Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many of you are actually undecided?

95 posts in this topic

Posted

Obama seems to be pushing towards gun control lately, while Romney is completely inept when it comes to foreign affairs & taxes. Conflicting interests are keeping me on the fence for right now.

Why can't there be a viable third option?

Romney has been stricter on gun control than Obama. But that won't stop people from convincing themselves Obama is going to take their gun.

In 1994 Romney had supported firearms-control measures opposed by the National Rifle Association: the so-called Brady Bill, which restricted the sale of handguns, and the assault weapons ban. During the 1994 senatorial campaign he had taunted: "That's not going to make me the hero of the NRA." He reinforced his support for these measures when he ran for governor in 2002

http://www.issues2000.org/2012/Mitt_Romney_Gun_Control.htm

Posted

good find rodeo. this tells me romney has balls and isn't afraid to look bad or do unpopular things. thats what leaders do.

*leans more towards great hair guy*

Posted

On on Carolina Huddle does Gary Johnson carry a majority.

Quick example of how CH has no resemblence to national opinions or realism.

Posted

good find rodeo. this tells me romney has balls and isn't afraid to look bad or do unpopular things. thats what leaders do.

*leans more towards great hair guy*

He changed his mind when it became unpopular and declared himself a lifetime NRA member.

Posted

On on Carolina Huddle does Gary Johnson carry a majority.

Quick example of how CH has no resemblence to national opinions or realism.

Friggin' bandwagoners.

I supported Johnson before it was cool:

Posted

Romney has been stricter on gun control than Obama. But that won't stop people from convincing themselves Obama is going to take their gun.

In 1994 Romney had supported firearms-control measures opposed by the National Rifle Association: the so-called Brady Bill, which restricted the sale of handguns, and the assault weapons ban. During the 1994 senatorial campaign he had taunted: "That's not going to make me the hero of the NRA." He reinforced his support for these measures when he ran for governor in 2002

http://www.issues200...Gun_Control.htm

I already know this, but Romney's afraid of his own base. There's literally 0% chance he'd enact any kind of large scale gun control if elected.

I never thought Obama would try to push for any gun laws, but with all of these shootings going on lately, the rhetoric he's using suggests that he is.

Confusing baseless fears that a Democratic president always wants to take away your weapons & actual rhetoric he's using is just stupid. Don't assume things.

Posted

The Brady Campaign for Gun Control- you'll remember James Brady as Reagan's press secretary who took a bullet in the head during an assasination attempt- has consistently given Obama an "F" grade when it comes to any gun control laws... yet folks are scared poopless he's going to do exactly what Michele Bachmann said, "The National Guard will go door-to-door to confiscate weapons..."

Posted

Once again, people can't separate the past from current trending & rhetoric.

If I was afraid he was going to enact any gun confiscation laws, I wouldn't have voted for him in 08.

His base is pushing him more & more, especially after this latest shooting. He blames lobbying for not being able to push through even more reform.

What's with people jumping to the most extreme on here?

Posted

Hey, if anyone is benefiting from all this gun violence its the gun manufacturers. Sales have been way up after the attacks, and the irrational fear that Obama is going to single handedly ban all guns in America has been a huge boon to gun sales.

They are certainly benefiting more than liberals who could hypothetically at some point in the future pass laws on gun restrictions

Posted

I voted for McCain in 2008, but will vote for Obama this year.

Posted

I voted for McCain in 2008, but will vote for Obama this year.

You are a rarity. Would seriously like to know your top 5 reasons. Would have suspected you an Obama supporter from the start. Maybe the transition from McCain to Obama. Seriously curious.

Posted

Deciding I was voting for Romney 2 years ago. Haven't seen anything yet out of the meaningless campaigning that would change my mind.