Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Some Training Camp Notes 8/3

24 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Wow, what an impressive write up, loved it...

Posted · Report post

Great effort out there, now hit the showers!

Posted · Report post

Good write up bro. Offense sounds like it be super dangerous this year with Tolbert in the mix now. Replacement refs!! Smh!! 11 men on the field and called for 12 on the field. WTF!!. Screw these replacement refs. NFL needs to strike a deal with the real refs soon or alot of players will end up getting hurt because of this during the regular season. This makes no sense what so ever.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

very nice
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I know it sounds like over the top hyperbole, but if Cam Newton takes care of the football we will be virtually unstoppable on offense. My fear is that it is going to be a lot like Brett Favre these first few years where we are going to have to live with some turnovers but also be full of explosive scoring plays. That isn't the worst thing in the world and in 2 or 3 seasons he will be absolutely ridiculous at QB and in my opinion one of the 5 best in the NFL.

I am just afraid that people are expecting too big a leap from year 1 to year 2 when in reality it may be more of the same as last year (which, by the way, was a Pro-Bowl season so.... I'll take it.)

Posted · Report post

[quote name='teeray' timestamp='1344049688' post='1846024']
I know it sounds like over the top hyperbole, but if Cam Newton takes care of the football we will be virtually unstoppable on offense. My fear is that it is going to be a lot like Brett Favre these first few years where we are going to have to live with some turnovers but also be full of explosive scoring plays. That isn't the worst thing in the world and in 2 or 3 seasons he will be absolutely ridiculous at QB and in my opinion one of the 5 best in the NFL.

I am just afraid that people are expecting too big a leap from year 1 to year 2 when in reality it may be more of the same as last year (which, by the way, was a Pro-Bowl season so.... I'll take it.)
[/quote]

The one thing I can say about that is they had him work on checking down in 7 on 7. The one thing I fear may be uncorrectable is his overthrown passes.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Thanks Kendrick.

Excellent report!

Posted · Report post

You just don't know how good it is to finally here a good write up like that.For fans that can't be there I for one thank you sir. Btw twitter feed not good

Posted · Report post

[quote name='KendrickPanther' timestamp='1344049875' post='1846027']

The one thing I can say about that is they had him work on checking down in 7 on 7. The one thing I fear may be uncorrectable is his overthrown passes.
[/quote]
I'm only going on what i saw the first two days of practice and last season, but in my opinion a lot of the overthrown passes are a result of him still not understanding when he need to put some touch on the ball in certain situations. He tries to throw darts 35 yards down field and put too much mustard on it and over shoots the receivers.

He may never be perfect on those throws but he will learn eventually when to take those chances and when not to, and he will also learn when to zip it and when to take a little off and be more accurate.

In the long term it doesn't worry me very much, but in the short term it could lead to another middle to high teen INT season.

But no matter what happens this season he is going to be even more amazing 3 seasons from now.

Posted · Report post

You do raise a very interesting point about Silatolu, he will have to get used to the noise factor very quick.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

You put Joe Person to shame with that excellent camp review.