Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

8/3 Training Camp, Twitter Thread

80 posts in this topic

Posted

Would not really like that formation. A lot of rushing weapons in the backfield but would only have one WR and no TE in the game. Allows the defense to stack the box against the run.

How do you see that. Having 5 lineman and Cam,D will, Stewart, and Tolbert. Plus Smith at WR. Still leaves one spot open for a TE or WR on the other side. I think having all 4 guys on the field at the same time would be great. Still have Smith in as well along with another TE or WR. We be nice to see other teams try to figure out how to stop all of the guys at once. Chose your posion.
4 people like this

Posted

Would not really like that formation. A lot of rushing weapons in the backfield but would only have one WR and no TE in the game. Allows the defense to stack the box against the run.

5 O-linemen,3 backs and Cam = 9. Leaves room for a WR and a TE or 2 WRs. If the D stacks the box they still don't know who'll get the ball or if its the option. It could be a screen and also leaves the WR one on one.

1 person likes this

Posted

you would still have a te in the game since the extra back is replacing a wr. not sure i would want to see this alot but this formation might give alot of teams fits. it gives you the option to run some power formations with the ability to still hurt teams in the passing game

Posted

Joe Person@josephperson

Nakamura working with first-team defense alongside Godfrey for third day in a row.

Looks like Nakamura has locked in that FS spot. Poor poor Martin.

Don't be surprised if we trade Sherrod Martin. We have good depth at safety, w/7 on our current roster and Sherrod is a FA after this year. We could get good value for him, certainly more than a 7th rounder.

Posted

Part of me says to let it go, but this part of me has to say it. 3 RBs would still leave room for Smitty and Olsen.

That formation leaves open the posibility of lots of motion and misdirection. I can see where you could see teams stacking the box. But you did forget about Smitty and Olsen. Those two demand attention, which would open things up for others.

I would think the reasoning behind the formation is hoping you will stack the box. It almost guarantees single coverage across the board. Chud is just waiting on you to over react to the run.

Posted

Daniel Jeremiah@MoveTheSticks

No pads for Panthers practice but they are getting a lot of good work done this afternoon. Newton is special!

Posted

Triple option

Posted

@sdanner52

Charlie Casserly said on NFL network,Panther training camp,"get ready for the triple option,and I'm not kidding".

Posted

lol

Yet another great post from Coach Hatter.

Posted

Joe Person@josephperson

Nice fingertip catch by Greg Olsen on a throwback pass by Clausen. next play: Nate Ness picks off the Jimmy.

1 person likes this

Posted

Joe Person@josephperson

Greg Hardy bats down Cam pass. not sure it would have been completed either way.

Posted

This wouldn't be a running formation. The only true RB in that formation would be Williams...I view Tolbert as a FB/TE anyway.