#106 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,460 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:40 PM

Joe Adams will most likely be used on trick plays this year, however I think he will develop into a good slot receiver one day.

#107 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,460 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:41 PM

Carolina Panthers@Panthers
WR Armanti Edwards has shown improved pass-catching ability in camp thus far. Grabs nearly everything thrown his way.

Didn't really want to post this lol.

I don't care how good AE looks, I want the stain of that wasted pick off of the Panthers hands.

#108 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 11,124 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:43 PM

I accept all forms of pie as well! ;)

#109 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 11,124 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:44 PM

@Panthers

On first play of 7-on-7, Jonathan Nelson picks off Cam in end zone. Pass was intended for Darvin Adams.

#110 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,460 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:45 PM

Carolina Panthers ‏@Panthers
QB Derek Anderson leads offense to 5-yard line. RB Tauren Poole runs it in for the score.

I'm really impressed with Tauren Poole, I think he will beat out Vaughn for the third running back position.

#111 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,688 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:45 PM

A WHOLE PIE!

Carolina Panthers@Panthers
WR Armanti Edwards has shown improved pass-catching ability in camp thus far. Grabs nearly everything thrown his way.

Didn't really want to post this lol.

I don't care how good AE looks, I want the stain of that wasted pick off of the Panthers hands.

Completely ridiculous attitude. If he looks better than other players and can contribute then it's not a wasted pick. It's only a wasted pick if he fails to succeed. You SHOULD be rooting for him, not the opposite. I'll never understand this idiocy.

#112 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,460 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:46 PM

I accept all forms of pie as well! ;)

Ask and you shall receive.

#113 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,460 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:47 PM

Completely ridiculous attitude. If he looks better than other players and can contribute then it's not a wasted pick. It's only a wasted pick if he fails to succeed. You SHOULD be rooting for him, not the opposite. I'll never understand this idiocy.

It's the same thing every year. I will never understand why people get the foolish attitude that it will change over six months. He plays well in camp every damn year and disappears when it matters the most. He has gotten by because of the lack of depth at wide receiver for so many years, but not this year. This year Hurney rids himself of the mistake of drafting Edwards.

#114 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,460 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:49 PM

I like Jonathan Nelson, he played well in the few games we had him for.

I think Nelly makes the practice squad along with D.J. Campbell.

#115 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,688 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:50 PM

It's the same thing every year. I will never understand why people get the foolish attitude that it will change over six months. He plays well in camp every damn year and disappears when it matters the most. He has gotten by because of the lack of depth at wide receiver for so many years, but not this year. This year Hurney rids himself of the mistake of drafting Edwards.

He hasn't disappeared when it mattered most, he's never seen the fuging field at receiver. That's a coaching decision. The attitude of "I don't care how good he looks, I want him gone" is nothing but complete stupidity.

#116 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,763 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:53 PM

My opinion is the right one and everyone else is stupid and nobody is going to convince me otherwise.

#117 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,460 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:54 PM

He hasn't disappeared when it mattered most, he's never seen the fuging field at receiver. That's a coaching decision. The attitude of "I don't care how good he looks, I want him gone" is nothing but complete stupidity.

When it matters the most for players like Armanti Edwards isn't the regular season, it's the preseason. The preseason proves to be no different though, he never gets the job done.

If he wants to play, then he needs to raise his game because players like Jared Green and Seyi Ajirotutu are showing that they can do what Edwards has never been able to do.

Also he has been given a chance, he was given a chance as a special teams asset (you know where Steve Smith first made his mark) and he didn't even succeed at that.

Edwards is gone.

#118 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,460 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:57 PM

I guess practice is over now lol.

#119 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,688 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:57 PM

I'm not debating whether he's a long shot to make the team. With the load of WR's on this team, there are quite a few good receivers that won't make this team. My only point was that wanting to wash your hands of him no matter how good he looks is beyond ridiculous and just shows that you have an anti-Armanti bias for some reason. Whether it's because of the school he went to or his pick, doesn't matter, it's a stupid attitude. If he looks and performs better than other receivers then he should make the team and you should be welcoming to him being able to do so. You shouldn't be spitting some vitriolic nonsense about "I don't care how good he looks, blah blah blah", because it's just that - nonsense.

#120 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,674 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:58 PM

Making definitive statements about which receivers will make spots 5 and 6 is premature.

Let's let the preseason play out, and then make educated guesses. And remember, past performance is not always a good indicator of future results.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com