Photo
- - - - -

Treasury ready to prevent collapse of automakers

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

#31 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 10:03 PM

Unions have served their purpose, and the latest escapade is proof positive that they are more concerned with their own power than the employees they represent...UAW worker makes 77.00 an hour in pay and benefits...Japanese autoworkers make 44.00 an hour in wage and benefits...The japanese model makes money, the US model not so much. Lots of blame to go around, but plenty to place on the UAW as well.

people buy japanese cars too, which helps.

#32 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,978 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 11:13 AM

Ahh. I missed posting here.

Gotta blow up the Unions. And please, if you bring the old, well if it weren't for Unions argument I will throw a Chinese star into the side of your neck.
Antiquated Unions has choked the life out of the Big Three as well as some other industries.
Loyalty ends up trumping common sense and guess who gets burned? You and I.

Break up GM and Chrysler or merge them. BTW-Chrysler is a PRIVATELY held comp with Cerberius(too lazy to search the spelling) and YET they are wanting some bailout money! HUH?
Spin off units from automakers. Create a Parts only group. Trucks, Heavy equipment etc.
Let them be their own entity and trade on the open market.

Cut NASA's budet in half for 2-3 years and redirect those funds to the Infrastructure(which this homey said BEFORE the Prez Elect did, I would say do a search on the Huddle but..uhh..well.)
Find the small modest cars in each of the 3's fleet and sell them to India, China and Russia at a superb discount. Flush out the inventory and generate some cash flow.
Have another spin off company that focuses on anti terrorist vechicles etc. Ie armorored cars, searching for IED's, bulletproofing yada yada.

Another spin off would be a health and insurance group that is dedicated to the auto industry. Keep costs in house but allow them to go outside the plan but this again goes to cost control and yet another comp that can be traded in the market.
They can raise capital even in the market to offset bleeding in other areas or at least until they get revamped properly.

#33 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,035 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 11:26 AM

Ahh. I missed posting here.

Gotta blow up the Unions. And please, if you bring the old, well if it weren't for Unions argument I will throw a Chinese star into the side of your neck.
Antiquated Unions has choked the life out of the Big Three as well as some other industries.
Loyalty ends up trumping common sense and guess who gets burned? You and I.

Break up GM and Chrysler or merge them. BTW-Chrysler is a PRIVATELY held comp with Cerberius(too lazy to search the spelling) and YET they are wanting some bailout money! HUH?
Spin off units from automakers. Create a Parts only group. Trucks, Heavy equipment etc.
Let them be their own entity and trade on the open market.

Eliminate department of homeland insecurity, force the FBI and CIA to do there job and and redirect the savings to the Infrastructure(which this homey said BEFORE the Prez Elect did, I would say do a search on the Huddle but..uhh..well.)
Find the small modest cars in each of the 3's fleet and sell them to India, China and Russia at a superb discount. Flush out the inventory and generate some cash flow.
Have another spin off company that focuses on anti terrorist vechicles etc. Ie armorored cars, searching for IED's, bulletproofing yada yada.

Another spin off would be a health and insurance group that is dedicated to the auto industry. Keep costs in house but allow them to go outside the plan but this again goes to cost control and yet another comp that can be traded in the market.
They can raise capital even in the market to offset bleeding in other areas or at least until they get revamped properly.

Fixed it for you.

#34 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 09:41 PM

Fixed it for you.

yes, that.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com