#31 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,078 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:34 PM

Last time I checked, I'm not most. I called it DUMB the second it was made.

You complain about everything, what's the difference.

#32 TheOracle

TheOracle

Know-It-All

• HUDDLER
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:35 PM

jstew was drafted as an injured player and has sat out training camp 2 years etc because of his toe. Just saying.

Had he just had MAJOR KNEE SURGERY?

Don't try and act like all "injuries" are the same. If all Hogan had was a toe issue, I wouldn't have asked how dumb Hurney is for not just drafting a CB who hadn't had knee surgery the second the pick was made.

#33 TheOracle

TheOracle

Know-It-All

• HUDDLER
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:36 PM

You complain about everything, what's the difference.

I don't complain. I critique. There's a difference.

Get your facts straight.

The Hogan pick is and was always a dumb one.

#34 Corporal Casto

Corporal Casto

Noob Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • LocationQueen City

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:36 PM

jstew was drafted as an injured player and has sat out training camp 2 years etc because of his toe. Just saying.

Logic. Get the fug out of here.

#35 rico6

rico6

Shit.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,675 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:38 PM

People comparing a toe injury to a freaking ACL tear?

Huddle logic.

#36 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,823 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:39 PM

toe injury...to a runningback....not a small deal.

#37 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,536 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:39 PM

We drafted an oft-injured player and now we're shocked, confused, and angry that he can't see the field.

Well color me pink and call me stupid.

One injury is oft-injured. Good to know. I guess Beason is now considered oft injured.

#38 DeeJay

DeeJay

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • LocationHell Paso Texas

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:47 PM

Seems anything bad this team does you cry about it.

it's preseason let the guy heal up for the season opener don't rush it.

#39 rico6

rico6

Shit.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,675 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:50 PM

One injury is oft-injured. Good to know. I guess Beason is now considered oft injured.

One injury?

Torn ACL, and now whatever injury has sidelined him for the time being is what I would consider oft-injured. Or did you jump the gun like most white knights around here do?

#40 TheOracle

TheOracle

Know-It-All

• HUDDLER
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:52 PM

toe injury...to a runningback....not a small deal.

Still not comparable to a KNEE INJURY to any player. We're talking about a CB, a position that has to sprint, pivot, stop on a dime, and make all sorts of contortions.

Besides, Stewart's toe injury never had the potential to be debilitating like Hogan's ACL tear did.

Apparently some people don't understand "degree" or "severity".

#41 TheOracle

TheOracle

Know-It-All

• HUDDLER
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:54 PM

One injury?

Torn ACL, and now whatever injury has sidelined him for the time being is what I would consider oft-injured. Or did you jump the gun like most white knights around here do?

Some injuries should automatically qualify as "oft-injuried". After dealing with Thomas Davis' two tears at the point in time when Hogan was drafted, for Hurney to turn around and draft Hogan was the epitome of stupid...WHICH I SAID at the time.

#42 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,536 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

One injury?

You said we drafted an oft-injured player, which implies that he was oft-injured, and known as being such, at the time he was drafted. I was just pointing out that this was false. Don't get all butthurt because someone calls you on being ridiculously hyperbolic. His current injury was very minor and was a hamstring issue. The same injury that seemingly half our camp has had. By all means, however, don't let me hinder your cliff jumping.

#43 Raleighcat83

Raleighcat83

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Rational fans don't criticize a GM for drafting a player with some injury risk in the 4th round. Do y'all follow any other teams? Nobody gets great players with every single draft pick ever. BTW, Hogan isn't a failed pick yet just because he's not practicing tonight.

#44 Raleighcat83

Raleighcat83

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:56 PM

Some injuries should automatically qualify as "oft-injuried". After dealing with Thomas Davis' two tears at the point in time when Hogan was drafted, for Hurney to turn around and draft Hogan was the epitome of stupid...WHICH I SAID at the time.

Why does a linebacker's injury history have any impact on how you evaluate the risk involved with drafting a corner?

#45 TheOracle

TheOracle

Know-It-All

• HUDDLER
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:09 PM

Why does a linebacker's injury history have any impact on how you evaluate the risk involved with drafting a corner?

First and foremost, you shouldn't have drafted a player who just had an ACL surgery AS IF HE WAS THE ONLY PLAYER LEFT IN THE DRAFT AT THAT POSITION. That's the problem. There were other CBs who hadn't just had ACL surgery, therefore, Hurney must like getting broken stuff and trying to fix it. Apparently, he's more of a "gambler" than he lets on.

Secondly, like I just said, after having to watch Thomas Davis struggle to stay on the field over and over again with ACL injuries, why would you want to take another chance on ANY PLAYER not already on your team with an ACL injury? I'll tell you why. Because to this day, Hurney still "believes" Davis will make it through a season. He believed it last year, and he believes it this year. Therefore, Davis' setbacks didn't factor into his Hogan decision, like it would've for most other GMs.

It's alright for you "fans" on a messageboard to "believe" it, but Hurney needs to be a businessman when it comes to more than just trying not to say "too much" to reporters.

Hogan was a dumb business move, just like not having a backup plan for Davis and Beason last year. He "hoped" things would be fine, and we sucked on defense because of it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Panthers Camp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.