Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TopCat

8/2 Training Camp, Twitter Thread

152 posts in this topic

What are the odds of Campbell starting at LT and moving Gross to RT? If Campbell keeps impressing he could very well have a starting gig.

1 person likes this

What are the odds of Campbell starting at LT and moving Gross to RT? If Campbell keeps impressing he could very well have a starting gig.

None.

@James_Dator

Bruce Campbell has been extremely impressive over the last week

@James_Dator

If Hurney managed to get a long-term tackle for Goodson it cancels out Otah for my money

HELL YES!!! He my man. Any pics of him? Im Kinda off my Hogan High
1 person likes this

Told ya'll about Bruce Campbell!

And more good news:

Thinking of normal Beason and Keuchly on the same field together makes me ********.

1 person likes this

Son of an Otah, double post.

None.

Why not?

Why not?

Don't fix what isn't broken. Gross is and gets paid to be a damn good LT.

Don't fix what isn't broken. Gross is and gets paid to be a damn good LT.

Problem is that Bell is not a damn good RT. So let's say Campbell impresses enough to start on the right, would you prefer Gross on the left and Campbell on the right or the other way round? Campbell is a lean, athletic type of guy and Gross has always been better on the right. Don't let the money shroud your decision making.

I think Gross at LT and Campbell at RT (if he continues to impress) would be the best option. I feel like while Gross might be better at RT, he's better than Campbell at LT. Gotta protect Cam's blindside with the best guy possible.

Problem is that Bell is not a damn good RT. So let's say Campbell impresses enough to start on the right, would you prefer Gross on the left and Campbell on the right or the other way round? Campbell is a lean, athletic type of guy and Gross has always been better on the right. Don't let the money shroud your decision making.

Bell was thrown into an impossible situation and improved as the year went, I like the line as is.

2 people like this

The only reason that guys often have fewer sacks when they play right tackle is because defenses put their best defensive end on the offense's left side or the typical quarterback's blind side. Gross is a pro-bowl left tackle so no we won't be moving him. As for whether he beats out Bell, not only will he have to play great but Bell will have to struggle. Otherwise Bell will get the nod.