless to say, as Cam made his way over to the endzone, Clausen ended his signing quickly and I don't blame him.

We talk on this board often about Cam being Charlotte's first superstar and the impact that has on the community. Post-practice, what I saw was the equivalent of Beatle-mania, which is understandable among the youngsters, but I expected much better decorum from the parents of those youngsters.

What's worse? An adult asking for an autograph or an adult using their child to get autographs? I like getting autographs, I don't feel bad about it. I don't sell them, I don't display them. It's just nice to know I have them. Now the people the op talks about do annoy me but I don't find anything creepy about them. They sit up at the fence every day and miss the entire practice. I can't help but think they aren't even Panther fans. There are guys that come to Ron Rivera's radio show and they bring an army of kids with them. They hand out nice pictures of whichever player is there to the kids so they can each get one signed. It's so obvious they are looking to make a buck and it bothers me. What I hate is the collateral damage when regular adult fans get blown off because of these ebayers.

True, but not "wayyyy too seriously". There is a difference. I no longer own a jersey, or any memorbilia, I couldn't care less about reading about TC, I no longer get angry about stupid FO moves or blunders by players, and if the team loses it no longer ruins my week. Heck, I don't even think we're going to make the Playoffs.

So it sounds like the only reason you come to this site is to troll and you think that is better than caring about the Panthers.

Watching my 60 year old Dad meet and get Smitty to sign his #89 jersey at the Charity Kick-Ball Event a few months back was unforgettable....

He was like a 12 year old boy...my Dad's hilarious... Smith made his day for sure...

1 person likes this

don't ask players to sign your dick. just trust me on that.

1 person likes this

Panthro: "C'mon guys, you don't have to show everyone that you are a pathetic douche that takes this team too seriously. Look at me, I hide it nicely."

I didn't realize I had to be embarrassed about liking a football team and taking interest in its players. I didn't know I was supposed to be hiding it, honest. I still thought football was for everyone. Respecting athletes for being athletes must not be cool these days. I mean, it's not like they're special or anything. I can just get off the couch and do what these guys are doing. Why respect them? Some people are too cool for everything these days it seems. This guy's even too cool for manners. He's like a teenage kid at the mall. "Ha ha, he called him Sir. That's gay, right?!" It's pretty hard to take him seriously. Some people just live to turn their nose up at others.

Um I wasn't saying anything about people getting autographs. It's part of camp ...

What I was talking about were the people lined up on the fence who couldn't see the practice field yelling Mr Newson!!! When he walked out...Mr Newson...it even made Beason lol

And it's not like a teen at the mall loling...it would be me at 33 calling a teen at the mall Mr or sir

What's worse? An adult asking for an autograph or an adult using their child to get autographs? I like getting autographs, I don't feel bad about it. I don't sell them, I don't display them. It's just nice to know I have them. Now the people the op talks about do annoy me but I don't find anything creepy about them. They sit up at the fence every day and miss the entire practice. I can't help but think they aren't even Panther fans. There are guys that come to Ron Rivera's radio show and they bring an army of kids with them. They hand out nice pictures of whichever player is there to the kids so they can each get one signed. It's so obvious they are looking to make a buck and it bothers me. What I hate is the collateral damage when regular adult fans get blown off because of these ebayers.

I know this girl that about 8 months pregnant - maybe I can use her to get an autograph - you know - get Cam or Smitty to sign her belly.

I know this girl that about 8 months pregnant - maybe I can use her to get an autograph - you know - get Cam or Smitty to sign her belly.

I've signed many a belly....in a way.