Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

Otah trade officially voided (confirmed)

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#61 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,653 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:04 AM

Otah present and laziness negatively effects team chemistry as whole. The reason Rivera wanted him out cause he's acts like he don't want to b here. Why the fug would anyone want him hanging around?

#62 Riverboat Ron

Riverboat Ron

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:05 AM

It's official, just saw Jeff's vehicle back in Charlotte.

Posted Image

#63 Rip Saw

Rip Saw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:10 AM

Posted Image

#64 4Corners

4Corners

Trill Laimbeer

• HUDDLER
  • 13,386 posts
  • Location704

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:20 AM

There's a link of the PFT front page for those who are interested.

What a fat POS.

#65 Montie_0123

Montie_0123

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:24 AM

This sucks and I don't want him back on the team he's had two years to heal up and get his body ready for camp. But it doesn't seem like he wants to so let's just cut him and be done with it because waiting around for him is not an option anymore.The team is moving in a new direction and wants players that want to play and earn a spot on the team.

#66 Sapper

Sapper

Healthy Scratch

• HUDDLER
  • 2,519 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:39 AM

Tolerance and motivation are not directly related to competition. If he comes back to compete with Byron Bell, it isn't like Bell will say "Well, if he can half-ass it, then why can't I?" He will be more motivated to prove he is more worthy of a starting job as an undrafted free-agent than a lazy, apathetic first-rounder.

And if anyone on this team thinks they can get away with laziness because of the pure presence of Otah, then they need to go to.

#67 4Corners

4Corners

Trill Laimbeer

• HUDDLER
  • 13,386 posts
  • Location704

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:40 AM

Has there ever been a situation similar to this end up working out for the team who originally traded the player?

#68 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • 29,573 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:43 AM

i don't think they should keep him.

rivera and hurney need to send a clear message to the team that they've already been doing to an extent.

it doesn't matter where you were drafted or how you got here, if you give it everything you've got and you want it...if you work hard then you'll get a chance to show what you can do. however, if you dog it and aren't as hungry as the other guys then you're gone.

#69 Banjo

Banjo

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:44 AM

Well, this is kinda embarrassing.

#70 4Corners

4Corners

Trill Laimbeer

• HUDDLER
  • 13,386 posts
  • Location704

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:46 AM

i don't think they should keep him.

rivera and hurney need to send a clear message to the team that they've already been doing to an extent.

it doesn't matter where you were drafted or how you got here, if you give it everything you've got and you want it...if you work hard then you'll get a chance to show what you can do. however, if you dog it and aren't as hungry as the other guys then you're gone.

I don't see how they can keep him. Looks like the team has moved on. Heard MH's comments this morning and he said that there are still teams interested in him but the physical thing is going to make it difficult. They'd have to find a team willing to accept his status and I doubt a professional franchise would want to assume the fiscal responsibility of player with a deteriorating knee.

I think injury settlement is the next move.

#71 Rip Saw

Rip Saw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:59 AM

so how did he fail the physical? did he break the scales or something?

#72 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • 8,669 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:00 PM

He's definitely given up, but there's not really much he can do

#73 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 10,495 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:03 PM

Cut

#74 Chaos

Chaos

A Star is born

• HUDDLER
  • 8,270 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:05 PM

Hope he enjoyed a weeks vacation in NY and got to keep the free Jets gear.

#75 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • 29,573 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:05 PM

I don't see how they can keep him. Looks like the team has moved on. Heard MH's comments this morning and he said that there are still teams interested in him but the physical thing is going to make it difficult. They'd have to find a team willing to accept his status and I doubt a professional franchise would want to assume the fiscal responsibility of player with a deteriorating knee.

I think injury settlement is the next move.

this makes sense. trying to figure out if an injury settlement would be worth it considering how little he's getting paid anyway. every little bit helps, though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.