• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#16 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,197 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:00 AM

I'd like to see LaFell as that 'larger' slot WR matched up vs the smaller DB's personally. I think he and Olsen could really work the shallow/intermeiate routes while Murphy and Smith keep the safeties occupied high and outside.

That's what I was thinking. Lafell is good at catching in traffic, and having him running crossing routes up the middle is where I think he would shine. Probably wouldn't get the biggest stats for his career in this role (since he doesn't have much acceleration after the catch), but I think he'd be the most effective. When Smitty is ready to hang up the cleats, Gettis might be even able to slide into his role opposite Murphy (or vice versa, whoever doesn't get the role this year).

#17 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,060 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:02 AM

I'm looking forward to seeing Murphy on the field but I think that LaFell will get his shot at #2 WR. Murphy with his speed, I think would fit better in the slot.

#18 Panths

Panths

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:10 AM

I'm glad Murphy came along, I'm not feeling great about Gettis' chances - though I would love to be wrong.

#19 Chaos

Chaos

A Star is born

• HUDDLER
  • 8,532 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:22 AM

I like Panther receivers who play with chips on their shoulders.

See #89

#20 Leeroy Jenkins PhD

Leeroy Jenkins PhD

HCIC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts
  • LocationHouston Texas

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:32 AM

This is going to upset some people, but I believe murphy's talent may spell the end of Gettis

#21 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,767 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:36 AM

This is going to upset some people, but I believe murphy's talent may spell the end of Gettis

Gettis's knee might spell the end of Gettis.

#22 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,569 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:39 AM

As much as I like most of our WRs I temper my enthusiasm with the reality that WRs usually look good in training camp.Its when the hitting starts that the cream will rise to the top.One thing in Murphy s favor he did have a good year in Oakland.Lets see what he looks like in preseason.

#23 Montie_0123

Montie_0123

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:53 AM

I'm glad Murphy's doing well at camp, I hope to see the same thing next week in the first preseason game.

#24 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:15 AM

Its been a very, very, very long time since I've felt this good about our WR corps. I don't really care who's #2-4 as long as the competition,brings out the best. I could see #2-4 being on an almost equal talent level. Smith,LaFell,Murphy and Gettis....wow.

#25 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:22 AM

Gettis's knee might spell the end of Gettis.

Thought he was on the PUP list because of his hammy? Also,I thought I heard, he should be ready for the second week of practice.

#26 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,767 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:29 AM

Thought he was on the PUP list because of his hammy? Also,I thought I heard he should be ready for the second week of practice.

It seems you are correct. I was under the impression that was only Norman but was wrong.

#27 mj4life

mj4life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:33 AM

it's a little early to put the nail in gettis coffin, murphy brings alot of speed & has had some success in games that matter unlike pilares,edwards & company. my prediction is that lafell ends up the #2, murphy #3 to start the season with gettis the #4

#28 Rare Breed

Rare Breed

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:04 AM

He was very close to The Golden Calf of Bristol and Cam while at UF. He was leader on that 2008 NC team.

The thing I love about his game is that he does more than just catch and run. He can block. He is never takes himself out of the play when he isn't targeted.

#29 sml1950

sml1950

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:22 AM

Saw one report that Murphy was paired up with Cam as his "big brother" on the team when he arrived on campus. Unfortunately, he didn't seem to have much positive influence since Cam was out in a year due to his youthful indescressions..

#30 Rare Breed

Rare Breed

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:24 AM

Saw one report that Murphy was paired up with Cam as his "big brother" on the team when he arrived on campus. Unfortunately, he didn't seem to have much positive influence since Cam was out in a year due to his youthful indescressions..

Cam was there for 2 years.

And there was more to him leaving the team that the incident with the laptop.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.