92 replies to this topic

#76 Rook35200

Rook35200

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • LocationFremont, CA

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:02 PM

Surprised everybody is this high on Murphy. I don't see him getting anywhere near the #2, and wouldn't be shocked if he doesn't make the team. He doesn't contribute on special teams, isn't a fluid route runner, and isn't consistent catching the ball. Not that he's terrible, just don't know that he brings a lot that we don't already have. Smitty doesn't play ST anymore, and LaFell, who Rivera said today had "a strong hold" on the #2 spot, doesn't play special teams either. That makes it tough for a guy that doesn't return or cover kicks. Even if they keep another guy just for WR, Murphy would have to beat out Gettis and Tutu, who Rivera is familiar with from SD.

I don't think you acquire a player by trade with the plan on cutting him in the preason. If you don't think Murphy is gonna be on this team you're crazy....Just out of curiosity? Who are you high on other than Smitty on our wide receiver core?

#77 Rook35200

Rook35200

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • LocationFremont, CA

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:08 PM

No, my legs are just normal. Tone enough to turn women on...been told as much.

This guy's legs bend this way (^) and this way (<) at the knee. That is the DUMBEST thing I have ever seen. I guarantee you it's going to break one day.

I don't think his knees are turning. Knees don't turn, they bend. Looks like he's just pivoting to run a route.

#78 Rook35200

Rook35200

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • LocationFremont, CA

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:08 PM

It's like they say in regards to Gettis. You can't make the club in the tub. He better get back on that field before he gets cut.

#79 Raleighcat83

Raleighcat83

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:56 PM

I don't think you acquire a player by trade with the plan on cutting him in the preason. If you don't think Murphy is gonna be on this team you're crazy....Just out of curiosity? Who are you high on other than Smitty on our wide receiver core?

If the trade had been for more than a conditional 7th rounder I'd agree. Since it was conditional we may even get to keep the pick if he doesn't make the roster. As far as who I'm high on, LaFell, who Rivera said had a pretty good hold on the #2 spot, Gettis assuming he makes it back, plus I think both Pilares and Adams will make the team since they can return kicks. That leaves Murphy to compete with Ajirotutu for the last spot, assuming we keep 6 and we dont take a flyer on Darvin Adams or Darrell Green's kid. Just not sure that Drew Carter, er, Louis Murphy is gonna beat all those guys out, much less take the #2 spot.

#80 TheOracle

TheOracle

Know-It-All

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:52 PM

I don't think his knees are turning. Knees don't turn, they bend. Looks like he's just pivoting to run a route.

His knees **BEND** in two different directions. Look at the guy's YouTube clips.

#81 TheOracle

TheOracle

Know-It-All

• HUDDLER
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:54 PM

I take it you've never been into hacky sack?

What?

#82 TheOracle

TheOracle

Know-It-All

• HUDDLER
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:57 PM

You're going to tell me that you didnt grow up dreaming of playing in the NFL, but instead you grew up dreaming of becoming a member on this Huddle Forum? okay buddy

The reason why the guy is in the league is bc he has the ability to make cuts that sharp and your fat2@ss would pulled a hammy and break an ankle on trying to pull something like that.

You aren't very bright, are you? Also, nice of you to assume that I'm overweight...which of course, I'm not and never have been. Most of what I dreamed about was being able to fly, so I guess birds succeeded and I failed.

#83 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:19 PM

You aren't very bright, are you? Also, nice of you to assume that I'm overweight...which of course, I'm not and never have been. Most of what I dreamed about was being able to fly, so I guess birds succeeded and I failed.

You sure did fail

#84 PhillyB

PhillyB

hari kari for amari

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,785 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:20 PM

lol the oracle sucks

#85 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,653 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:52 AM

No, my legs are just normal. Tone enough to turn women on...been told as much.

I love Carolinahuddle.com :lol:

#86 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

We dominated time of possession though!

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,987 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:58 AM

welcome to the internet. everybody here is an ex-navy seal rhodes scholar black belt millionaire who bangs lingerie models.

#87 CheeseCP

CheeseCP

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationSparkle City

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:14 AM

The difference between the #2 & #3 WR in this offense isn't going to be that big of a deal. Both will get plenty of playing time. With that said, I'd like to see LaFell lock down the #2 because of his blocking ability and the fact that he can be more of a possession receiver to go along with Smitty. If you bring in Murphy as the #3 he'll still get a lot of snaps and he adds additional downfield pressure. Smitty and Murphy going deep with LaFell going over the middle and Stewart or Tolbert coming out of the backfield. Good luck stopping that silliness!

#88 Stroupe-a-loop

Stroupe-a-loop

SeƱor Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,671 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:20 AM

This has taken one of the more impressive turns in carolinahuddle history.

#89 Rook35200

Rook35200

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • LocationFremont, CA

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:26 AM

His knees **BEND** in two different directions. Look at the guy's YouTube clips.

Still...your knees only bend in 1 direction like a hinge...hence hinge joint(knee and elbow) not tryin to nit pick but maybe he's just knock knee'd lol

#90 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,171 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:23 AM

the oracle has always amazed me.

its amazing how far away from the truth a guys user name could be. even worse than the real deal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com