#1 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,432 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:38 AM

Decent little write up.

http://www.catscratchreader.com/2012/7/30/3201474/carolina-panthers-training-camp-day-two-summary

All in all I'd say the

Carolina Panthers

look really good. It was a case where the defense looked really hungry, and the offense were more content going through the paces. In those situations you can't try and derive too much information, or draw sweeping conclusions. There were a few standout players, but this looks like a much better team overall. The depth players are stepping up, and we might be far deeper at WR and CB than even I expected.

#2 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:09 AM

Who's James Daton??? And why is he doing write ups for an inferior site?

:-/

#3 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,432 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:29 AM

Blogger, he does decent work.

#4 countryboi

countryboi

• HUDDLER
  • 2,322 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC born and raised

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:45 AM

I seen this dude on Rufus on Fire....his work is OK.....i remember about 5-6 months ago him and NJpanther got in to it about some BS report NJpanther made on twitter. Funny stuff

#5 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• HUDDLER
  • 6,001 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:47 AM

If his stuff is only decent, who do you prefer? In my short time reading an inferior site I've found it better than 90% of what the Observer puts out.

#6 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:52 AM

Blogger, he does decent work.

Originally you had Daton instead of Dator... I was bustin your balls

#7 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:53 AM

Really good write up. I doubt you'll see anything of that caliber from a local beat writer.

#8 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• HUDDLER
  • 6,001 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:00 AM

Posted Image

#9 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,497 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:38 AM

Good write up but I do take issue with his characterization that young players who were putting it all on the line versus the vets were wasting energy or that saying guys need to give 100% on every play suggest lack of football knowledge. It really depends on who we are talking about. Perhaps veterans like Newton, or Kalil or Johnson may feel as if they can ease into things and be solid without giving it their all and be secured a position. Other guys are fighting for their NFL careers and are working hard to get noticed and make the cut. They recognize that if they don't give 100% on every play they won't be there for the marathon which is the NFL season. So while it is may be fine for established veterans to recognize that they are in a marathon, the 11 receivers all vying for 1 or 2 spots are in a mad sprint to convince the team to keep them around and should give everything they have to make the team. Many guys don't have the luxury to do anything but give 100% all the time.

#10 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,974 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:40 AM

Honestly I am excited about Newton working on his footwork. Long term it will help him with his accuracy.

#11 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 6,871 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:03 AM

Might not have to worry about pronouncing Seyi Ajirotutu before long if the analysis is accurate.

#12 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:04 AM

I could say a few things about a certain local beat writer but shall refrain.

#13 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,679 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:49 AM

When Cam sets his feet he is one of the most accurate quarterbacks in the league.

#14 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,119 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:03 AM

Great read, highly suggest it.

I liked what I am hearing about Norman/Hogan out of that article. If we can start the season with Gamble at CB1, Norman CB2, and Hogan in the nickel, I think that makes for a pretty decent core with Captain at Hogan's heels. That report said Hogan played well but that Norman was clearly more talented , but I know that Hogan is a big physical corner that should excel when the pads come on and he can hit in run support. I think Norman might struggle to bring down the likes of DeAngelo, Stew, and Tolbert but hey, what corner wouldn't?

#15 Montie_0123

Montie_0123

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:00 PM

That was a really nice write up hopefully everyone keeps showing progress and getting better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.