Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Southport/wilmington/Holden places to eat

50 posts in this topic

Posted

Indochine is another good place.

Posted

If you get up to Wilmington, Flaming Amy's is worth the experience, nothing fancy, but good burritoes, etc.

The Bowl >>> The Barn

Posted

The Bowl >>> The Barn

See I disagree... I've been to the bowl a few times and didn't find it that great.

We go to Amy's at least once a week on Tuesday to get the $1 tacos, and I love their other stuff too.

Posted

If you're of mind to head down to Ocean Isle just south of Holden, there is an incredible Jamaican place called Sugar Shack. Smoked meats galore. I often dream of their jerk chicken wings, jerk pork, and cod fritters.

Posted

Fishy Fishy is a good spot right on the water in southport.

better food than provisions and you have real plates and utensils too - I dont understand the provisions love - must be a tourist thing.

not a fan of Amys either - place is filthy dirty and the food is mediocre at best

edited to add

if theres ever a hepatitis outbreak in the south east, it will start at flaming amys.

Posted

See I disagree... I've been to the bowl a few times and didn't find it that great.

We go to Amy's at least once a week on Tuesday to get the $1 tacos, and I love their other stuff too.

All meats, tons of pineapples, white noodles, teriyaki. Meal of champions.

Posted

better food than provisions and you have real plates and utensils too - I dont understand the provisions love - must be a tourist thing.

not a fan of Amys either - place is filthy dirty and the food is mediocre at best

edited to add

if theres ever a hepatitis outbreak in the south east, it will start at flaming amys.

haha. i never got the love for amy's either. i'm not as down on it as you are, but it isn't as great as many make it out to be. i do like some of their salsa though that you won't really find elsewhere. i think it was wasabi pineapple that i liked so much. definitely had wasabi in it.

Posted

As for places to eat with the fam though, I can't really help you if you're down in the southern part of town. I'm up in Ogden and have been my whole life. Anything beyond the general UNCW area is uncharted territory.

Posted

I can honestly say that all the times I've been to Amy's I've never noticed it being dirty...

If you really want the "experience" of Wilmington, go downtown... Reel Cafe, Elijahs, Circa, Pilot House, etc. otherwise, there's lots of good little places depending on the food you want.

One of the best seafood places is Fish Bites down past Monkey Junction... it's just a small little place, but it's great.

Posted

Britts Donuts

B'dobo Mongolian Grill

Hardees

Posted

Yes, Provision is good.

If you come up to Wilmington, what kind of food you looking for?

We want seafood and grandma is paying. If grandma ain't happy nobody's happy.

Posted

We want seafood and grandma is paying. If grandma ain't happy nobody's happy.

Well in Wilmington I'd say either go downtown or hit that Fish Bites place south of Monkey Junction.

At Wrightsville, Dockside is good too for the views, and if Grandma's paying... go hit Oceanic and sit up where you can see the ocean or on the pier.