92 replies to this topic

#31 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:26 AM

Gettis better get his ass on the field if he plans on being better than 4th string. Both Murphy and Pilares are out there practicing and looking good. If Rivera has shown one thing, it's that he wants players who actually, you know, play.

That's not to say Gettis isn't legitimately hurt, just an observation.

#32 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:48 AM

If Murphy would've hauled in that TD yesterday from Anderson in the 2 minute drill, I think he would've given himself the early advantage at #2 receiver.

It's great that both are performing well though, regardless our aerial attack is going to much better than last season.

#33 cultclassiccat

cultclassiccat

flash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts
  • LocationG spot

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:57 AM

Tebowmania kept Cam from playing @UF

Murphy is exactly what Cam/team needs and like what was said before, wants to be in every play regardless of the ball being In his hands or not. I hope this will somehow allow Gettis a full recovery, having Smith/Murphy/Gettis has a great ring to it.

#34 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,987 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:01 PM

I still LOL at all the idiots complaining about how we have too many WRs... They have no idea how awesome we are going to be on offense now that we're so deep with talent at the position that we can get contributions down through the 5th or 6th guy on the active roster.

What's even more, this has been a spot on our roster that was long neglected outside of Smitty, and that's what is so beautiful about it that we're now "overstocked" at the position.

I knew Murphy was gonna be a steal, and a big time one at that. Can't wait to see him in action.

#35 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,389 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:09 PM

If anyone thinks Murphy cant push Lafell for the 2nd WR job, then you're plain dumb.

Murphy has shown more over his career that he can be a threat and take over a game. Lafell has only shown that he can make one or two nice catches in a few games. He won't take over a game like Murphy.

Murphy has abilities to be a starter in the NFL already. Lafell now, has potential to be a starter.

#36 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:12 PM

If anyone thinks Murphy cant push Lafell for the 2nd WR job, then you're plain dumb.

Murphy has shown more over his career that he can be a threat and take over a game. Lafell has only shown that he can make one or two nice catches in a few games. He won't take over a game like Murphy.

Murphy has abilities to be a starter in the NFL already. Lafell now, has potential to be a starter.

Okay so you just called Ron Rivera and Marty Hurney dumb...

Another quality post by chuck.

#37 bigdog10

bigdog10

• HUDDLER
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:15 PM

I wouldn't write Lafell out of that number two spot yet. He came on strong towards the end of the year and made some crucial catches.

Not to mention, if you look back at a good number of the long runs by Cam, Williams, and Stewart; you will see Lafell making key blocks to spring them (i.e. Cam's scramble against Washington and Williams long TD run against the Falcons) Lafell was an asset in the running game due to his blocking ability.

#38 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,616 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:16 PM

Okay so you just called Ron Rivera and Marty Hurney dumb...

Another quality post by chuck.

While I think that Chuck isn't the brightest bulb in the box, I fail to see how he called Rivera or Hurney dumb. I believe that they both think that Murphy can push for the number two spot. They have, in fact, stated that the competition is open. So it would seem that, in this case, you might be the dumb one.

#39 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,143 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:23 PM

You must be looking at some different game stats than I

#40 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:26 PM

While I think that Chuck isn't the brightest bulb in the box, I fail to see how he called Rivera or Hurney dumb. I believe that they both think that Murphy can push for the number two spot. They have, in fact, stated that the competition is open. So it would seem that, in this case, you might be the dumb one.

He says that anyone that thinks Murphy can possibly start over LaFell is just plain dumb. I know for a fact both Rivera and Hurney think that Murphy has the ability to be the #2 receiver.

There ya go bud.

#41 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,616 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:28 PM

He says that anyone that thinks Murphy can possibly start over LaFell is just plain dumb. I know for a fact both Rivera and Hurney think that Murphy has the ability to be the #2 receiver.

There ya go bud.

I think you might want to reread what he typed. He said "anyone that thinks that Murphy can't" ...NOT can.

#42 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:33 PM

I think you might want to reread what he typed. He said "anyone that thinks that Murphy can't" ...NOT can.

You're totally right I didn't even notice that.

Sorry chuck
Posted Image

#43 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,389 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:45 PM

You must be looking at some different game stats than I

you looking at stats? im watching panthers games, that they have to stop and show highlights Murphy doing dirt for the Raiders.

Sure, Lafell improved his statistics last year. Sure, he makes amazing catches in a couple games, But when have he really been a real threat in one game that wowed you? I have not seen a single game that he proved to me that he can go be consistent and makes catch after catch. Gettis has shown he can take over a game his rookie year vs the Niners. Lafell has not.

Murphy has shown he can be a threat at the other team's best corner. Need i say more?

#44 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,389 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:47 PM

You're totally right I didn't even notice that.

Sorry chuck
Posted Image

LMFAO!!!! attacking than apologizing. shouldve never attacked in the first place. But yeah, I forgive you for being dumb

#45 TheOracle

TheOracle

Know-It-All

• HUDDLER
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:47 PM

Posted Image

God, I hate this guy's legs so freaking much!!!

YOUR KNEES SHOULD NOT BEND IN TWO DIRECTIONS!!

His knees bend back and they bend to the side, like he can touch the floor to his side.

Is he a freaking alien or something?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com