• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#121 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,637 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:49 PM

I don't mind it if he's testing the windows and learning from it.

Learn from it and recognize when to pull down and run. You'll never learn if you don't fail a few times.

Great post g5, that's what I'm chalking it up to as well.

#122 cultclassiccat

cultclassiccat

flash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,481 posts
  • LocationG spot

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:52 PM

Practice makes perfect

#123 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:52 PM

Great post g5, that's what I'm chalking it up to as well.

have to also take into consideration the rain today. i imagine it would be more of a factor in TC than reg. season because of all the learning and implementing of the playbook.

#124 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:55 PM

josephperson Ron Rivera said Josh Norman's hamstring is still sore; ditto Thomas Davis' knee. Rivera said Norman should be back "pretty soon."

Joe Person about 27m ago via Twitter for iPhone

#125 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,637 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:59 PM

Weird about TD, considering the other day they said he was held out just as a precaution... Good to hear about Norman though.

#126 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 01:05 PM

Did Cam have any games where he thrived in the rain last year? I dont recall any good ones but I only remember one. He does have small hands for his size. Might make it hard to grip the ball right or something. Might even be as simple as how he takes the snap from center. Whether the laces hit right on the hand or whatever.

Then again might be nothing at all since we're just getting going. . .

Oh yeah there is also the whole Chud is opening the playbook feeding Cam thousands of new probabilites that he is just now testing out. Yeah me personally, I dont do so consistently well, the first time I test out a new strategy.

#127 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 01:09 PM

Weird about TD, considering the other day they said he was held out just as a precaution... Good to hear about Norman though.

i figure the best way to keep TD around is to keep him as a part timer.

in TC and preseason, just keep him in enough to get/keep him loose and in game shape. that should get him into the season.

then during the season keep him in just in certain packages and situations. dude shouldn't see the field more than 20-25 snaps per game. i'd prefer that number to be well under 20 snaps, tbh. he's too valuable an asset to risk exposure to injury very often.

#128 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2012 - 01:13 PM

Davis should get a job with Carolina as a LB coach when his last play finally occurs, whenever that is. We owe him that.

#129 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,569 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 31 July 2012 - 01:15 PM

Al Wallace said he spoke with him and his knee is sore but he is fine and the soreness was expected

#130 Seltzer

Seltzer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationLKN

Posted 31 July 2012 - 01:18 PM

Did Cam have any games where he thrived in the rain last year? I dont recall any good ones but I only remember one. He does have small hands for his size. Might make it hard to grip the ball right or something. Might even be as simple as how he takes the snap from center. Whether the laces hit right on the hand or whatever.

Then again might be nothing at all since we're just getting going. . .

Oh yeah there is also the whole Chud is opening the playbook feeding Cam thousands of new probabilites that he is just now testing out. Yeah me personally, I dont do so consistently well, the first time I test out a new strategy.

I've never heard anything about Newton having small hands... he holds a football the way a lot of people would hold a baseball.

I think it is just a matter of Newton trying to sling it in there. At the end of the day, it's training camp and that's what it's for. I hope this is a sign the defense is progressing also. I'm sure Cam is going to try passes in TC he wouldn't during a regular season game unless it was necessary.

Quite a few of Newton's picks last year came late in the 4th Quarter when the Panthers were behind and he was just slinging it and the defense knew what was coming.

Nothing before a bad performance during the regular season holds any weight. I remember people commenting on Twitter how bad (inaccurate) Newton looked warming up before the Arizona game last year, and then he proceeded to throw for 400 yards.

Newton wasn't exactly spectacular during the preseason last year as hard as it is to remember. Picks aside, I have also read where he is making a LOT of incredible throws this year. And also getting the vast majority of the reps. That is awesome, b/c I don't think that was the case last year. When I visited TC last year Clausen honestly looked better- point is that it's hard to take but so much value.

One thing to remember too is that when the bullets start flying for real, the running threat of Newton greatly affects how the defense plays. The defense is also trying out a lot of blitzes, etc. that a defense may not be able to actually run during a game that mattered

#131 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,780 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 01:18 PM

I hate Twitter. It causes over analysis of every single play during practice.

#132 shinallsm

shinallsm

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 01:22 PM

I've never heard anything about Newton having small hands... he holds a football the way a lot of people would hold a baseball.

I think it is just a matter of Newton trying to sling it in there. At the end of the day, it's training camp and that's what it's for. I hope this is a sign the defense is progressing also. I'm sure Cam is going to try passes in TC he wouldn't during a regular season game unless it was necessary.

Quite a few of Newton's picks last year came late in the 4th Quarter when the Panthers were behind and he was just slinging it and the defense knew what was coming.

Nothing before a bad performance during the regular season holds any weight. I remember people commenting on Twitter how bad (inaccurate) Newton looked warming up before the Arizona game last year, and then he proceeded to throw for 400 yards.

Newton wasn't exactly spectacular during the preseason last year as hard as it is to remember. Picks aside, I have also read where he is making a LOT of incredible throws this year. And also getting the vast majority of the reps. That is awesome, b/c I don't think that was the case last year. When I visited TC last year Clausen honestly looked better- point is that it's hard to take but so much value.

One thing to remember too is that when the bullets start flying for real, the running threat of Newton greatly affects how the defense plays. The defense is also trying out a lot of blitzes, etc. that a defense may not be able to actually run during a game that mattered

Exactly, i'm sure they are telling him to stay in the pocket and get reps in even if the play breaks down. He's not going to learn anything if he just bails everytime he doesn't see anyone open in training camp. It's TC he's going to spend more time throwing and staying in the pocket, when the games start he will be more likely to run if a play breaks down. He gains nothing out of training camp if he runs whenever a play breaks down.

#133 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• HUDDLER
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 01:25 PM

You can look at his hands and tell they dont fit a 6'6 beast. They look like artists hands. . no homo n poo man, his hands look slender. Ahh this probably all nonsense whatever, but how did he do in rain games at Auburn and Blinn? Lol good enough to win championships I guess, but Im curious to know if he has any issues with it. That is the only kryptonite I see so far though just because I havnt seen him ball out in shitty conditions. . . and for some reason I thought that might be an advantage scenerio for him.

#134 Icege

Icege

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,671 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 31 July 2012 - 01:46 PM

Amazing how everybody goes to questioning the defense when the offense is scoring all day in the redzone to questioning the QB when he throws back-to-back picks.

#135 thunderraiden

thunderraiden

Thunder God Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,668 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 01:58 PM

Amazing how everybody goes to questioning the defense when the offense is scoring all day in the redzone to questioning the QB when he throws back-to-back picks.

Hey man its training camp. Those picks show up on the stat sheet when the season starts!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.