Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Edwards hyper-extended knee at practice

164 posts in this topic

Posted

I really don't see this as a huge issue, as I stated earlier. So long as this is really just a hyper-extended knee, the time missed will be minimal, and really shouldn't effect his play one way or the other.

Posted

You mean this 34 old DT coming off a major season long injury wasn't the answer to our DL problem?

But I don't understand. CRA said he was.

1 person likes this

Posted

Like i said i another topic, Edwards is old and older players tent to get hurt a lot more often. If you are counting on Edwards to save the DL you are in for a big let down.

We should really listen to this guy. Because if anyone knows about huge letdowns, it is a Redskins fan.

2 people like this

Posted

DT is the new Fox era TE

Because spending 2 3rd round picks one one position is neglecting it.

I swear, you get more ridiculous every day.

Posted

Because spending 2 3rd round picks one one position is neglecting it.

I swear, you get more ridiculous every day.

when you have nothing at a position, you have to better than the thrid round to address it.

what we have now is the equivilent of tossing poo at the wall and seeing what sticks.

1 person likes this

Posted

I loved the Amini pick, but guy like Worthy was still there in the 2nd. Not just that, we choose to take Frank Alexander over a guy like T'amu.

When will RR take the DT position seriously and not just plug and play guys.

RR is one of the best defensive minds in football, add to the fact, that he was a pro linebacker, I'm pretty confident that he knows how important the position is, and people like you are talking out your ass to imply that he doesn't.

Typical overreaction thread on the huddle.

Posted

That's great that it isn't serious, but if he can't even handle practice how will he be around for 16 games..

Posted

Like i said i another topic, Edwards is old and older players tent to get hurt a lot more often. If you are counting on Edwards to save the DL you are in for a big let down.

I'd agree with you on the old part of this. Ron is a very large man who would most certainly qualify as a "seasoned vet".

However, and this is where you lack of knowledge regarding the Panthers is obvious, no one is expecting Ron to "save the DL".

All we need for him to do is be fat and clog the middle. If he has more than 2 sacks this year it would be icing on the cake. This is why the defense struggled last year, bro. Double team CJ, push Fua/McClain down, and now you are in to a depleted LB corp of guys who should be 3rd stringers (except for JA, of course).

This is why everyone talks sh1t to you and laughs at your direction. You may think you know what's going on with the panthers, but it's fairly obvious how much you really know and it's not much.

Posted

RR is one of the best defensive minds in football, add to the facf, that he was a pro linebacker, I'm pretty confident that he knows how important the position is, and people like you are talking out your ass to imply that he doesn't.

Typical overreaction thread on the huddle.

no bc he took two DTs in the third that didnt played so well last season, and to just admit that they're probably going to be busts is going to make RR and Hurney looks bad. so, its best for RR to try and give them another chance to prove they may be able to play. if you think we're set at the DT position, i dont know what you're smoking. we have a below average DT position

unless Ron Edwards, Beason and Kuechly performs at a Pro Bowl level, they might be able take away how weak our DT spot will look on the field. Other than that, the DT position will again be the position everyone will be talking about in next year draft for us.

Posted

they always say hyperextended knee before they do an MRI and it's an ACL tear.

Prepare yourselves.

Posted

he'll be fine. He'll be out of practice for 2-3 days. Who even cares

Posted

at least we have frank kearse who is going to beast this season