Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ruff

Less Than a Week Away, Who's Your Starters?

43 posts in this topic

What's the deal with Ron Edwards? Is it minor or is it serious like an ACL? If he's healthy he's starting over Fua.......someone had Fua and McClain....no shot. Edwards and Kearse

very minor apparently. he was in pads and practicing during fan fest.

People are going to be so disappointed when Mare is the starting kicker.

The hate has become ridiculous. Yesterday Mare missed a FG and the crowd booed him. But literally less than 5 mins before that Medlock missed the same kick. No boos were given. People are stupid.

This will happen when u miss 30 yard FGs to send games into OT...

Duh

disappointment breeds lack of trust. just saying.

1 person likes this

This will happen when u miss 30 yard FGs to send games into OT...

Duh

Over his whole career Mare has been great. He missed some FGs last year but to give up on him now for a CFL kicker would be stupid.

What about all those blocked kicks last season? Don't you think that may have messed with him a little bit? Make him feel like he needs to speed up his routine? How about we get some guys who can block and not allow so many blocked FGs?

Must be a slow day, I didn't even know Mare apologists existed.

3 people like this

I just think it's funny that a guy comes into camp and makes some FGs and everyone crowns him king. Meanwhile, Mare has had just as good of a camp as Medlock but you hear nothing about it. Mare made some long kicks yesterday with ease. He looked good.

Over his whole career Mare has been great.

Yeah no it was just last year he was bad.

2010 25/30

2007 10/17

2006 26/36

Yeah. Great kicker.

1 person likes this

I just think it's funny that a guy comes into camp and makes some FGs and everyone crowns him king. Meanwhile, Mare has had just as good of a camp as Medlock but you hear nothing about it. Mare made some long kicks yesterday with ease. He looked good.

Medlock looked better, stronger leg and just as accurate as Mare if not more at this point.

Yeah no it was just last year he was bad.

2010 25/30

2007 10/17

2006 26/36

Yeah. Great kicker.

lol the guy has been in the league since '97, let's just point out 3 seasons....

And even with that, you put 2010 on your list. 25/30 is bad?

Over his whole career he is 81.2%.

John Kasay is 81.9%.

I guess Kasay sucks too.

Kasay also has over 100 more kicks than Mare. Mare isn't great. He's been average.

Last year Mare didn't do anything for us when it was clutch. He's not a well like guy and has done us few favors. Yes, he has a lot to prove.

1 person likes this

I agree he wasn't great for us last year. But I'm not ready to throw him under the bus for Medlock (who also has a lot prove/hasn't proven anything).

Mare, while having good career percentages, has always had a problem hitting clutch kicks. Medlock hit a 62 yarder in practice no way in hell Mare makes one, even in practice.