Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Saints******' Suspensions may be overturned (reduced)...UPDATE* League refutes reports.

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:19 PM

@mortreport: NFL in settlement talks with suspended Saints****** players. Story up shortly on http://t.co/JGa47PVh and on @SportsCenter with @EdWerderESPN

@mortreport: Sources say league has proposed to reduce Jonathan Vilma's one-year suspension to 8 games but no agreement yet. Talks ongoing.

Holy poo... This will undoubtedly get more and more interesting over the next 24hrs. I'm going to bed though.

I know this doesn't go in this forum, but it will have a direct impact on our division. Please continue updating this thread.

@mortreport: Here's the story on NFL/Saints***** settlement talks; #Saints***** player reactions soon to come http://t.co/FJ3S20eN

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news... Wish I hadn't check my twitter line b4 bed. Now I gotta stay up until they report it on SC

EDIT: 11:38am est

@JasonLaCanfora: League puts out statement denying any settlement offer was made for Vilma, calling it "completely inaccurate." Does not refute talks ongoing

#2 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,620 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:20 PM

or move it to the right forum.

#3 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,791 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:24 PM

Aw what the fug Goddell?

#4 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 19,775 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:24 PM

i actually agree with TCF's placement. i think all NFCS news, unless it's completely trivial, should be allowed in the main forum, or at least leading up to the regular season

#5 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,449 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:26 PM

who cares. they will still finish behind the Panthers in the South.

#6 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,449 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:26 PM

and scuse my french but Vilma is a little bitch. Can't stand that guy

#7 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:27 PM

I personally don't give a fug, being that we play them week 3 or somin I believe... But it appears as though Goodell is trying to avoid the defamation of character suit that I mentioned before. It definitely doesn't look good for Goodell to offer him a "plea"

The plot thickens

#8 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,654 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:30 PM

No issue with the players getting a reduced suspension.

The Saints* FO was warned multiple times to stop.....not Vilma. Vilma never should of gotten the same punsihment as Payton.

#9 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,285 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:32 PM

Let all of them come back including Sean Payton. I don't give a fug, we are kicking their ass twice this year no matter the circumstances. Vagasil face can kiss my ass, we don't back down from anyone, anymore.

#10 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,620 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:33 PM

just tired of hearing about it.

the supposed overturn would basically only be a reduction in the amount of games that vilma is out. who cares? it's not like payton is coming back or anything, right?

non-story, imo unless something of that magnitude happens, which is doesn't sound like is the case.

#11 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:38 PM

This doesn't look good. It seems that Vilma has the upper hand. I'd be surprised if he takes the deal tbh. Goodell is about to go into damage control mode...

Rayzor, if you thought you were tired of hearing about it b4 you had better get ready for the next week+ of news cycles.

Get ready for lots of Saibts news and of course The Golden Calf of Bristol.

#12 Nine_Lives

Nine_Lives

The Notorious GrG

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts
  • LocationNever neverland

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:38 PM

Vilma is a shell at this point. Saints* are better off with Lofton in the middle. Smith on the other hand is very much needed.

#13 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,620 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:40 PM

Vilma is a shell at this point. Saints** are barely better off with Lofton in the middle. Smith on the other hand is very much needed.

lofton ain't much.

#14 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,620 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:44 PM

This doesn't look good. It seems that Vilma has the upper hand. I'd be surprised if he takes the deal tbh. Goodell is about to go into damage control mode...

Rayzor, if you thought you were tired of hearing about it b4 you had better get ready for the next week+ of news cycles.

Get ready for lots of Saibts news and of course The Golden Calf of Bristol.

i don't watch espn. i don't even really watch nfln anymore. if it's not posted in here more than likely i won't know. i'd like to keep it that way.

lots of good stuff to focus on in panthers land. no need to dwell on the Saints* crap. we all know they did it. closed case. Saints* reign in the nfcs is coming to an end and not because of bounty crap. it's because the panthers are going to be knocking them off the hill back into the toilet they overflowed from.

#15 Nine_Lives

Nine_Lives

The Notorious GrG

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts
  • LocationNever neverland

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:46 PM

I think he's a pretty decent linebacker. Not a pro bowler but solid.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com