49 replies to this topic

#16 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• ALL-PRO
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,265 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:53 AM

Yeap, Zod always pulls out in last second.

#17 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,265 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:56 AM

I say increase that limit to 4,438.

#18 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,584 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:57 AM

Yeap, Zod always pulls out in last second.

Tell that to his kids...

I want a 5,000 post minimum requirement.

#19 JTL1230

JTL1230

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:58 AM

as a new user myself (or at least a new user in this version, I was a member a long time ago but didn't really post much), I would argue the amount of posts you contribute to this forum has nothing to do with your general level of intelligence. Not like I couldn't easily come up with 500 posts of idiocy and start creating equally insightful threads after the fact.

Implementing the rule scares off trolls yes, but it also prevents discussion from new members. Yes, I know they and I can reply. But I don't think, actually I know, that I personally don't need to be babysat until 500 posts. Heck I may be on here for 3 years and never have 500 posts.

Quality not quantity people.

#20 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,265 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:00 PM

Its not his kids... Ssshhh

#21 Mr Smiley

Mr Smiley

Nooblet

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Locationcharlotte

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:02 PM

No

#22 Iceberg Slim

Iceberg Slim

Keep it 100

• HUDDLER
  • 2,087 posts
  • Locationwhatcha worried about it for

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:06 PM

meh, stupid threads provide entertainment and often a place for me to place my animated gifs....all jokes aside though doesn't really matter how many posts you have and idiot is going to be an idiot, that just means they are an idiot after 500 verse being an idiot at one.....I can see why you want this though in all fairness, you had to put up with SNO103 or what-ever his name was but the Mods bant him....so I personally can't see any reason why it would be different any other time a true troll pops up

#23 Iceberg Slim

Iceberg Slim

Keep it 100

• HUDDLER
  • 2,087 posts
  • Locationwhatcha worried about it for

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:08 PM

In recognition of the nature of this thread, I only think it prudent to add this:

Posted Image

and this

Posted Image

#24 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,584 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:25 PM

They're not his kids... Ssshhh

Fixed. :)

#25 Panther_mountain

Panther_mountain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:27 PM

**Request**

If the 500 post is going to imposed can it just be done to the "Football" area? I imagine this is where the issue is. I am a huge NHL fan and dont post often but have posted many topics in Carolina Hurricanes forum. I doubt Bobcats get many trolls and I know Hurricanes forum doesnt get trolls. This is not an invitation for trolls to come play on the Hurricanes forum.

#26 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,309 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:30 PM

Didnt Zod make a high roller post count forum that no one used?

#27 markbm62

markbm62

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:34 PM

Zod knows that this message board would die without the infusion of new blood and that they would not stay if they were unable to post. Yes it is bothersome having to wade through some of these new posters, but some of them turnout to be ok.

#28 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,171 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:38 PM

I don't see the benefit of preventing a newcomer from creating a post. The Huddle is Carolina Panther Forum that invites the ideas and opinions of Carolina Panthers fans, all fans. Just because one fan has over 500 post, doesn't mean that his thread will be any better than a fan with 1 post. If you don't like the thread that you're in, backspace without posting. Anyone that creates a tread wants their thread reach a large number of post and views. Control the post count.

#29 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:50 PM

Man I remember this one guy who started a thread about whether or not Julius Peppers liked our new logo or some shits. The guy had like 1,500 posts. Worst damn thread I have ever seen on here not by a troll. Maybe that user should be banned from creating more shitty threads......like this one.

#30 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,309 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 01:03 PM

What if Jeff Otah joined so he could troll on the haters using user name Chillin79.....we would miss out on that with such a rule

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.