Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Southport/wilmington/Holden places to eat

50 posts in this topic

Posted

Bridge Tender is better than oceanic. I had tuna steak last time I was there and it was encrusted with either wasabi or horse radish. Bangin' seafood chowder too along with many entrees that make it hard to decide what you'll have.

Posted

Went to Provisions. Food was fantastic. The only thing better than the food was the "honor system" on the beers.

Going out again wednesday for dinner.

Posted

Another badass spot is the kitchen in Wilmington, this place is freaking amazing ..make sure you stop there all their ingredients are locally grown and their meats come from a local farm as well.

Posted

Dixie grill or gtfo

Posted

Is Roy's Riverboat Landing still open? Place used to be good, Ate at Osteria Cicchetti last time I was in ILM and it was good.

Posted

+1 on Dixie Grill and the Kitchen.

Posted

Is Roy's Riverboat Landing still open? Place used to be good, Ate at Osteria Cicchetti last time I was in ILM and it was good.

I think there is a restaurant there, but it's not Roy's anymore...

Posted

Does anyone know when Britts will be shutting down for the season?

After this thread my wife and I are considering a weekend trip down and would hate to roll up on a closed Britts.

Posted

Pretty sure they stay open until at least Labor day and then are open some on the weekend after that... but I'm not positive on that.

Edit:

Starting Memorial Day they are open 7 days a week from 8:30 a.m. until 10:00 p.m. and remain on those hours until Labor Day when they will go back to weekends for a few weeks before closing up for another winter.

http://www.islandgazette.net/news-server5/index.php/local-business-news/business-news/spotlight-on-business/16163-spotlight-on-coastal-cuisine-britt-s-donut-shop

Posted

I'm certain its labor day. I thought the weekend hours were only prior to memorial day though.

Posted

Provisions is run by an asshole. San Felipe's is the best mexican food ive ever had, and I used to live so close to the mexican border I could see it from my back yard. Atlantic Seafood is banging. San Jose doesnt have quite as good food as San Felipes (Though it's still very good) but their overall atmosphere is great especially on Friday nights when OD does the karaoke down there. Lots of drunk girls. I hit the spot up occasionally and make all the drunk people ashamed to pick up the microphone. Other than that there's not that many places I'd recommend to be honest. I get tired of the waterfront seafood places, everyone goes there.

Posted

B'dobo Mongolian Grill
That place is the bomb, my boss took me there one time when I was riding around with him.
1 person likes this