Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is wrong with the NBA? How did it get this way?......

28 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Ding, ding, ding... the lack of basic basketball is the problem. Rampant traveling, superstars getting superstar treatment. A punch is not a foul in this game, but a touch is a foul in the next... I've honestly tried to sit down and watch it, but I can't. How else do these playoff teams get beat by 40 and 50 points? They quit when they're down, and why shouldn't they, it doesn't matter, particularly in the reg. season...

ESPN had that playoff promo thing on with LeBron (who I really like watching) doing a dunk and the tag line says "what's next" or something like that... watch the video, he CLEARLY takes three steps in the open court... no call, I don't even think the ref was looking at the game... and this is a promo!

The NBA and MLB have far too many games, and it makes them all nearly meaningless. I really wish they would cut back NBA games by half. But that would hurt Kobe's salary. :(

Posted · Report post

And yet, every spring that the Spurs won NBA chamiponships doing those exact same things, fans complained that it was "boring".

Everyone hates the Spurs because they're "boring". They're one of my favorite teams right now because they play the right way. Too bad they're all over the hill now.

Posted · Report post

The NBA and MLB have far too many games, and it makes them all nearly meaningless.(

Yes.

Posted · Report post

I stopped watching once the travel calls stopped being called for certain players and teams stopped playing good defense and ball movement became extinct. I thought the spurs were fun to watch back when they were young. One of the best teams too watch as well, I could give a crap less about big dunks in games and stuff, leave that to the dunk contest. It's a game you play it right and play to win.

Posted · Report post

I stopped watching once the travel calls stopped being called for certain players and teams stopped playing good defense and ball movement became extinct. I thought the spurs were fun to watch back when they were young. One of the best teams too watch as well, I could give a crap less about big dunks in games and stuff, leave that to the dunk contest. It's a game you play it right and play to win.

So I take it you weren't a fan of the league when Michael Jordan was in his heyday...

Posted · Report post

So....the playoffs are on?

Posted · Report post

NEVER EVER NEVER leave your guy ESPECIALLY when he can stroke.

Truer words were never spoken. Ladies, are you listening??

Posted · Report post

The NBA being less were amazing happens and more where 4th quarter foul shots and commercials happen is what turns me off.

Posted · Report post

So....the playoffs are on?

Playoffs? I thought basketball season ended in April :confused:

Posted · Report post

I really hate the lean in foul.....defender is playing good defense, ballhader makes a pump fake or jumps for a shot and then leans into the defender and gets a foul....WTF??? cant stand it and makes me hate the nba.....dont reward an offensive player for a defenders good clean defense......

Posted · Report post

I think the officiating is becoming similar to WWF officiating. Being a Bobcat fan I've seen soooooooo many instances of biased play calling, so much so I'm surprised LB hasn't just threw in the towel and called the team to the lockers.

It has become so blatant it is sickening. Note to NBA: If you caught 1 crooked official it probably means there are many more in the walls. I'm just sayin'! :mad:

Posted · Report post

Just watch a college basketball game, then watch an NBA game, you'll see the clear differences. Lot of guys in the NBA think they can just rely on their abilities, not much team basketball exists in the NBA.