#121 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,756 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:58 PM

My life is over, where is the nearest cliff?

#122 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 10,998 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:58 PM

@josephperson
Panthers GM Marty Hurney says he had a good meeting with Jeff Otah, who took part of his physical in Charlotte, but has to finish it tmrw.

@SteveReed_AP
GM Hurney says he met with Otah for about 45 minutes in Spartanburg and then the Otah went back to Charlotte for physicals.

#123 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,957 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:00 PM

By the way, I have pulled for Edwards since he was drafted. I am probably one of the few that own an autographed Armanti Edwards football card, but he frustrates the hell out of me.

It's tough to understand how a player can show up in training camp but disappear in games (even preseason games). My only explanation is that the defense in training camp doesn't go balls out as where during the preseason players are flying all over the place trying to make their respective teams roster.

#124 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,957 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:01 PM

So if we aren't keeping Otah, why the hell does he have to come in for a physical?

#125 dugbug

dugbug

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:02 PM

It takes Otah that long to finish a physical

#126 Mage

Mage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:03 PM

Because if he passes it, we are keeping him.

#127 XClown1986

XClown1986

I'm Rick Grimes, Bitch

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:03 PM

So if we aren't keeping Otah, why the hell does he have to come in for a physical?

To see if he is making any progress and then perhaps we will still be able to trade him instead of release him.

#128 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,601 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:04 PM

By the way, I have pulled for Edwards since he was drafted. I am probably one of the few that own an autographed Armanti Edwards football card, but he frustrates the hell out of me.

It's tough to understand how a player can show up in training camp but disappear in games (even preseason games). My only explanation is that the defense in training camp doesn't go balls out as where during the preseason players are flying all over the place trying to make their respective teams roster.

Last year, it looked to me like he was afraid of contact in pre-season games. Maybe he has gotten over this. I'm skeptical, but we should just watch this play out rather than rushing to judgement now.

#129 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,957 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:06 PM

Joe Person ‏@josephperson
Rivera getting a little frustrated with all the young guys on the sidelines, particularly Norman and Hogan. Said Butler has stepped up.

Steve Reed ‏@SteveReed_AP
Otah expressed to Panthers he wants to keep playing. No decision yet on if he will go on PuP list. Stay tuned tomorrow.

Steve Reed ‏@SteveReed_AP
So no decision on Otah's future yet. They will see how the physical goes. Physical isn't complete.

#130 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,957 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:15 PM

I wonder if Otah sees his career ending before his eyes and if he's okay with that...

I'd love to know what's going through his head and I'd love to know what was said when Hurney and Otah met behind closed doors for the first time since the initial trade.

#131 dugbug

dugbug

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:19 PM

I'd love to know what's going through his head

Various snack foods.

No you raise a good point. If this doesnt cause one to get his act together what will.

#132 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,957 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:21 PM

Lol, I expected a response like that but in all seriousness like you said; he should see that his window his closing

#133 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,756 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:31 PM

It's like a really good beer you get it from the tap and its all cold and the glass is fogged then you go to the bathroom and come back and suddenly your awesome beer is warm and sucks.

#134 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,601 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:40 PM

Per Ron Green tweet, Thomas Davis says there is absolutely nothing wrong with his repaired knee, and he expects to be back soon.

Great news for TD. I barely even worry any more about his contribution to the defense, but I really, really, want to see him play this year for his own sake.

#135 Pantherman

Pantherman

• HUDDLER
  • 2,124 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:46 PM

Per Ron Green tweet, Thomas Davis says there is absolutely nothing wrong with his repaired knee, and he expects to be back soon.

Great news for TD. I barely even worry any more about his contribution to the defense, but I really, really, want to see him play this year for his own sake.

Good to hear the good news. I really hope TD keeps on getting better in the knee and stays that way through out the season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com