Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Adam Schein's Preseason Myths (Myth = Panthers are Good)

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#91 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,048 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 03 August 2012 - 12:05 AM

Soo leading the South in sacks counts for nothing? Has Johnson ever had ten or more sacks in a season? Hardy had 4 sacks. Hell, Roman Harper had close to 8 and he's a freakin safety.

How can you say you follow the Panthers even casually and then ask if Johnson has ever had 10 or more sacks in a season. Of course you could have looked it up and saw that he had 11 sacks in 2010. As for Hardy he did have a down year and only had 4 sacks. But Johnson had 4 sacks in part time duty in 2009 and then had 11 in 2010 so what does that matter. And why are we including safeties in anything??? Ware had 19.5 and he is an OLB. Your point????

#92 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,573 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:04 AM

Brandon Meriweather is a better safety than anyone on the Panthers roster. He's a knucklehead, but a two time Pro Bowler. Also Tanard Jackson, you remember him from Tampa? Plus Washington has a much better front seven and passrush to help out their secondary. I would start those two over any safety you got.

I may be, see what I did there, oldish, so I am not all up to date on the 21st century. But back in the day, didn't stretching the truth go hand in hand with making a point? It is the old "Oh, I thought is was closer to..." syndrome. Memory can be used in many ways, but that is a whole tangent of its own.

Ask Smitty what he thinks of Jackson? And if he is second on your list, teeehee, hehe. And nice cover of the rest of the secondary by bringing up the front seven. Typical.

Use an actual piece of knowledge, sprinkle in some bulshit, and make it sound plausable. For you it seems to work. For, me... not so much.

Oh? And not to be too nosey. But... what ever happened to that Landry fellow? Wasn't he another beast/flake? How did that work out?

#93 pOpCoRnPoPpEr

pOpCoRnPoPpEr

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • LocationPrison

Posted 03 August 2012 - 03:02 AM

I may be, see what I did there, oldish, so I am not all up to date on the 21st century. But back in the day, didn't stretching the truth go hand in hand with making a point? It is the old "Oh, I thought is was closer to..." syndrome. Memory can be used in many ways, but that is a whole tangent of its own.

Ask Smitty what he thinks of Jackson? And if he is second on your list, teeehee, hehe. And nice cover of the rest of the secondary by bringing up the front seven. Typical.

Use an actual piece of knowledge, sprinkle in some bulshit, and make it sound plausable. For you it seems to work. For, me... not so much.

Oh? And not to be too nosey. But... what ever happened to that Landry fellow? Wasn't he another beast/flake? How did that work out?

Bad Achilles tendon. He can hit, just can't run.

#94 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,573 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 03 August 2012 - 03:30 AM

The smartass in me wants to know why his tendon is so puzzy? While our Beasts is looking beastly?

The Homer in me wants to know why you tried to peddle him our way last winter?

The fan in me wants to know if RGwhatthefug can actually play?

The Lions fan in me is sad you guys didn't get Tbone.

But the hubby in me just wants to know whether or not you can actually truthfully say...when you roll over at night, can you grab some titty? Cuz when she is with me, and I try that, she gives me the Barkley elbow. I usually leave after that. jk

#95 Achilles

Achilles

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:32 AM

Adam Schein is one of those NFL analysts who has blinders on. All he sees is the Cowboys, Pats, Saints*, and Bears, and those types of teams. He's not really the type to spend a lot of time researching or observing small market teams. I'll bet he has very low expectations for other small market teams like Bills, Bengals, Jags, etc. He's a fairweather guy who jumps on the bandwagon of up and coming teams once they win a few games. He bases all of his analysis on the previous season. He hasn't taken the Panthers seriously since the Jake Delhomme era.

He's a great HOST of NFL programming becuase of his awesome voice, but not a very good analyst. he knows about established teams and players, but he can't recognize a diamond on the rough like the 2012 Panthers.

#96 pOpCoRnPoPpEr

pOpCoRnPoPpEr

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • LocationPrison

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:31 AM

The smartass in me wants to know why his tendon is so puzzy? While our Beasts is looking beastly?

The Homer in me wants to know why you tried to peddle him our way last winter?

The fan in me wants to know if RGwhatthefug can actually play?

The Lions fan in me is sad you guys didn't get Tbone.

But the hubby in me just wants to know whether or not you can actually truthfully say...when you roll over at night, can you grab some titty? Cuz when she is with me, and I try that, she gives me the Barkley elbow. I usually leave after that. jk

Idk, Landry is built like a tank. Seriously he's built like a freaking monster. But again i've always heard that guys who "build muscle Mass" have problems with their tendons. Landry has struggled with those types of injuries since he added so much mass.

I never peddled Landry here. As a matter of fact i stated that he's a thumper but with health problems and isn't worth a large amount of money. The jets signed him to a cheap, one year deal.

I think he can and hopefully turn the franchise around.

I actually love The Golden Calf of Bristol, but RGIII skills blow him off the field. I just hope Griffin is the winner The Golden Calf of Bristol is.

Depends on which night. I'm nolonger a hubby (twice removed) but i have girlfriends. I usually slide my hand down her back and grab ass, works for me.

#97 bigdog10

bigdog10

• HUDDLER
  • 2,587 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:53 AM

There are a couple names out there of "so called" journalists that I don't even both reading when I see thier name posted next to an article. I can tell by the response posts to this piece that it is utter garbage.

Adam Schien
Jason Cole
Pete Prisco

If you've followed the panthers for more than a year, you know these names and thier dis-regard, dis-respect for our team. I pay them no attention.

#98 jherald

jherald

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:11 AM

Yeah, he has been hating on them for weeks on Sirius NFL. His partner (can't think of his name) has us finishing first I believe....

I think you are talking about that idiot Rich Gannon. Total douche as well.

#99 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 17,048 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:15 AM

I think you are talking about that idiot Rich Gannon. Total douche as well.

You might not like Rich or agree with him but when it comes to football he is not an idiot at all. After playing quarterback in the league for years, he definitely knows his football.

#100 panfan32

panfan32

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • LocationFayetteville, North Carolina

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:53 AM

How many years did Schein play NFL football? Never mind How many years did he coach? Never mind. How many years did he work in a front office? Never mind. How many...ah fug it.

Nail on the Head.... LMFAO at this post.

#101 pOpCoRnPoPpEr

pOpCoRnPoPpEr

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • LocationPrison

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:58 AM

Yeah because you actually have had to play in the NFL to completely understand the sport.........

#102 panfan32

panfan32

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • LocationFayetteville, North Carolina

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:59 AM

Sacks and Johnson...

First off its hard as hell to get sacks in a football game when your playing from behind most of the time over the past 2 seasons. When a team has a lead on you, they tens to run more than pass. This limits the chances for sacks.

With that said, Johnson is not Peppers, however, he is young and getting better every year and has had no support on the oppisite side of the line. Hardy was banged up last year after his bike accident and it showed early on. He improved later in the season.

Hardy showed youth and lack of expierencae last season. He was in the back field almost as much as Johnson if not more. But several times was out of place to make a move on the QB. He tends to go to deep in the back field. This will get better with time.

If my memory serves corretly, was hardy not a 6th or 7th round pick?

#103 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,740 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:44 AM

While I disagree, I can see where Schein is coming from. We're not a perennial bad joke like the Browns or Skins, but unless you really follow the team and dig into our games last season all you're going to see is a 6 win team that added a WLB and a RB/FB.

The Saints* are a power house.
The Falcons are good (until they reach the playoffs, anyways).
Tampa Bay will improve and added some high profile pieces.

Personally, if everything goes well, I think we eek out the Falcons for a wild-card spot.

#104 Nine_Lives

Nine_Lives

The Notorious GrG

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts
  • LocationNever neverland

Posted 03 August 2012 - 12:29 PM

^ that

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com