120 replies to this topic

#1 Dilated_chakra

Dilated_chakra

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • LocationWilmington NC

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:20 PM

Ok lets fess up guys.....back after we all found out that Andrew Luck was staying another year in college a huge debate was sparked and it was heated and riddled with insults about who we should draft. I dont remember anyone saying they wanted Cam. At the top of the list was Nick Fairley, AJ Green, Marcel Dareus, Patrick Peterson and others.

I am ashamed to say I was screaming and talking trash to people who thought we needed a WR and I was proclaiming we would draft Nick Fairley. I am really ashamed because I listened to the NFL talking heads instead of going with my own better judgement. I googled Cam and watched his highlights during the summer of 2010 when Cam was going through his controversy. I remember calling my brother saying I would rather have him than Andrew Luck. Then I listened to all the scouts and thought Luck could walk on water and assumed these professional anaylist knew what they were talking about when they dissed Cam.

After he was drafted I went all in since I am a huge homer and overly optimistic and it finally worked out. I am still shocked at most fans here on the huddle talking about 9-7 and 10-6. that is unacceptable.

anyway.....time to fess up know it alls....................who was your guy in the 2011 draft class? and dont front because it can be dug up.

#2 Dex

Dex

Gameday Menu Connoisseur

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,861 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:22 PM

I wanted Peterson real bad.

#3 mountainpantherfan

mountainpantherfan

In Honor of Sam Mills

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:23 PM

Mine was Von Miller. Really wanted him and thought he was the safest pick in that draft.

#4 Darknight

Darknight

Official Rep Keeper

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
  • LocationKinston

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:24 PM

I rarely post much but I wanted Cam Newton. All the other guys weren't worthy of being number 1.

#5 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,874 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:25 PM

I thought that PP was the best choice, but I was preferring to move back and pick up more picks as were needed talent badly.

The one year of starting QB play out of Newton really scared me, I'm not going to lie.

Once he was here and I got to hear about his work ethic and desire to be great I have been all in ever since.

#6 Dilated_chakra

Dilated_chakra

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • LocationWilmington NC

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:26 PM

I rarely post much but I wanted Cam Newton. All the other guys weren't worthy of being number 1.

I wanna draft that photo on your sig

#7 Dilated_chakra

Dilated_chakra

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • LocationWilmington NC

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:26 PM

good start ...only a matter of time before people start frontin........

#8 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,571 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:27 PM

I knew we should get a qb with the 1st overall pick but was worried that Cam may not be NFL ready.I like Green and Peterson but knew we only had Clausen to throw it.Sometimes things just work out

#9 Darknight

Darknight

Official Rep Keeper

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
  • LocationKinston

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:29 PM

The year before that I wanted Jimmy Clausen because I listened to the talking heads at ESPN (didn't have NFL Network) at the time.

My god did Jimmy Clausen suck. I don't know whether it was John Fox or it was Clausen's fault.

#10 pOpCoRnPoPpEr

pOpCoRnPoPpEr

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • LocationPrison

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:31 PM

Wanted Luck.

Looked at Fairley but went with the better DT Dareus. Wanted Dalton in the 3rd round but Cinci picked him in the 2nd, smart move.

#11 Raleighcat83

Raleighcat83

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:32 PM

I wanted Cam the whole time. I didn't mind the people who said he might be a bust, after all it's hard to project those things. But I was highly critical of those who tried to say we didn't need to draft him or start him early because Clausen deserved another chance.

#12 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,379 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:33 PM

From about mid-February on, I was all in on Cam.

This year, though, I felt that Fletcher Cox should have been our pick, more because of team needs than a dislike for Luke. In hindsight, I think Luke was a great pick, and feel this was our best draft in many years.

#13 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• HUDDLER
  • 6,510 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:34 PM

I really wanted PP7 or Dareus. It wasn't necessarily anything against Cam, but I wanted a cant miss type player and thought both of those guys were that.

#14 pantherj

pantherj

• HUDDLER
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:37 PM

I wanted either A.J Green or Cam Newton. I predicted that Cam would destroy NFL defenses with his abiltiy to scramble. This was an extremely unpopular opinion. Most fans wanted PP7, AJ Green, or Marcel Dareus. Fairley had fallen out of favor by that point.

#15 blueandblackattack

blueandblackattack

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:38 PM

I dont usually post, but last year I did post that I wanted Dareus since he looked and is simply a beast, and simultaneously filled a need.

I was totally against Cam ever since I heard Entertainer and Icon. But kept an open mind with the pick and went into my "In Marty we Trust" bubble and hoped for the best (I did the same thing this draft when we took Keuchly, I wanted us to get Cox).

And sadly, my thoughts last year were for Gabbert if we were going for a quarterback, he just sounded and looked like the complete package from the videos and interviews I read and watched.

I'm a man and I admit when I'm wrong, and I'm glad I'm wrong!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.