84 replies to this topic

#31 firemoose

firemoose

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationWNC-For Now

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:24 AM

Haha yeah that's why I asked. App fans are the only retards that think he is worth a roster spot. I still remember those idiotic posts about starting him over Cam.

App is a "football school" that I would rank slightly above Grambling State.

Nice post. Next time you call someone a "retard" you might want to consider those who have family members who have a developmental disability and show a little respect. Just because you don't like App fans doesn't give you the right to smear them with a derogatory comment.

And just for your information if you ever went on a paid App fan site instead of the free ones you might notice those fans have no delusions about Armanti being a starting QB in the NFL and none there have ever mentioned him starting over Cam. Lumping all App fans and grads in with a small group of "overenthusiastic fanatics" just shows ignorance on your part.

#32 ncsu12engr

ncsu12engr

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:24 AM

I would put AE up against any NFL 3rd string QB, and would win that battle. Dude has a rocket arm. He could give us at least different options each Sunday, in Chud's offense, for a few plays. There are unlimited ways to use this talent.

Have you done any research at all on this? You are saying you would take AE over Russell Wilson and/or Tavaris Jackson? (not sure who the 3rd string qb in Seattle is yet) He hasn't played qb for what 3 years now. What makes you think he could compete for 3rd string on any team. Cut AE asap Hurney.

#33 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,756 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:27 AM

I feel bad for AE, if they had just used him for his natural ability (QB) things might be different for him.

#34 liljah8303

liljah8303

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • LocationThomasville

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:29 AM

Dude, Cam is a 6'6 version of AE with a better arm and probably faster as well. How much sense would it make to "give the D different look" when in reality we would be giving them a break.....

#35 firemoose

firemoose

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationWNC-For Now

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:38 AM

Have you done any research at all on this? You are saying you would take AE over Russell Wilson and/or Tavaris Jackson? (not sure who the 3rd string qb in Seattle is yet) He hasn't played qb for what 3 years now. What makes you think he could compete for 3rd string on any team. Cut AE asap Hurney.

I agree with getting him the hell out of Carolina. He will be better for it and the haters can get started with their 5+ years of "worst draft pick ever" and "glad we got rid of that piece of poo" posts and maybe get it out of their systems once and for all. It would be nice to read a Panthers post again without someone bringing up AE just to start the crap.

#36 Mage

Mage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:40 AM

They both suck.

#37 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,620 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:47 AM

We have played him at every position except what he played in college. Why not give him some snaps?

#38 Mage

Mage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:51 AM

Because he'll suck.

Do people think our coaching staff is just full of retards or something? Edwards isn't even 6 feet. His accuracy is not good. Not good enough arm strength. They can give him snaps, sure. But it is unlikely he'll do well.

Also, what is everyone's obsession with trying to find a #3 quarterback? If Newton gets hurt, we're screwed (even moreso if DA then gets hurt, but he sucks anyway) regardless unless we magically land some new Tom Brady.

#39 Iceberg Slim

Iceberg Slim

Keep it 100

• HUDDLER
  • 2,087 posts
  • Locationwhatcha worried about it for

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:55 AM

threads with any mention of AE are like the energizer bunny...they keep going and going

Posted Image

#40 scratchy1

scratchy1

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:57 AM

Relax. Neither one will be on the 53-man roster.

#41 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,699 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:58 AM

We have played him at every position except what he played in college. Why not give him some snaps?

He's taken more snaps from the QB position,than he has from the WR position...in actual games.

#42 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,157 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:36 AM

Why are we keeping a sub par 3rd string QB on are 53 man roster, when we could have a very versatile 3rd string qb, that can be used in different areas. AE is not going to make the receiver roster this year, but he has skill to be a qb, runner, or wildcat option package. I think with Chud's mindset, he can use AE in so many different ways. Cut Jimmy, no NFL skills at all. What do you think?

So you would pull Cam out to put AE in the game for his running skills?

#43 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,474 posts
  • Location704

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:40 AM

Who gives a fug what your mom gave to the school. That's like making a racist remark and saying its ok because you have a black friend.

3 inches of snow!!! so your a puss too?

Easy, tiger. I was responding to the subtle jab that people who pull for Carolina aren't smart enough to attend App.

Three inches of snow is no biggie. It's the time of the year that was an issue.

Please note: It's "you're" not "your" - not an English major at ASU, eh?

Boone is a cool little town and I've always had fun there. However, it's a very delusional fan base. ASU moving up to REAL college football would be an awful decision. They'd struggle to win 5-6 games a year and if lucky enough would get a bid to the "Aaron's Rent-A-Center Bowl."

Let's get back on topic, please.

#44 TheOracle

TheOracle

Know-It-All

• HUDDLER
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:56 AM

OP is right to a degree... AE should stay, but I dont agree with cutting Jimmy. We don't even know if Cam's swag has rubbed off on him or not yet. Wait til pre season to see whats up. Hopefully we can showcase him and get a good trade offer

These are the Panthers we're talking about.

If Clausen excels in the Preseason, Derek Anderson will either be 3rd string or gone, and yes I will be pissed about ALL of that.

The sooner we can wash our hands of Clausen, the better. I don't care what he does, or how you feel about what I think about it.

#45 89bstpnd4pnd

89bstpnd4pnd

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:24 PM

Any1 who has seen a practice, knows DA is a good backup/ AE would serve as strictly emergency qb backup, but more importantly, AE is an asset for the panthers because of Chud's creative play calling.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com