Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mav1234

How many of you are actually undecided?

88 posts in this topic

See, that's where you're wrong again. Not once did I say anything about 'confiscating' guns. That's where liberals are as bad as conservatives, at jumping to conclusions. I was talking about reform & new laws, not destroying the second amendment.

Nobody expects him to send officials to houses to collect weapons except crazies.

I was responding to your comment about not thinking he was going to confiscate your guns in 2008. I interpreted that as you thinking he might now, because your implication was you weren't going to vote for him this time around but you did last time over gun issues. My mistake for not properly reading the post you were responding to and misinterpreting your own based around the confiscating guns line.

Considering the Republicans are going to control the House regardless, I don't expect any major gun legislation at all. Obama has made no movements in that direction, and despite saying we needed to 'reflect,' I don't think that is a call to action.

I was responding to your comment about not thinking he was going to confiscate your guns in 2008. I interpreted that as you thinking he might now, because your implication was you weren't going to vote for him this time around but you did last time over gun issues. My mistake for not properly reading the post you were responding to and misinterpreting your own based around the confiscating guns line.

Considering the Republicans are going to control the House regardless, I don't expect any major gun legislation at all. Obama has made no movements in that direction, and despite saying we needed to 'reflect,' I don't think that is a call to action.

It's alright, maybe I should have made myself more clear.

I'm more concerned about him doing things like re-enacting the "Assault" Weapons Ban, making it harder to buy certain magazines/weapons platforms, etc.

I don't know many who think he's actually going to come around snatching shotguns, rifles, & pistols up, except those that think we're going to be in FEMA camps by the end of 2012.

See...that's where you're wrong. Change from the inside is working. You don't think Boehner is feeling the heat now that so many tea party candidates are beating the establishment Rs in primaries? You really believe he wants to try to cut a deal with democrats to help stave off the military cuts KNOWING the tea party will destroy him for that? Cruz defeated Dewhurst. Mourdock defeated Lugar. There are others and it's definately changed the party dynamics. The same can't be said for the uber Occupy movement. They resemble more of the same sitting on the sidelines whining about things and voting for Gary Johnson and other 3rd party no-chance-in-winning candidates. Sounds harsh...but that's just the truth.

I don't see the tea party as anything but rebadging, and I don't like any of their candidates either.

I hear a lot of the same bible thumping garbage from many of them.

I have yet to see a republican really stand for slowing down government.

Perhaps you are right, and they are changing things.

I just don't like their direction.

I like Libertarian political beliefs, and coolguys that think it is unworkable or juvenile can kiss my ass, I'll likely never vote for a Republican again, unless they get out of bed with the fundies.

And we both know that that'll never happen, since those retards make up the base.

Goldwater was right.

1 person likes this

So to answer the question, no, nobody is truly undecided..

So to answer the question, no, nobody is truly undecided..

I guess you missed my post.

I hear a lot of the same bible thumping garbage from many of them.

This is why I've turned away from the republican party.

The millennial generation is a lot less religious than the baby boomer generation. The republican party is heading in the opposite direction of societal trends. If it continues to hold on to the past societal norms, it will slowly lose its future.

The millennial generation is a lot less religious than the baby boomer generation. The republican party is heading in the opposite direction of societal trends. If it continues to hold on to the past societal norms, it will slowly lose its future.

Excellent point.

There is hope after all!

cycles my friends cycles. look at Charlton Heston. Marched in the Civil Rights movement and was former pres of the NRA. was a huge Dem and was into gun control in the late 60's and thus changed over time.

he was asked why he joined the Rep party and said he didn't that the Dem party had changed.

nothing new under the sun.

This is why I've turned away from the republican party.

I agree. But you wonder what some generations stand for. We are more assimilated than ever before and it seems we are on the path to severe mediocrity. All due to a generation or two of self esteem focused coddling that gives us not much to be proud of.

At some point everybody who got a trophy for just showing up will have niether any character or conviction to truly lead and be a pioneer in most any area.

I agree. But you wonder what some generations stand for. We are more assimilated than ever before and it seems we are on the path to severe mediocrity. All due to a generation or two of self esteem focused coddling that gives us not much to be proud of.

At some point everybody who got a trophy for just showing up will have niether any character or conviction to truly lead and be a pioneer in most any area.

People have been worrying about the capability of younger generations forever. It makes you sound old