GOP insider: Religion destroyed my party

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#31 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:24 AM

Democratic voters have their issues as well, but "worshiping government" is not one of them. At least with government we have a shot at electing people that will screw us over. Companies - not so much.

I see this last statement a bit differently, though I would submit that (D) and ® simply answer to a different bossman.

With government, you rarely see a program go away, a tax go away, or put in their terms a "revenue stream" disappear.
Once enacted, they are all loathe to take away someone's bacon.
Also, government tends to grow, anr rarely if ever gets smaller, something ® voters like to TALK about but seem blind to the fact that their party often grows government bigger than the (D).

I see it like this...a company can really suck and fail. It then goes away. Well, maybe it gets bought up, refurbished, and the bigwigs golden parachute away.

The politicians can be voted out of office, but the policies don't really ever go away.

So pick your poison.

Honestly, bad governments scare me just a little bit more than big business....but it seems more and more like they are one in the same these days.

#32 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• LocationGitmo
HUDDLER

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:37 PM

Posted Image

#33 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

HUDDLER

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:35 PM

Really? You are fooling yourself.

I challenge you to walk into any one of the four billion churches in the state of north carolina and ask the occupants which candidate they will be casting their ballots for.

I'd guess the results would be about 98% for Romney.

They see it as their DUTY, they don't even consider policy.

How much you willing to bet? That would be easy money for me, if you are including all churches in the state.

I would be willing to bet that the voting percentages for Romney in white evangelical churches would be lower than those voting for Obama (or any other Democrat) in black churches.

Evangelicals make up a significant portion of the republican vote, but they are not a majority. They have a lot of influence in the primary, less so in the general election because the candidates to an extent take their vote for granted, much as democrats do the black vote. But Mccain was not well liked by the evangelicals. Their favorite in the 2008 election was Huckabee, and he lost. And Romney was not the favorite of the evangelicals in 2012 (their votes were more spread out among the other candidates) but Romney still won the nomination. That is why their vote matters more in the primaries than in the general election. Romney had to win their favor, but since he is now the presumptative nominee, getting that vote is not quite as important (although it is still somewhat important).

#34 Tarheel31

Tarheel31

cynical pessimist

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:39 AM

You are talking about religious people voting in the primaries.

I know they didn't like Romney, seems no one did, yet somehow he is the guy.

Truth is though, given the choice between D Jesus fuging Christ Himself & R Adolf Hitler... the people that attend a christian church every Sunday will almost ALWAYS vote R

They will vote R or they will stay home.

Oh wait, I must be delusional... There is no connection between religion and the republican party.

#35 King

King

A Cell of Awareness

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:44 PM

You are talking about religious people voting in the primaries.

I know they didn't like Romney, seems no one did, yet somehow he is the guy.

Truth is though, given the choice between D Jesus fuging Christ Himself & R Adolf Hitler... the people that attend a christian church every Sunday will almost ALWAYS vote R

They will vote R or they will stay home.

Oh wait, I must be delusional... There is no connection between religion and the republican party.

I'd like to see some statistics on the church-goer vote, personally. Republicans definitely carry fundamentalists, but I'm willing to bet mainstream Christians are pretty evenly divided between the two parties.

Jesus definitely would've voted democrat, too.

#36 Tarheel31

Tarheel31

cynical pessimist

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:01 PM

I know my friend Haysoos does

#37 MCP

MCP

Peace, Love, Uke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:14 PM

He'd of had to, unless he became a citizen, and voted legally.

#38 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

HUDDLER

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:15 PM

I'd like to see some statistics on the church-goer vote, personally. Republicans definitely carry fundamentalists, but I'm willing to bet mainstream Christians are pretty evenly divided between the two parties.

Posted Image
Posted Image
http://pewresearch.o...e-2008-election

#39 mav1234

mav1234

HUDDLER

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:38 PM

so depending on how you define mainstream Christians, a decent chunk are carried by dems pretty regularly, I guess.

#40 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

HUDDLER

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:51 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
http://pewresearch.o...e-2008-election

black protestants voted for Obama because he's black and they're racist.

black protestants voted for Kerry also because they're racist but lemme get back to you on specifics.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users