#46 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,529 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:18 PM

My cousin is a cornerback at WVU and played with Hogan. I talked to him recently and said that when healthy Brandon was a stud. He also said that besides the ACL injury he didn't think Hogan had any other significant injuries.

#47 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,529 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:20 PM

Doesn't look like we are gonna have practice tonight with the weather being the way it is.

#48 rico6

rico6

Shit.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,675 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:26 PM

You said we drafted an oft-injured player, which implies that he was oft-injured, and known as being such, at the time he was drafted. I was just pointing out that this was false. Don't get all butthurt because someone calls you on being ridiculously hyperbolic. His current injury was very minor and was a hamstring issue. The same injury that seemingly half our camp has had. By all means, however, don't let me hinder your cliff jumping.

True, true.

#49 TheOracle

TheOracle

Know-It-All

• HUDDLER
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:31 PM

My cousin is a cornerback at WVU and played with Hogan. I talked to him recently and said that when healthy Brandon was a stud. He also said that besides the ACL injury he didn't think Hogan had any other significant injuries.

Yeah, I don't think there's any doubt that Hogan was considered a good player when he was healthy, and he probably wouldn't have still been on the board when we picked him if he hadn't been injured.

The doubt is whether he can stay on the field after a major injury that EVERY PLAYER doesn't recover from.

Please don't say "these days players come back...". Fact is, EVERY PLAYER doesn't recover from ACL tears. I'm not risk averse, but drafting a guy still recovering from ACL surgery as if he was the only CB left is stupid. No other way to put it.

The people getting mad when I say that simply realize that there's NO WAY WHATSOEVER to refute that statement, even though they want so badly to try to correct me.

#50 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,529 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:33 PM

Fourth round is fourth round, at that point... take the best player available and hope he pans out.

#51 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,529 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:34 PM

Steve Reed ‏@SteveReed_AP
Lightning. Practice postponed.

#52 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,560 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:35 PM

They'll go indoors somewhere. They did the same thing last year.

#53 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • 5,220 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:36 PM

Carolina Panthers@Panthers
Rain has intensified. Panthers are leaving the practice field. Not announced yet where team will continue practice.

#54 Guest_Hokebuck_*

Guest_Hokebuck_*
  • Guests

Carolina Panthers @Panthers

LaFell stretching out under an overcast sky. http://instagr.am/p/OALKbcozqA/

Jason Williams doing linebacker drills. http://instagr.am/p/OANVcSozr7/

D-line huddle in the rain. http://instagr.am/p/OANvq0ozsH/

Another rainy practice for the Panthers. It's coming down hard now. Thunderstorms on the horizon for the remainder of the night.

Nick Harris and Olindo Mare enjoying the rain. http://instagr.am/p/OAOD2pIzsW/

View from the trainer's tent. http://instagr.am/p/OAOLHUozsb/

Rain has intensified. Panthers are leaving the practice field. Not announced yet where team will continue practice.

Panthers waiting to see if weather will clear enough to allow them to return to practice fields.

For the fans that are still here, practice has been postponed. We recommend heading home. Thanks for coming and get home safe.

#55 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,351 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

First and foremost, you shouldn't have drafted a player who just had an ACL surgery AS IF HE WAS THE ONLY PLAYER LEFT IN THE DRAFT AT THAT POSITION. That's the problem. There were other CBs who hadn't just had ACL surgery, therefore, Hurney must like getting broken stuff and trying to fix it. Apparently, he's more of a "gambler" than he lets on.

Secondly, like I just said, after having to watch Thomas Davis struggle to stay on the field over and over again with ACL injuries, why would you want to take another chance on ANY PLAYER not already on your team with an ACL injury? I'll tell you why. Because to this day, Hurney still "believes" Davis will make it through a season. He believed it last year, and he believes it this year. Therefore, Davis' setbacks didn't factor into his Hogan decision, like it would've for most other GMs.

It's alright for you "fans" on a messageboard to "believe" it, but Hurney needs to be a businessman when it comes to more than just trying not to say "too much" to reporters.

Hogan was a dumb business move, just like not having a backup plan for Davis and Beason last year. He "hoped" things would be fine, and we sucked on defense because of it.

Actually it is a smart move to take a chance on a 2nd round talent in the 4th round.

Upside definitely outweighs the risk.

#56 TheOracle

TheOracle

Know-It-All

• HUDDLER
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:37 PM

Fourth round is fourth round, at that point... take the best player available and hope he pans out.

C'mon dude. There's no way anyone could possibly consider a player RECOVERING FROM ACL SURGERY to be the best player available, unless he was 1st Team All-American before the tear, and people just hope he can return to that form.

With that said, there's no way Hogan was the best player available.

#57 ReadyorNot

ReadyorNot

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:37 PM

Indoor practice sucks, especially practicing on a basketball court.

#58 SuperLego5

SuperLego5

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:40 PM

C'mon dude. There's no way anyone could possibly consider a player RECOVERING FROM ACL SURGERY to be the best player available, unless he was 1st Team All-American before the tear, and people just hope he can return to that form.

With that said, there's no way Hogan was the best player available.

Which player would you have used our fourth round pick on that would come in and play at an All-Pro level immediately?

#59 TheOracle

TheOracle

Know-It-All

• HUDDLER
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:40 PM

Actually it is a smart move to take a chance on a 2nd round talent in the 4th round.

Upside definitely outweighs the risk.

When the player doesn't have an ACL TEAR HE'S TRYING TO RECOVER FROM, yes, it makes sense then.

When you need immediate help in your secondary, you don't draft a player most expect not to play that season.

Just let it go. There's nothing you can say that makes drafting a player with an ACL tear a smart move.

#60 ReadyorNot

ReadyorNot

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:41 PM

Wofford's facilities are old and outdated. Feel sorry for the fans that traveled there.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Panthers Camp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.