17 replies to this topic

#1 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,623 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:43 PM

Just drafted. Mike Tolbert is a FA and my weakest RB is Donald Brown, should I drop Brown to pkick up Tolbert? Im thinking yes.

QB - Cam Newton, Big Ben
WR - Steve Smith, Calvin Johnson, Dwayne Bowe, Antonio Brown, Brandon LaFell
RB - Frank Gore, Jonathon Stewart, D. Brown, DeMarco Murray, Rashard Mendenhall
TE - Jacob Tamme ( I think he will have a big year, Peyton loves his TE's and they already have chemistry)
DST - 49ers
K - Matt Bryant

Think its a good team overall, what yall think?

Sorry posted here, but had a Panthers related q regarding Tolbert. Should get a lot of goal line touches and nice recieving stats. Prob better option than Brown, and more fantasy trade value if he does good the first couple weeks. But Indy will run a lot and Brown will be an every down back so I dont really know.

This league was 40 bucks to join so taking serious

#2 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,729 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:44 PM

Yeah good team. Wrong forum though.

#3 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,615 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:46 PM

Post this in Zod's Fantasygayland or whatever it's called.

#4 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • 2,623 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:50 PM

Move thread please, posted here cause of the question regarding Tolbert.

Ill hijack my own thread and ask a question to keep the thread here. How much of an impact will Tolbert really have here? As far as lead blocking goes and him being primarily being a FB will he be one like Lorenzo Neal was in lead blocking creating monster holes

#5 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 18,300 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:52 PM

Lorenzo Neal is the best blocking FB in NFL history man

#6 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • 2,623 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:58 PM

Indeed. Real q was since Tolbert has really never lead blocked before will he at least be able to do it avg? Above avg? What are we expecting of him in his lead blocking role. All Ive heard about him is that hes very versatile and a good athlete he will need to be able to block well.

#7 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 18,300 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:01 PM

I think the FB position is switching back to the old days where they were used for more than blocking. I think that overall blocking by FBs will be just adequate enough in this modern age. Not like they used to be in the 90's and 00's. So Tolbert's blocking isn't that big of a deal. If he can just get in the way of a blitzer, that's good enough.

#8 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,615 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:03 PM

From what I've heard and read, he's an above average blocker. However, don't look for him to be a "blocking" fullback. Tolbert will get the rock, especially in goal line situations.

#9 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:19 PM

Did I miss something? Why is anybody talkin about blocking when referencing fantasy football?

Yes Tolbert is a great pick up. He'll run as a HB, FB, and as Ruvera has said, will be split out as a WR...

Your problem is that you have J-Stew and Tolbert.... I won't pick any RB on this team this year for the simple fact that they will be splitting carries week to week and of course the Cam factor.

TE is suspect too. I get the chemistry part, but it's obvious you waited to select your TE. This will cost you.

#10 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • 5,294 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:28 PM

Did I miss something? Why is anybody talkin about blocking when referencing fantasy football?

Yes Tolbert is a great pick up. He'll run as a HB, FB, and as Ruvera has said, will be split out as a WR...

Your problem is that you have J-Stew and Tolbert.... I won't pick any RB on this team this year for the simple fact that they will be splitting carries week to week and of course the Cam factor.

TE is suspect too. I get the chemistry part, but it's obvious you waited to select your TE. This will cost you.

it's not all about carries.

cam is very comfortable tossing the ball to stewart, and tolbert is a proven recieving threat.

#11 zebrainz

zebrainz

Puddytats

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:41 PM

Tolbert, Bush (Chi backup) and Jacobs (SF backup) are all better options than Mendenhall IMO. All will see goal line touches and an increased role if there are any injuries. To clarify, not wishing injury on our guys, just have a weather eye on Gore and Forte's durability for fantasy purposes. Mendenhall isn't projected to even be ready to start game 1, Pitt offense has new pass happy O-coord...

Also, Olsen was rated past 200 in the nfl.com fantasy rankings to start. He's up to 197 or so now, still a bargain (no homo or homer).

#12 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,214 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:45 PM

Nice fantasy team.

#13 cultclassiccat

cultclassiccat

flash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts
  • LocationG spot

Posted 04 August 2012 - 01:43 AM

I dont want to give up to much bc we still have our league to draft but i will help out a lil...

Drop D. Brown and Mendenhall and pick up Tolbert and Fleener, you will find rb hidden all over..1 hint broncos not Mcgehee

D. Murray is healthy and will have a stout yr, so nice pick there with stew/gore and tolbert

Overall...A grade

You win your league

#14 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • 2,623 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 03:28 AM

I dont want to give up to much bc we still have our league to draft but i will help out a lil...

Drop D. Brown and Mendenhall and pick up Tolbert and Fleener, you will find rb hidden all over..1 hint broncos not Mcgehee

D. Murray is healthy and will have a stout yr, so nice pick there with stew/gore and tolbert

Overall...A grade

You win your league

Would like to participate in a huddle league, do yall do nfl.com?

#15 cultclassiccat

cultclassiccat

flash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts
  • LocationG spot

Posted 04 August 2012 - 03:40 AM

Yes, check Zods Fantasy Land to see if Huddlers have another one needing players. Ours filled up in a day or two. If not start a thread and most likely there are more wanting to play.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com