64 replies to this topic

#46 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,222 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 02:17 PM

The only people that really went to far was the Dan Morgan white linebacker comparisons. Even worse.....the Dan Connor white linebacker comparisons.

#47 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 02:20 PM

The only people that really went to far was the Dan Morgan white linebacker comparisons. Even worse.....the Dan Connor white linebacker comparisons.

Yeah the Dan Connor comparisons were rahtarded...also remember some people saying he would be a bust like Curry.

#48 Jrock88

Jrock88

huddle vet

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 02:23 PM

kuechly and beason will rejuvenate the D. anderson will be better too at OLB. he looks ready to go

#49 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,397 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 05 August 2012 - 02:26 PM

I don't think Morgan comparison is too bad given their overall athleticism, tenacity and instincts. Dan was faster, but Luke covers better.

Unless the comparisons were injury related, then I agree it's just st00pid.

#50 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,938 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 02:27 PM

Beasting from early reports.

after i posted that i went and looked and saw the same thing...at least early reports like from mini camp or whatever. there was a lot of talk about him starting. the more recent things, tho, have been quite different. i've seen talk that they now only feel like they can use him situationally mainly because he's just not getting it. he's developing slowly and word is that they have had to work to simplify things for him.

if i think about it or feel like making the effort, i'll post some links and quotes and stuff. or someone else can.

#51 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

• HUDDLER
  • 17,397 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 05 August 2012 - 02:29 PM

I hadn't heard anything recently. I still think he'll be good, especially in that defense.

#52 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,938 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 02:35 PM

ok...

If you recall, Quinton felt that he learned the entire playbook during minicamp and OTAs.
But, rookies hit a wall when they are learning the pro game. Coach Pettine and his staff began to see this when they put the pads on this past Sunday. Other players had started to notice that Coples was looking a little “robotic”. By all accounts, he is getting a little bogged down, which is understandable.
So what is the solution? A coach, like any teacher, has to put the player in the best position to be successful. How they do that for Quinton is back his workload off a little, and then work him back up. Here is what coach Pettine had to say about it this week:

“We’ll work it from back to front,” Pettine said of Coples’ role. “He’ll be a third-down guy, similar to Maybin. Get him out there in passing situations and then work him into the base defense. Let him be a back-up for the guys in base, but keep his plate small.”

http://thejetpress.com/2012/08/03/jets-to-work-quinton-coples-in-to-the-defense-slowly/

i've seen more stuff like this and some saying that he was really struggling against back up OL.

they expect him to get better and be more involved, but to start they are really going to be scaling him back.

#53 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 05 August 2012 - 02:42 PM

I remember back in January I posted this thread in the draft forum suggesting drafting Luke:

http://www.carolinah...d-my-bandwagon/

And the VAST majority of the folks who replied all said 'Dan Connor 2.0', 'can't cover', 'too slow', etc. It's very interesting to go back and look at that thread and see all the folks who were so dead set against Luke then that are on his jock now.

#54 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

• HUDDLER
  • 17,397 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 05 August 2012 - 03:08 PM

I remember back in January I posted this thread in the draft forum suggesting drafting Luke:

And the VAST majority of the folks who replied all said 'Dan Connor 2.0', 'can't cover', 'too slow', etc. It's very interesting to go back and look at that thread and see all the folks who were so dead set against Luke then that are on his jock now.

Oops.

#55 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 05 August 2012 - 03:31 PM

First Cam, now Luke. I AM A PROPHET! :lol:

#56 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 10,753 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 05 August 2012 - 03:35 PM

Good player but Nigel Bradham will be a better pro.

lol

#57 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• HUDDLER
  • 5,048 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 05 August 2012 - 03:44 PM

First Cam, now Luke. I AM A PROPHET! :lol:

Hey, I'm the designated prophet on this board!

#58 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

• HUDDLER
  • 17,397 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:10 PM

Meanwhile, I'm still searching for a profit.

#59 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,938 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:16 PM

i repented later and got on board in the weeks leading up to the draft. it still wasn't exactly what i wanted but i said often that it would have been a smart call and it was.

here's a somoa cookie for your efforts...
Posted Imagegood call.

#60 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

• HUDDLER
  • 17,397 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:22 PM

By the time the draft rolled around I didn't really care. There were a couple I didn't want, but no one guy really stood out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.