• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#1 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,505 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:06 PM

While Mitt Romney spent much of last week criticizing President Obama for telling business owners that they owed some of their success to others — such as teachers and those who have built government-paid roads, the Republican presidential candidate made a similar argument during the opening ceremonies of the 2002 Winter Olympics, telling the athletes "you didn't get here solely on your own power."

#2 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,448 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:49 PM

1/10

#3 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,721 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:05 PM

#orly?

#4 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,505 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:08 PM

1/10 are his chances

Can't wait to grab your guns in 2013

#5 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,721 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:11 PM

mitt could be a boon to men's hair care products.

#6 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,435 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:29 PM

On the Mitt Irony Meter this ranks just below him demanding Ted Kennedy release his tax returns.

http://politicaltick...past-campaigns/

#7 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,476 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 11:17 AM

what many of you fail to understand is that Mitt is now a blank slate. He's an etch-a-sketch. Basically, he was given a shake when he decided to run for president, and all that garbage in the past is gone. No worries. Just wait to see what he looks like once he gets given a shake after winning the presidency.

#8 King

King

A Cell of Awareness

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:07 PM

This is pretty tame compared to Obama's pastor calling the country the U.S. of KKK A.

#9 jesus shuttlesworth

jesus shuttlesworth

NEWB

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:26 PM

it's 2012 and you still buy into the reverend wright stuff. wow you sure are a free thinking independent

#10 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,435 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:37 PM

This is pretty tame compared to Obama's pastor calling the country the U.S. of KKK A.

lol we're talking candidate religion now? let's get this poo started then.

According to Romney's, Native Americans are a "dark, loathesome and filthy people, full of idleness and all manner of abominations."

“If the white man who belongs to the chosen seed mixes his blood with the seed of Cain (black person) the penalty under the Law of God is death on the spot.”

Ok your turn.

#11 King

King

A Cell of Awareness

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:15 PM

it's 2012 and you still buy into the reverend wright stuff. wow you sure are a free thinking independent

I hold politicians accountable for their affiliations.

Do you know how to argue with anyone without resorting to argumentum ad hominem?

#12 jesus shuttlesworth

jesus shuttlesworth

NEWB

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:17 PM

i hold politicians accountable for their actions. don't worry, roving black panther death squads aren't coming for your pasty ass by order of supreme leader obama any time soon

#13 King

King

A Cell of Awareness

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:28 PM

lol we're talking candidate religion now? let's get this poo started then.

According to Romney's, Native Americans are a "dark, loathesome and filthy people, full of idleness and all manner of abominations."

“If the white man who belongs to the chosen seed mixes his blood with the seed of Cain (black person) the penalty under the Law of God is death on the spot.”

Ok your turn.

I wasn't aware of Romney's pastor's remarks, which are certainly disgusting. (And I had no intention of voting for Romney before or after I had heard them.)

But arguing degrees of evil is a lose-lose. I think we can both agree that their pastors are unpleasant men with irrational ideas.

And conservatism isn't individualistic, so the Olympics comment isn't really a contradiction. At least with what conservatives practice. They've always given lip service to capitalism, empty as it may be. (But so have democrats, so pick your poison.)

#14 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,651 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:34 PM

I don't really have a problem with this. When looking at this with anything more than cursory glance, it's pretty easy to see the difference between the two.

#15 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,435 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 07:35 PM

What's the difference between the two? I think they're both perfectly valid points.

If you're an Olympian, you had help from the people around you, teachers, coaches, trainers, teammates, etc.

If you're a business owner, you had help from the people around you, teachers, friends, and the infrastructure we've set up as a society to be conducive to people starting their own business.

These aren't controversial remarks at all until you literally cut the words mid-sentence like the Romney ad that started the hullabaloo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.