Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

8/6 Training Camp, Twitter Thread

139 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Figure I would go ahead and start this with this gem.

[color=#333333][font=Arial, sans-serif][url="https://twitter.com/SteveReed_AP"][b]Steve Reed[/b] ‏[size=3][s]@[/s][b]SteveReed_AP[/b][/size][/url][/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=Arial, sans-serif]Ron Rivera says DT Ron Edwards, CB Josh Norman expected back today. Says WR David Gettis still 4-5 days away and won't play this week.[/font][/color]

[url="https://twitter.com/josephperson"][b]Joe Person[/b] ‏[size=3][s]@[/s][b]josephperson[/b][/size][/url]
[color=#333333][font=Arial, sans-serif]Rivera says Norman, Edwards and Bryant expected to practice today.[/font][/color]

Posted · Report post

sweet.

Posted · Report post

I thought Edwards was already back? Did he not play in fan fest practice?

Posted · Report post

Hogan better get his ass in gear or he might be out of a job.

Posted · Report post

Glad to hear Norman will be out there, and that Gettis' return is on a short and finite timeline. I wonder when Davis will be back from his sprained calf.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Gallagher' timestamp='1344269660' post='1848267']
Glad to hear Norman will be out there, and that Gettis' return is on a short and finite timeline. I wonder when Davis will be back from his sprained calf.
[/quote]
i don't think there will be any rush on TD getting back nor does there really need to be.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Heading out again tonight! Has anyone heard whether they'll be in full pads?

Posted · Report post

Im excited to hear about Norman and Ness being out there. The competition will bring out the best in both of them.

Posted · Report post

Hoping I read something of quality today. I feel as if there hasnt been anything lately.

Posted · Report post

I doubt Davis even plays the pre-season. Smith maybe in for only a few plays, but I have a feeling they want to risk little injury as possible to Steve and protect him till reg season.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Squirrel' timestamp='1344269411' post='1848264']
Hogan better get his ass in gear or he might be out of a job.
[/quote]

Shouldn't have been drafted to begin with. Hurney must like buying busted up things and trying to fix them up.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Man Hogan has Ton of upside if healthy! Ill cut a Bitch!!

Posted · Report post

I worry about Hogan's knee... but for a 4th round pick, I can't imagine anyone is that mad Hurney took a chance with the potential we saw last year...
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='bleys' timestamp='1344283367' post='1848531']
I worry about Hogan's knee... but for a 4th round pick, I can't imagine anyone is that mad Hurney took a chance with the potential we saw last year...
[/quote].
People are mad at Hurney because he drafts a guy with a fuging busted knee and says to the media "We're fine at that position because we drafted a fuging guy with knee of Thomas Davis." Doesn't even bother to bring in someone decent to compete for #2. That's the dumbshit Hurney does.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Welp this appears to be a slow day

Posted · Report post

[quote name='ReadyorNot' timestamp='1344283597' post='1848538']
People are mad at Hurney because he drafts a guy with a fuging busted knee and says to the media "We're fine at that position because we drafted a fuging guy with knee of Thomas Davis." Doesn't even bother to bring in someone decent to compete for #2. That's the dumbshit Hurney does.
[/quote]

for a 4th round pick, that's the dumb poo I expect Hurney to do from time to time.. Hogan has major upside and sounds like his knee will be back to normal pretty soon.

Posted · Report post

Most here praised the Hogan pick. Now Hurney is a moron for drafting him? Make up your mind.
3 people like this

Posted · Report post

Still think hogan can be a good player...just give it time

Posted · Report post

[quote name='BigBeast52' timestamp='1344285197' post='1848574']
Still think hogan can be a good player...just give it time
[/quote]

Like Otah? How many people have we "given time"

Let's see, there's Dan Morgan, Keary Colbert, Drew Carter, Dwayne Jarrett, Kris Jenkins, to name a few.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Feldman9000' timestamp='1344285818' post='1848583']

Let's see, there's Dan Morgan, Keary Colbert, Drew Carter, Dwayne Jarrett, Kris Jenkins, to name a few.
[/quote]

I wish you knew what you were talking about, it would help a lot. Sorry Hurney could not see into the future and know that Dan Morgan would get tons of concussions,(not to mention 20+ tackles in the Super Bowl), or that Kris Jenkins, an All Pro DT, would become unhappy. Drew Carter was like a 6th round pick, and Colbert and Jarrett were 2nd rounders. I'm just glad you're not our GM, you know nothing.
7 people like this

Posted · Report post

[/quote]

This is Hogans second year and really it should be viewed as his first year, since it was a known fact that he wouldn't participate until LATE last year when he was drafted. You might have a point if this was his third year, but right now it's asinine to make such comparisons.

Posted · Report post

[/quote]

You cited some terrible examples there.

Morgan was a beast before the injuries, so he didnt require time he just ran out of time,Jenkins was also a beast pre-injuries and even Colbert did good as a rookie. Carter was a 6th rounder and not held back by injuries and Jarrett was not held back by injuries either.

Hell even Otah did great before his injuries and when it was obvious he couldnt recover we let him go just as we did Morgan,we traded Jenkins cuz he hated Fox, so none of these guys have anything in common what so ever with Hogan.

Posted · Report post

Ya not a fan of drafting injured players...don't really care if they have upside. They are hurt to begin with... Entering the NFL...good luck

Posted · Report post

We drafted an oft-injured player and now we're shocked, confused, and angry that he can't see the field.

Well color me pink and call me stupid.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

I didn't know Hurney drafted Hogan all on his own. I thought that he has a coaching staff who helped make the decision, a college scouting staff and a medical staff who evaluates all the players we decided to bring in. Always interesting to see that when a guy doesn't develop as soon as expected how it is all Hurney's fault. His job is to sign the guys we bring in not evaluate their talent or their health.

Really ignorant logic there.
1 person likes this