Photo
- - - - -

Panthers Terminate Contract of Jeff Otah

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
80 replies to this topic

#76 AggieLean.

AggieLean.

Blessed.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 03 August 2012 - 01:07 PM

If you look at the domino effect it created, not only did he cost us a first round pick, but he also debited us for another first rounder, gave us The Amazing Spinning Top and Pickles, and on top of all that, he cost us 3 years of development for a player who would've actually wanted to play football at his position and a roster spot each year. You want to talk about a gigantic, steaming pile of poop. There it is.

So, yeah, people are going to be mad about that.

If you look at it like this, then he eventually helped us get Cam.

#77 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

Moderators

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:56 PM

Eventually everything evens out... Yes, we got Cam, but at the cost of 3 years worth of development and picks, especially at the RT position.

But, with the ultimate result being Cam, we can't really complain. I just wish we would've hit on the 2nd rounders after Otah and still ended up with Cam. We got absolutely nothing of worth from Brown or Clausen.

#78 frash.exe

frash.exe

Freddy Frashbear

HUDDLER

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:40 PM

Fox's lame duck season would've gotten us within striking distance anyway. The point is, Ron would've inherited a team with a bit more talent.

Imagine Hakeem Nicks on this team

#79 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

Keep Pounding...all the way to...the draft! :D

SUPPORTER

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:52 PM

Are you president of the Marty Hurney Fan Club?

We gave away a 1st round pick to get Everette Brown. BUST.

What did SF get for that pick? Look it up.

Let's take a look at 2nd and 3rd round busts since 2004.

Keary Colbert
Eric Shelton
Evan Mathis
Atiyya Ellison
Rashad Butler
Dwayne Jarrett
Charles Godfrey (can't tackle)
Sherrod Martin (ditto)
Corey Irvin
Jimmy Clausen
Armanti Edwards

Wow, are you seriously going to nitpick all the rounds? How about you also add all the starters that he acquired in later rounds? I'd make a list but I"m really freaking tired right now, off the top of my head I know Charles Johnson is a third rounder. LaFell is a third rounder, Smitty...etc etc. Kalil is second rounder

I said this was his first 1st round bust. Never did I say he hasn't had any OTHER round busts. I'm well aware of them. I'm just saying that his track record for the 1st round is phenomenal. Which is what you would want. Not a lot of other teams can say that. Look at the Lions and how many 1st round busts they've had. The Raiders... The list goes on and on. Yet Hurney has hit all his marks in the 1st round except for Otah. Just saying..

To answer your question, no I'm not the president. I can live with what Hurney has done in the draft, there have been stupid moves. But the good moves over shadow the bad. For me at least.

#80 Lumps

Lumps

Jase is butthurt

HUDDLER

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:00 PM

yea but how many busts are there in the first round? i mean really, half that round is usually locked

#81 Herb

Herb

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 04 August 2012 - 01:17 AM

About time. Dude completely gave up last year. He just doesn't have enough heart or will power. He is lazy and unmotivated. No business being on our team.