#1 SetfreexX

SetfreexX

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:21 AM

http://blogs.charlot...l-find-out.html

Jeff Otah will report to the Panthers Wednesday, but he won't be part of the team. Teammates have spent too much time playing, Otah too much time watching. The Panthers aren't his anymore.

If healthy, Otah is among the better run blockers in the NFL. He was on the cusp of the Pro Bowl his first two seasons and probably would have been selected if he played left, instead of right, tackle.

Since then he's been injured. And once you're out, you're out. He might play again, and might play well.

But it will be with a team other than the Panthers.

#2 Dex

Dex

Gameday Menu Connoisseur

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,772 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:49 AM

Nothing to see here. Move along.

#3 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:50 AM

Certainly sounds like it... I mean how the hell is he not gonna pass a physical last week, and then pass one this week.

This is going to be an interesting development. They sat and talked with him for 40 min... I guess we'll see.

#4 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,060 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:51 AM

I just hate that we may not get anything for him...

#5 SetfreexX

SetfreexX

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:24 AM

I just hate that we may not get anything for him...

Sure we did, plenty of disappointment, fat jokes, things to keep us busy when bored, he even gave us the hope that he was gone.

#6 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• HUDDLER
  • 4,742 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:29 AM

Random hypothetical question. If we cut him and he goes somewhere and reinvents himself into a good player again, we do not get a comp pick, correct?

#7 Leeroy Jenkins PhD

Leeroy Jenkins PhD

HCIC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,893 posts
  • LocationHouston Texas

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:42 AM

Playing the role of eternal optimistic, Otah has talent. Maybe it is not too late for him. Would provide great depth. Deep down I know it's too late, but dang, this whole situation sucks

#8 jayflip

jayflip

vaya con dios

• HUDDLER
  • 2,602 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:42 AM

Random hypothetical question. If we cut him and he goes somewhere and reinvents himself into a good player again, we do not get a comp pick, correct?

No comp pick

#9 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,478 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:28 AM

Only get comp picks for free agents that you let walk.

#10 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

shitpost around the clock

• HUDDLER
  • 9,291 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:37 AM

bell has already shown more drive and want-to than otah in spite of the fact that he might be less talented. jeff is done and i'm happy that rivera's panthers don't put up with that poo. no more backing in as a starter.

#11 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• HUDDLER
  • 3,819 posts
  • LocationRadford University

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:58 AM

Is it cause Hes Lazy for real or is it just the knee?? cause thats our first round pick with tons of talent!! almost made the probowl!

#12 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,382 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:09 AM

Is it cause Hes Lazy for real or is it just the knee??

This is something that nobody here knows but pretends they do. The fact is, Rivera talked about how hard he worked last season and how good of a job he was doing. Then he got hurt again. The fans have nothing to base this laziness assertion on other than his "fat" o-line body type, which for some reason they attribute to laziness for him but not for Bell, Hangman, Kalil, Amini, or Gross, who all have the same o-line body.

He can't pass a physical. He's not going to these physicals and saying "My knee is fine but I don't waaaaannaaaaa." The doctors are looking at the knee and saying no.

#13 Panther17

Panther17

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,823 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:12 AM

This is something that nobody here knows but pretends they do. The fact is, Rivera talked about how hard he worked last season and how good of a job he was doing. Then he got hurt again. The fans have nothing to base this laziness assertion on other than his "fat" o-line body type, which for some reason they attribute to laziness for him but not for Bell, Hangman, Kalil, Amini, or Gross, who all have the same o-line body.

He can't pass a physical. He's not going to these physicals and saying "My knee is fine but I don't waaaaannaaaaa." The doctors are looking at the knee and saying no.

Didn't he just pass the Panther's physical? What is so different between the physicals Jets do and Panthers do?

#14 Craigslist Killer

Craigslist Killer

I love me some hookers

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:16 AM

Gosh darnit

#15 Rare Breed

Rare Breed

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:22 AM

It's funny to me why so many people were counting on Otah being here this year. And I don't mean on the team, I mean on the field. I expected him to at least be on the team but he has proven that he wasn't reliable. Never penciled him in as the starter.

Now, it does suck that we probably won't get anything for him but really we only were going to receive a late round pick.

And I am assuming he failed the physical because of conditioning not because of the knee (although they surely go hand and hand). Jets had to have known about his injured knee.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.