• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#106 mj4life

mj4life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:13 PM

don't quite understand why some seem to think that bell can't improve & become a solid rt. one thing that is clear to me is that riveria will bring in people to push fringe starters to improve& if they don't he will replace them

#107 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,268 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:16 PM

don't quite understand why some seem to think that bell can't improve & become a solid rt. one thing that is clear to me is that riveria will bring in people to push fringe starters to improve& if they don't he will replace them

He can improve...

Some of it is just a skill set issue. I'd like to seem him working to be a G.

not sure why so many are content with someone so bad at pass protection should be out there with Cam

#108 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,230 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:18 PM

@SteveReed_AP

Funny quote today from Ron Rivera on DE Greg Hardy: "He came in in a great shape. He didn't ride his motorcycle, which was huge for us."

#109 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,550 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:20 PM

I can find quotes of Ron praising our DTs, backup LBs, defending Capt and our Ss.

What specifically did Bell improve on? I just didnt see....wasn't handling pass rushers.

https://mobile.twitt...187035405303809

#110 mj4life

mj4life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:23 PM

He can improve...

Some of it is just a skill set issue. I'd like to seem him working to be a G.

not sure why so many are content with someone so bad at pass protection should be out there with Cam

that might happen sometime down the road, right now the coaches feel he should start but also have guys like wiiliams & campbell to push him. talent is important but finding 5 guys who operate well as unit is more important IMO

#111 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,268 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:24 PM

https://mobile.twitt...187035405303809

Ok. Lots of guys have good days in camp.

More required considering how unequipped he was dealing with the pass rush and our franchises future under center.

Bell will have to earn it in preseason. he has to prove it.

#112 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,268 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:31 PM

that might happen sometime down the road, right now the coaches feel he should start but also have guys like wiiliams & campbell to push him. talent is important but finding 5 guys who operate well as unit is more important IMO

Nothing suggests Bell is better than Campbell.

But I fully agree Campbell has to earn it from Bell. Rivera is right in rewarding Bell with the seat for now

#113 mj4life

mj4life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:45 PM

Nothing suggests Bell is better than Campbell.

But I fully agree Campbell has to earn it from Bell. Rivera is right in rewarding Bell with the seat for now

didn't say he was, bell is the starter right now but that could change between now & the start of the regular season. it's not as if bell is getting a free pass to start with nobody on the roster to challenge him or a coaching staff intent on playing someone just because they like him.

#114 Montie_0123

Montie_0123

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:57 PM

I think we all need to see how Bell plays during the preseason now that he has a year under his belt. If he still plays like he did last year then it's likely Campbell will beat him out. But if he has shown the improvement that Rivera talks about then we need to leave the situation alone. Because like many have said he was a undrafted free agent thrown into the fire during a lockout year. I'm pulling for him because he's showing that he wants to be here and he's giving it all he got.

#115 CLG

CLG

I'ma Mac, Ur a PC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:02 PM

HELL YES!!! He my man. Any pics of him? Im Kinda off my Hogan High

Traitor. lol. I been trying to stay strong, but im fading fast too.

#116 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,996 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:48 PM

I can find quotes of Ron praising our DTs, backup LBs, defending Capt and our Ss.

What specifically did Bell improve on? I just didnt see....wasn't handling pass rushers.

"Nobody's getting anything there. Byron Bell did a hell of a job for us last year," Rivera said.

http://m.nfl.com/new...000d5d82931556/

He improved in all facets, as you would expect from someone in his position. He has stuff to work on, but to insinuate that he's just awful is horribly inaccurate.

#117 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,140 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 12:07 AM

Hey man im still high on Hogan but my man Bruce is the man

#118 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,140 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 12:08 AM

Hey man im still high on Hogan but my man Bruce is the man

#119 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,268 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 12:29 AM

"Nobody's getting anything there. Byron Bell did a hell of a job for us last year," Rivera said.

http://m.nfl.com/new...000d5d82931556/

He improved in all facets, as you would expect from someone in his position. He has stuff to work on, but to insinuate that he's just awful is horribly inaccurate.

I think it is horribly inaccurate to say he isn't awful in pass protection. Which is my concern in our new offense with our new QB.

I still saw no improvement there. I think he gained a better clue of what was going on....he is just too slow when asked to pass protect.

and if that wasn't awful T play last year then I don't know if awful T play exist ( and I am not grading him on being a rookie thrown into a bad spot....just NFL T play in general).

#120 Udogg

Udogg

Cardiac Victim since 95

• HUDDLER
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 12:32 AM

What do you use to grade? Coaches tape, tivo or you tube?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com