Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dick the Butcher

DirecTV Sunday Ticket

16 posts in this topic

I have direct tv for last 10 yrs plus and really can't imagime nfl season without it...since I live in FL and don't get Panthers games on local tv.Only thing that sucks that the Bucs don't sell out home games and since I live close to Tampa the game gets blocked out with or with our nfl ticket! Sucks...always find a way to go to the game here but it would be nice to dvr the game to watch it again on tv.

I haven't been able to find info on PS3 sunday ticket this year. The problem is you need a balling internet connection to watch it in high def. Sunday Ticket does not include prime time games. But imo Sunday Ticket > Bar. I like to watch my games alone so I can concentrate on the action and commentary.

i did a little research, and the promotion for free sunday ticket for new customers requires a two [2] year commitment. that's too much hassle for me. like i said, i have comcast, and don't plan on staying in the area i'm in for another 2 years.

as for the bar, there is the whole dui thing, but also spending $30-$50 every sunday. plus, everyone here is Saints*, so i wouldn't get any sound, and i would be forced to watch on one of the small tvs in the back.

looks like the best route is going to be ps3.

I haven't been able to find info on PS3 sunday ticket this year. The problem is you need a balling internet connection to watch it in high def. Sunday Ticket does not include prime time games. But imo Sunday Ticket > Bar. I like to watch my games alone so I can concentrate on the action and commentary.

that was my main concern with the ps3. i watched some streamed games online last year, and the quality was sooooo bad that i just went to the bar at halftime.

I had DTV for a long time, and only had one bad experience. I hooked it up myself, and we NEVER lost a signal. I don't know who did anyone elses, but mine worked fine from day 1. I also worked at Cable, so I know of what I speak. At least on this here subject.

DTV kills.

On 2nd thought I just cancelled my order. Fug that 2 year contract. I'd love to have sunday ticket and NFL network but I just can't justify paying more money and being tied in to a 2 year contract when I live in Charlotte and get all the panthers games anyway.