Photo
- - - - -

Putting our Backfield in Perspective (stats included)

BEAST MODE

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#11 Catalyst

Catalyst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationMorehead City
HUDDLER

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:59 PM

I think the last 6 games of last year are a much better way to project what the offense will look like this season. We started to run a lot more later in the year and I suspect we'll continue doing so in 2012.

#12 chknwing

chknwing

SUPPORTER

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:03 PM

yep and to achieve all those stats all carolina will need to do is have posession for the entire game, every game, all season.

#13 Snake

Snake

Rivera did What???

HUDDLER

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:12 PM

I think our team has balance and that'd s good thing.

#14 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:13 PM

yep and to achieve all those stats all carolina will need to do is have posession for the entire game, every game, all season.

meh...

#15 PhillyB

PhillyB

sườn núi phía đông thứ ba của mặt trời

• Locationthird spur east of the sun
HUDDLER

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:15 PM

nice work compiling all that. i don't know if tolbert's stats can simply be added on without taking an equivalent number of reps away from others, but you could also argue that increased efficiency on third downs and in the red zone will allow more opportunities for snaps to be spread around.

this is going to be an exciting year.

#16 PhillyB

PhillyB

sườn núi phía đông thứ ba của mặt trời

• Locationthird spur east of the sun
HUDDLER

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:21 PM

not necessarily. take a quarter of cam's running plays away and give them to tolbert, and improve on third down conversion by 25%, and you've got those extra snaps for tolbert to take.

this is going to be a big-play offense. i expect the overall snap count to go down for everyone involved while actual yards gained and TDs go up. this isn't your john fox yard-grinder or your jimmy clausen dink-and-dunk or even your QB-is-a-rookie Carolina Panthers. this offense will fug poo up.

#17 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:30 PM

I disagree... It very much shows what our RB's are capable of....especially since they just did it last year. Granted, Tolbert wasnt here. This "Triple Threat" (not including Cam) should keep all of them very fresh throughout the year. Their individual stats may suffer, but it's a Team sport right? Last year we used the pass to set up the run, but i think that we will do the opposite in the comign year.

Either way I'm not going to argue with a fellow fan about how bad ass our Offense will be. No matter how they do what, they will be damn near unstoppable, or so it obviously appears.

Point was there is 1 ball. Adding up all 3 of their NFL stats from 2011 doesn't do it......

I mean, if you look at the RB touches....it wouldn't make sense if you added all together.

#18 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:35 PM

I disagree... It very much shows what our RB's are capable of....especially since they just did it last year. Granted, Tolbert wasnt here. This "Triple Threat" (not including Cam) should keep all of them very fresh throughout the year. Their individual stats may suffer, but it's a Team sport right? Last year we used the pass to set up the run, but i think that we will do the opposite in the comign year.

Either way I'm not going to argue with a fellow fan about how bad ass our Offense will be. No matter how they do what, they will be damn near unstoppable, or so it obviously appears.

Point was there is 1 ball and they played on 2 teams. Adding up all 3 of their NFL stats from 2011 doesn't do it......

I mean, if you look at the RB touches....it wouldn't make sense if you added all together.

#19 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• LocationAlaska
HUDDLER

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:43 PM

Point was there is 1 ball. Adding up all 3 of their NFL stats from 2011 doesn't do it......

Point was there is 1 ball and they played on 2 teams. Adding up all 3 of their NFL stats from 2011 doesn't do it......

Just because you post it twice doesn't make it any more likely that I'll agree with you...

#20 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:52 PM

Just because you post it twice doesn't make it any more likely that I'll agree with you...

On phone...poo happens.

There are only so many touches. That was the point....so adding several RBs stats who played on different teams doesn't really = what to expect.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: BEAST MODE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users