Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

My Nightmare

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
70 replies to this topic

#61 Lumps

Lumps

Jase is butthurt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:33 AM

you named your son after a football player?

you're an idiot.

at least it looks like the bad genes didn't pass on.

probably have your wife to thank for that.

Now I wonder if there will be an influx of people named cam newtons in the Carolinas...

my 2 cents

#62 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

HUDDLER

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:55 AM

my cats don't like watching football. i'm going to throw them out the window

#63 PhillyB

PhillyB

sườn núi phía đông thứ ba của mặt trời

SUPPORTER

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:10 AM

he'll still probably root for them both when he gets older... a lot of people have an AFC and an NFC team they pull for. one is always cared for more than the other, as its seems the panthers will be in this case, but he'll still probably be on your side the majority of the time.

#64 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 31 July 2012 - 01:55 PM

Grew up an hour outside of Detroit, but the old man was a cowgirlz fan. So I hate all things cowgirly.

Still love my Lions, but the Panthez are first. If ever we should meet in the NFC Championship, at leat I would know I am going to the Super Bowl. Otherwise I root for the team witht the best record. Seems only fair.

Glad Zak is his own man. Hope the women don't strip him of it as he grows. jk Hope you two enjoy a poo load of football together.

#65 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
Guests

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:06 PM

you're an idiot.

Now I wonder if there will be an influx of people named cam newtons in the Carolinas...

my 2 cents

Absolutely uncalled for.

#66 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

HUDDLER

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:51 PM

My adopted son was pulling for the Saints* few years ago. He is cajun, so i can't really blame him. He's not even that much of a football fan.

Cam is winning him over.

My 20 month old I'm not worried about at this point. He only knows Panther football.
His first word was, "touchdown".

Back to the OP, glad to have another Panther fan on board.

#67 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

SUPPORTER

Posted 01 August 2012 - 01:38 AM

Just keep in mind that almost everyone who is a Panther fan over the age of 30 grew up rooting for another team. You can root for both teams with the only issue when they play each other.

Yea, I was the first person in my family to get into football, my family is die hard UNC (my grandfather went there). So they're all into college b-ball. When I started watching football, I was a Lawrence Taylor fan (not a Gaints fan, just Taylor) initially because he was from UNC, then after I watched more I was an LT fan because he was LT. Then in 92 I became a Cowboy fan because I really liked Irvin and Smith. Then when the Panthers were announced I dropped the Cowboys like a bad habit and have hated them ever since :) Helped that the Panthers arrival coincided pretty closely with the break-up of the triplets and the downfall of the Cowboys, but I was a Panther fan in 95 when the Cowboys won the SB too.

#68 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

Keep Pounding...all the way to...the draft! :D

HUDDLER

Posted 01 August 2012 - 01:49 AM

Best. Thread. Ever.

#69 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

HUDDLER

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:41 AM

Yea, I was the first person in my family to get into football, my family is die hard UNC (my grandfather went there). So they're all into college b-ball. When I started watching football, I was a Lawrence Taylor fan (not a Gaints fan, just Taylor) initially because he was from UNC, then after I watched more I was an LT fan because he was LT. Then in 92 I became a Cowboy fan because I really liked Irvin and Smith. Then when the Panthers were announced I dropped the Cowboys like a bad habit and have hated them ever since :) Helped that the Panthers arrival coincided pretty closely with the break-up of the triplets and the downfall of the Cowboys, but I was a Panther fan in 95 when the Cowboys won the SB too.

Glad to hear that you got over that trip to the dark side with the Cowboys.

#70 dbulls874

dbulls874

• PipPip
ROOKIE

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:03 AM

I am kind've proud he is keeping it local, supporting his home team. There are wayyyyy worse teams. Everything about the panthers is cool. Cool QB. Cool colors. Cool mascot. Ill just have to rib him good when we play (dolphins 4-0 lifetime against Carolina)

Just sayin.....

I'm with you there. I want my kid to root for his local team, because it's going to make for better memories of going to games, hanging out with his friends, and it's gonna be something that connects him to his hometown when he eventually goes off to college and/or starts a life somewhere else.

The problem? We currently live in Washington, D.C. So as much as it breaks my heart, I'm going to steer my kid toward the Redskins, Nationals and Capitals instead of the Panthers, Braves, and Hurricanes. (Unless we move back to NC in the next couple years. Fingers crossed...)

I just threw up in my mouth a little. But it's the right thing to do.

#71 Henne Given Sunday

Henne Given Sunday

Suhnami and EarthWake comin at ya

HUDDLER

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:07 PM

you're an idiot.

my 2 cents

Yeah because the Names "Zach" and "Thomas" are so uncommon, any human would know immediately he's named after a football player. His brother Tim Biakabatuka Roberts is lucky I didn't name him after anyone in particular.....