Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Brandon LaFell Article by Steve Reed.

Brandon LaFell

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#16 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:35 PM

After going to camp on day one I am officially a huge fan of 19. Seyi "God Has Done This" Ajirotutu

#17 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

SUPPORTER

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:15 AM

LaFell is a solid possession type WR, someone you need on the field.

#18 jarhead

jarhead

HUDDLER

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:19 AM

Al Wallace mentioned yesterday that he thinks LaFell will get better.He said he always goes to SSmith after downs and believes that should help in his development.

#19 Rook35200

Rook35200

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:44 AM

I think Murphy is better than Gettis. Murphy is around the same size but faster! And has had two solid seasons with Jamarcus Russell and Bruce Gradkowski throwing him the ball. Last year was proof that the QB position is what can make a great receiver

#20 tukafan21

tukafan21

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:57 AM

I think Lafell and Gettis on the outside with Smitty on the inside and same side of the field as Lafell is our best lineup at WR

Gettis is the speed guy on the outside with Lafell the posession guy running crossing patterns to keep the safety off Smitty who wrecks havoc on nicklebacks

#21 jarhead

jarhead

HUDDLER

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:20 AM

I think Murphy is better than Gettis. Murphy is around the same size but faster! And has had two solid seasons with Jamarcus Russell and Bruce Gradkowski throwing him the ball. Last year was proof that the QB position is what can make a great receiver

PLus his knees work

#22 4Corners

4Corners

2014 Huddle Poster of the Year.

HUDDLER

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:22 AM

If Gettis is on the PUP it's Ajirotutu or Green make the squad.

On the first day of camp Ajirotutu and Green looked spectacular.

Ajirotutu was actually lining up with the one's on three wide receiver sets.

Reed said yesterday on WFNZ that Darrel Green's son is having an excellent camp.

I think if he or Arijotutu make the squad its b/c Armanti didn't. I would be cool with that lol.

#23 csx

csx

HUDDLER

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:38 AM

That's the thing. Lafell doesn't stretch the field. Cam has overthrown him several times because he doesn't have that down field speed. What he is great at is finding soft spots in the zone and leaping catches. Rivera said in an interview that Steve was the down field guy, they need someone to pull coverage, and then Lafell is the guy that makes the grabs. I'm pretty confident the Panthers are keeping things vanilla for now but you will see them game plan to get Lafell open. We run tons of 3 WR sets so far in training camp so you could call 3 guys "starters".

Lafell had a very respectable yards per catch last season. Just fraction of a yard less than Smith and higher than guys like Jackson, Wallace, Green, & Nicks. It's not what you think of in regards to him but it's good enough to rank him 17th in the league at it. He is below average in YAC, so it is coming predominantly through the air.

#24 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:54 AM

Lafell had a very respectable yards per catch last season. Just fraction of a yard less than Smith and higher than guys like Jackson, Wallace, Green, & Nicks. It's not what you think of in regards to him but it's good enough to rank him 17th in the league at it. He is below average in YAC, so it is coming predominantly through the air.

The YPC stat is inflated in our system because we don't throw the ball short very often. There is a big diff between running 20 yards down field and sitting under the safety compared to running 20 yards down field then accelerating past the safety. There's no doubt Lafell catches the ball down field but even his 91 yard TD he didn't blow by the safety, he caught the ball in front of the safety whom gambled on the pick and failed miserably.