Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

One thing you need to understand RE: Camp

23 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

The defensive and offensive lines are not going at it 100%.

Even in the mini scrimmages, they are not giving full effort. So any conclusions you think you have drawn on their performances are incomplete.

So before you start having an opinion either way of how our lines are doing, you may want to take a deep breath and wait until the preseason.

Posted · Report post

So that people can say in the preseason that it's only preseason and you should wait until 8 weeks into the regular season?

Posted · Report post

So that people can say in the preseason that it's only preseason and you should wait until 8 weeks into the regular season?

Zing

Posted · Report post

Well, in a way they are right in regards to the outcome of the game.

But as far as individual assessment of the offensive and defensive line players, preseason is where its at.

Posted · Report post

Bummer.....I know Al Wallace called out Hardy yesterday.

Posted · Report post

Well, in a way they are right in regards to the outcome of the game.

But as far as individual assessment of the offensive and defensive line players, preseason is where its at.

I agree completely.

My comment was more a jab at those who will ignore every valid criticism in the preseason because it's easier to say it's preseason and pretend everything's fine.

Posted · Report post

I agree completely.

My comment was more a jab at those who will ignore every valid criticism in the preseason because it's easier to say it's preseason and pretend everything's fine.

Offense struggled in the preseason last year....so argued the emphasis was on situational and specifics and not just trying to simply score.

Turned out to be accurate as the offense overall had no issues when the season started

Posted · Report post

Offense struggled in the preseason last year....so argued the emphasis was on situational and specifics and not just trying to simply score.

Turned out to be accurate as the offense overall had no issues when the season started

Cam Newton's premiere was an anomaly.

Panthers fans were pretending when 2009 started that it's normal for defensive players not to tackle in the preseason.

Posted · Report post

I agree, I tend to wait for the matchups in preseason because you get to see how well a person does against another opponent. And if they can beat them head to head.

Posted · Report post

Bummer.....I know Al Wallace called out Hardy yesterday.

What did he say?

IMHO if Hardy has another lackluster season TY we should probably start looking elsewhere.

Posted · Report post

It is what it is. :(

Posted · Report post

i take training camp/practices with a grain of salt...but preseason overall gives a good indicator of things to come.