Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Putting our Backfield in Perspective (stats included)

39 posts in this topic

Posted

I think our team has balance and that'd s good thing.

Posted

yep and to achieve all those stats all carolina will need to do is have posession for the entire game, every game, all season.

meh...

Posted

nice work compiling all that. i don't know if tolbert's stats can simply be added on without taking an equivalent number of reps away from others, but you could also argue that increased efficiency on third downs and in the red zone will allow more opportunities for snaps to be spread around.

this is going to be an exciting year.

Posted

yep and to achieve all those stats all carolina will need to do is have posession for the entire game, every game, all season.

not necessarily. take a quarter of cam's running plays away and give them to tolbert, and improve on third down conversion by 25%, and you've got those extra snaps for tolbert to take.

this is going to be a big-play offense. i expect the overall snap count to go down for everyone involved while actual yards gained and TDs go up. this isn't your john fox yard-grinder or your jimmy clausen dink-and-dunk or even your QB-is-a-rookie Carolina Panthers. this offense will fug poo up.

1 person likes this

Posted

I disagree... It very much shows what our RB's are capable of....especially since they just did it last year. Granted, Tolbert wasnt here. This "Triple Threat" (not including Cam) should keep all of them very fresh throughout the year. Their individual stats may suffer, but it's a Team sport right? Last year we used the pass to set up the run, but i think that we will do the opposite in the comign year.

Either way I'm not going to argue with a fellow fan about how bad ass our Offense will be. No matter how they do what, they will be damn near unstoppable, or so it obviously appears.

Point was there is 1 ball. Adding up all 3 of their NFL stats from 2011 doesn't do it......

I mean, if you look at the RB touches....it wouldn't make sense if you added all together.

Posted

I disagree... It very much shows what our RB's are capable of....especially since they just did it last year. Granted, Tolbert wasnt here. This "Triple Threat" (not including Cam) should keep all of them very fresh throughout the year. Their individual stats may suffer, but it's a Team sport right? Last year we used the pass to set up the run, but i think that we will do the opposite in the comign year.

Either way I'm not going to argue with a fellow fan about how bad ass our Offense will be. No matter how they do what, they will be damn near unstoppable, or so it obviously appears.

Point was there is 1 ball and they played on 2 teams. Adding up all 3 of their NFL stats from 2011 doesn't do it......

I mean, if you look at the RB touches....it wouldn't make sense if you added all together.

Posted

Point was there is 1 ball. Adding up all 3 of their NFL stats from 2011 doesn't do it......

Point was there is 1 ball and they played on 2 teams. Adding up all 3 of their NFL stats from 2011 doesn't do it......

Just because you post it twice doesn't make it any more likely that I'll agree with you...

Posted

Just because you post it twice doesn't make it any more likely that I'll agree with you...

On phone...poo happens.

There are only so many touches. That was the point....so adding several RBs stats who played on different teams doesn't really = what to expect.

Posted

On phone...poo happens.

There are only so many touches. That was the point....so adding several RBs stats who played on different teams doesn't really = what to expect.

We added one RB... Not several....Why is it that everybody else gets what I was alluding to except for you?

Once again, I understand where you are coming from and at the same time I didn't make any wazuu guarantees. Only putting what we already knew into something that is easier to understand without wondering. You need a little perspective sometimes, and you constantly misconstrue what I say all the time.

It's okay though... I still love you (all homo)

Posted

Actually I agree with CRA. I understand your excited like a schoolgirl about our backfield, but you can't just add up everyones stats and say "ZOMG we are gonna run for 4000 yds and 40 tds and throw for that much too! You better be excited guys!!!!!!"

.....best backfield in the NFL? yes. Crazy madden numbers nobody has ever seen? nah

Posted

We added one RB... Not several....Why is it that everybody else gets what I was alluding to except for you?

Once again, I understand where you are coming from and at the same time I didn't make any wazuu guarantees. Only putting what we already knew into something that is easier to understand without wondering. You need a little perspective sometimes, and you constantly misconstrue what I say all the time.

It's okay though... I still love you (all homo)

Tolbert had more touches than DeAngelo last year. If you are going to add his stats to Double Troubles as to what we can expect, fine......but then you need to take approximately 175 touches away from another aspect of the offense.

And I love you too ( 99% no homo, 1% I'll never tell).

I just disagree with how you were making your point. I expect the RBs to be slightly more productive this year vs last.....nothing too crazy though. One ball and the best player on the team now wears #1 going forward

Posted

New Guy, I absolutely no way shape or firm am I expecting all 3 RB's to replicate those #'s... Can they? Absolutely they can if used properly in our system.

Please show me where I mashed up all of their stats and said I guarantee they can do thus again this year...

Don't worry I'll wait

CRA... We agreed the whole time then. Do you think I expect all 3 backs to have 180+ touches? That'd be crazy... BUT they could* that's my point. That they are capable of these #'s if necesary.