#91 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,115 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:45 PM

That's great that it isn't serious, but if he can't even handle practice how will he be around for 16 games..

#92 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:48 PM

Like i said i another topic, Edwards is old and older players tent to get hurt a lot more often. If you are counting on Edwards to save the DL you are in for a big let down.

I'd agree with you on the old part of this. Ron is a very large man who would most certainly qualify as a "seasoned vet".

However, and this is where you lack of knowledge regarding the Panthers is obvious, no one is expecting Ron to "save the DL".

All we need for him to do is be fat and clog the middle. If he has more than 2 sacks this year it would be icing on the cake. This is why the defense struggled last year, bro. Double team CJ, push Fua/McClain down, and now you are in to a depleted LB corp of guys who should be 3rd stringers (except for JA, of course).

This is why everyone talks sh1t to you and laughs at your direction. You may think you know what's going on with the panthers, but it's fairly obvious how much you really know and it's not much.

#93 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:49 PM

RR is one of the best defensive minds in football, add to the facf, that he was a pro linebacker, I'm pretty confident that he knows how important the position is, and people like you are talking out your ass to imply that he doesn't.

Typical overreaction thread on the huddle.

no bc he took two DTs in the third that didnt played so well last season, and to just admit that they're probably going to be busts is going to make RR and Hurney looks bad. so, its best for RR to try and give them another chance to prove they may be able to play. if you think we're set at the DT position, i dont know what you're smoking. we have a below average DT position

unless Ron Edwards, Beason and Kuechly performs at a Pro Bowl level, they might be able take away how weak our DT spot will look on the field. Other than that, the DT position will again be the position everyone will be talking about in next year draft for us.

#94 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,343 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:49 PM

they always say hyperextended knee before they do an MRI and it's an ACL tear.

Prepare yourselves.

#95 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:51 PM

he'll be fine. He'll be out of practice for 2-3 days. Who even cares

#96 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:52 PM

at least we have frank kearse who is going to beast this season

#97 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 11,135 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:55 PM

they always say hyperextended knee before they do an MRI and it's an ACL tear.

Prepare yourselves.

Posted Image

#98 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:55 PM

he'll be fine. He'll be out of practice for 2-3 days. Who even cares

if you dont care, then you obviously think that we are good at the DT position.
DT is the weakest spot on our team still. Everyone is crossing their fingers on Edwards coming back healthy and that he may be able to erase our memories of last year. But if he cant, we'll be seeing teams running straight down our throat again just like last year.

#99 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:58 PM

at least we have frank kearse who is going to beast this season

When was the last time we have a legit DT? I mean we have really gotten so bad at that position that some of us has really settle on average DT like Kearse and Edwards at being our savior on the Dline.

I miss those days with Jenkins and Buckner badly.

#100 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 03 August 2012 - 03:00 PM

We've been searching for a DT since Jenkins left.

Honestly, Hollis Thomas has been our best DT since Kris was traded.

Louis Leonard.
That scrub Tank Tyler from NC State.
Derek Landri.

Who else?

King said yesterday that there has been plenty of underachieving panther DL, but it's hard for me to classify someone who just flat out sucks as an underachiever.

#101 Nine_Lives

Nine_Lives

The Notorious GrG

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts
  • LocationNever neverland

Posted 03 August 2012 - 03:02 PM

I'd agree with you on the old part of this. Ron is a very large man who would most certainly qualify as a "seasoned vet".

However, and this is where you lack of knowledge regarding the Panthers is obvious, no one is expecting Ron to "save the DL".

All we need for him to do is be fat and clog the middle. If he has more than 2 sacks this year it would be icing on the cake. This is why the defense struggled last year, bro. Double team CJ, push Fua/McClain down, and now you are in to a depleted LB corp of guys who should be 3rd stringers (except for JA, of course).

This is why everyone talks sh1t to you and laughs at your direction. You may think you know what's going on with the panthers, but it's fairly obvious how much you really know and it's not much.

If that were the case then any large, fat man could "clog the middle". I'm not going to get into why the defense struggled last season and oh by the way the poster you quoted nailed it in regards to Ron Edwards last season and a lot of things as well. You just don't like him and refuse to give him any create.

#102 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 03 August 2012 - 03:06 PM

DP

#103 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 03 August 2012 - 03:06 PM

If that were the case then any large, fat man could "clog the middle". I'm not going to get into why the defense struggled last season and oh by the way the poster you quoted nailed it in regards to Ron Edwards last season and a lot of things as well. You just don't like him and refuse to give him any create.

Was Grits banned again? This is the same frivolous dribble he usually says.

Hey NOOB, not any large fat man can clog the middle. If that was the case, my Dad could do it. Don't forget that under neath that fat on these 350 pound men is layer of muscle. They are athletes.

Do you understand how football works? Kemo was a very effective DT because he was good at what he did. Be fat and take up space. Give the LBs room to work. We need holes to open up for blitzes. We need DTs to block interior o-linemen and not turn into a mattress after 2 seconds.

#104 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 11,135 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 03 August 2012 - 03:07 PM

Posted Image

Grits alt alert!

#105 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,762 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 03 August 2012 - 03:11 PM

no bc he took two DTs in the third that didnt played so well last season, and to just admit that they're probably going to be busts is going to make RR and Hurney looks bad. so, its best for RR to try and give them another chance to prove they may be able to play. if you think we're set at the DT position, i dont know what you're smoking. we have a below average DT position

unless Ron Edwards, Beason and Kuechly performs at a Pro Bowl level, they might be able take away how weak our DT spot will look on the field. Other than that, the DT position will again be the position everyone will be talking about in next year draft for us.

i never said we're set.

but glad you stepped up and said our head coach doesn't know the importance of the position.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com