Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many of you are actually undecided?

95 posts in this topic

Posted

I agree. But you wonder what some generations stand for. We are more assimilated than ever before and it seems we are on the path to severe mediocrity. All due to a generation or two of self esteem focused coddling that gives us not much to be proud of.

At some point everybody who got a trophy for just showing up will have niether any character or conviction to truly lead and be a pioneer in most any area.

People have been worrying about the capability of younger generations forever. It makes you sound old

Posted

People have been worrying about the capability of younger generations forever. It makes you sound old

I'm 21-years-old, and I agree almost completely with him.

America's youth got a reputation for being lazy and spoiled for a reason.

Posted

I'm 21-years-old, and I agree almost completely with him.

America's youth got a reputation for being lazy and spoiled for a reason.

There are plenty of lazy people, but there are in every generation. There is still plenty of top talent out there and an abundance of mediocrity.

Posted

The current generation is no different than any previous generation... They have a lot more tools and information at their disposal which ironically could make them the best generation ever or the laziest, depending on what they do with it.

Posted

Registered Independent here:

Voted for Obama last time

Still undecided this time

At this point, Gary Johnson leads the race for me, but there is a good chance I will write in something like "Nobody" or "Freedom" or "Liberty" or something else... My disdain for the American political machine as well as the average uninformed American drone grows on a daily basis.

Posted

No. Attitudes like hers and mine recognize the best methods to change is to change from the inside. Tea Party is a perfect example. How many establishment candidates have they defeated in the past 3 years. Richard Lugar is the perfect example. You want change. Work from the inside out. When you fail at that...jumping up and down outside in the dark isn't going to get you anywhere.

Unfortunately, their replacements have been worse. The thing that bothers me about the tea party candidates is that there is not a hint of compromise in some of them. Some of the tea partiers in congress bother me as much as Dennis Kucinch does for the lefties. And there are more of them.

2 people like this

Posted

For those who think their vote doesn't matter, it very much depends on the state these days. It can make a huge difference, or it can make only a minor one.

Vote who you want to be President, imo. Ultimately the only way a third party candidate will get anywhere is if people actually believe that candidate has a chance... but because of the political setup in this country that is exceedingly unlikely. I think that a party that really wants to challenge for national prominence needs to find a way to fight into state governments first, then work its way into congress before trying the presidency, but the money involved really prohibits that kind of thing.

that's one reason I actually was thinking of voting for Roemer, because of his platform on campaign finance reform, but that never went anywhere. Bleh.

Posted

Independent here

Don't care for Obama

Don't care for Romney

No clue yet, but right now (and more than likely anyway), I'll be voting Johnson.

Posted

Unfortunately, their replacements have been worse. The thing that bothers me about the tea party candidates is that there is not a hint of compromise in some of them. Some of the tea partiers in congress bother me as much as Dennis Kucinch does for the lefties. And there are more of them.

Because compromise=spending deals that do nothing to fix the problem

Be it defense spending, entitlement spending, everything. It needs across the board cuts...period. Some programs and their subsequent bureaucracy cut out entirely.

Posted

Because compromise=spending deals that do nothing to fix the problem

Be it defense spending, entitlement spending, everything. It needs across the board cuts...period. Some programs and their subsequent bureaucracy cut out entirely.

lol, what a brave stance. WHICH PROGRAMS?

democracy necessitates compromise... the cognitive dissonance required to spout that the only way to change the system is internally through a policy of zero compromise is astounding.

do you not see that the people who you are touting are doing the exact thing (metaphoric jumping up and down) that you say is childish and grossly innefective?

does acting like a child become more effective once you're in office? or is your scorn simply reserved for those who won't tow the line?

Posted

Who's acting like a child. Acting out knowing that you'll eventually get what you want and mommy and daddy will pay for it? Or making a stand saying no...stfu...you're not getting it because we can't afford it.

Posted

so basically the republican plan is, don't compromise at all, get full majority in both houses, and then they'll cut only what they want, not what those dirty hippies want?