Photo
- - - - -

Once you're gone, you're gone, as Jeff Otah will find out

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

#16 Leeroy Jenkins PhD

Leeroy Jenkins PhD

HCIC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:39 AM

I'm confused. Is he officially gone? Or is that a bloggers speculation?

#17 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

HUDDLER

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:49 AM

This is something that nobody here knows but pretends they do. The fact is, Rivera talked about how hard he worked last season and how good of a job he was doing. Then he got hurt again. The fans have nothing to base this laziness assertion on other than his "fat" o-line body type, which for some reason they attribute to laziness for him but not for Bell, Hangman, Kalil, Amini, or Gross, who all have the same o-line body.

He can't pass a physical. He's not going to these physicals and saying "My knee is fine but I don't waaaaannaaaaa." The doctors are looking at the knee and saying no.

i understand ur point that as an olineman, ur generally a beefy guy but kalil and gross in particular are extremely lean.

honestly even if otah's knee is the problem, he isn't in football playing shape. he wasn't last year and was constantly getting pulled for a breather and puking on the sidelines. yea i know u cant run with a bum knee, but he coulda swam, rode stationary bikes, hell even done upper body cardio. maybe otah could overcome his knee and provide something to the team, but he surely has not been giving 100%.

#18 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

HUDDLER

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:01 PM

you try to put 6'6 360 lbs on a bad knee and see how you feel. remember how hard he worked last season and started the season but got hurt again? He really has a really bad knee. He isn't lazy. But I hope we can get something in return for him.

#19 Rip Saw

Rip Saw

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:17 PM

Id like to know where some of you are getting your insider information.

#20 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
Guests

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:35 PM

I'm confused. Is he officially gone? Or is that a bloggers speculation?

STAFF MEETS WITH OTAH
Rivera confirmed that he and general manager Marty Hurney met with offensive tackle Jeff OtahPosted Image today after the trade to the Jets was voided.

"We sat down and had a nice discussion," Rivera said. "Everything hinges on him going back and getting that physical."

#21 TheOracle

TheOracle

Know-It-All

HUDDLER

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:41 PM

As long as he's still a part of the Panthers he's not gone.

Who cares if he's "accepted"? If he's PHYSICALLY HERE, then he's not gone.

#22 The Huddler

The Huddler

^ 99 OVR ^

SUPPORTER

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:42 PM

Im pulling for Otah man. Idk about you guys but i would love for him to stay and acually contribute to this Oline. Get a freakin prostetic leg!!

#23 Leeroy Jenkins PhD

Leeroy Jenkins PhD

HCIC

HUDDLER

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:10 PM

I agree, I think everyone needs to stop pretending they know whats up with Otah. It is in the coaches hands now. They will do what is best for the team

#24 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

HUDDLER

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:54 PM

Sure we did, plenty of disappointment, fat jokes, things to keep us busy when bored, he even gave us the hope that he was gone.

All true statements but of course was referring to something more significant, like a pick to replace the pick we traded.

#25 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

HUDDLER

Posted 02 August 2012 - 04:07 PM

Who am I going to cuss about now?

#26 frash.exe

frash.exe

Freddy Frashbear

HUDDLER

Posted 02 August 2012 - 04:17 PM

This is something that nobody here knows but pretends they do. The fact is, Rivera talked about how hard he worked last season and how good of a job he was doing. Then he got hurt again. The fans have nothing to base this laziness assertion on other than his "fat" o-line body type, which for some reason they attribute to laziness for him but not for Bell, Hangman, Kalil, Amini, or Gross, who all have the same o-line body.

He can't pass a physical. He's not going to these physicals and saying "My knee is fine but I don't waaaaannaaaaa." The doctors are looking at the knee and saying no.

It was never Otah that talked about his rehabbing. Instead the coaches and Hurney were vouching for him. If you're prompted by the press about how a player is doing, you're never going to say, "you know I really wish he'd be making more of an effort", or imply it unless somebody is really being lazy. Thomas Davis was very vocal himself about his recovery, and so was Beason. These are guys that have passion for the game.

Otah has no passion for this game so he doesn't belong here. He was called out by Gross two years ago, and he was called out by Rivera just a few weeks ago. Do you know how unmotivated you have to be as a former first round draft pick to lose your job to a 2nd year UDFA whom overall performed terribly last season?

#27 Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

SUPPORTER

Posted 02 August 2012 - 04:23 PM

it's official...you can change the thread title

http://blogs.charlot...cornerback.html