94 replies to this topic

#16 King

King

A Cell of Awareness

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:38 PM

Gary Johnson or bust. Best presidential candidate in ages.

#17 Sean Payton's Vicodin

Sean Payton's Vicodin

Banned

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:49 PM

Prob GJ. I dont like Obama or Romney, however I will say that if its extremely close i will vote for Obama because a romney presidency scares the ever living poo out of me (not that one vote matters, but still).

such shitty times

#18 Kuech Da Sneak

Kuech Da Sneak

As long as we aren't 32.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:59 PM

Obama seems to be pushing towards gun control lately, while Romney is completely inept when it comes to foreign affairs & taxes. Conflicting interests are keeping me on the fence for right now.

Why can't there be a viable third option?

#19 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,713 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:24 PM

hand raised

#20 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,752 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:44 PM

Yeah I don't really want to vote for either of them... And imo a vote for a third candidate is a vote for the winner between O and R... We really need a viable third candidate.

#21 King

King

A Cell of Awareness

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:56 PM

Yeah I don't really want to vote for either of them... And imo a vote for a third candidate is a vote for the winner between O and R... We really need a viable third candidate.

When you literally have nothing to gain with either mainstream candidate, then you have nothing to lose by voting for someone you actually support, third-party or write-in.

Though there's also some compelling arguments for abstaining rather than voting 3rd-party.

#22 SZ James

SZ James

herd it on routers

• HUDDLER
  • 7,540 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:59 PM

Obama

#23 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,713 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:04 PM

i think it would be great if we could get all the folks who are already locked in to their guy and get them on camera. ask them very relevant questions about policies and voting records etc and promises made/kept and overall track record.

no google to use. no smart phone to look up stuff. just you and the camera and your knowledge of the person you are voting for. the total exposure to being ill informed and just voting the party line would be startling.

and this goes for EITHER side.

#24 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,502 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:04 PM

I've tried to like Romney. I can't do it. Voting for Johnson is like not voting at all. Obama isn't nearly as bad as we make him out to be, but a second term where he's not constantly pandering has the makings of a disaster.

I might just stick to the local state and congressional elections. I haven't voted for pres since 2000.

#25 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,434 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:06 PM

Obama seems to be pushing towards gun control lately, while Romney is completely inept when it comes to foreign affairs & taxes. Conflicting interests are keeping me on the fence for right now.

Why can't there be a viable third option?

Romney has been stricter on gun control than Obama. But that won't stop people from convincing themselves Obama is going to take their gun.

In 1994 Romney had supported firearms-control measures opposed by the National Rifle Association: the so-called Brady Bill, which restricted the sale of handguns, and the assault weapons ban. During the 1994 senatorial campaign he had taunted: "That's not going to make me the hero of the NRA." He reinforced his support for these measures when he ran for governor in 2002

http://www.issues200...Gun_Control.htm

#26 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,713 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:10 PM

good find rodeo. this tells me romney has balls and isn't afraid to look bad or do unpopular things. thats what leaders do.

*leans more towards great hair guy*

#27 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,307 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:18 PM

On on Carolina Huddle does Gary Johnson carry a majority.

Quick example of how CH has no resemblence to national opinions or realism.

#28 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,434 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:20 PM

good find rodeo. this tells me romney has balls and isn't afraid to look bad or do unpopular things. thats what leaders do.

*leans more towards great hair guy*

He changed his mind when it became unpopular and declared himself a lifetime NRA member.

#29 King

King

A Cell of Awareness

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

On on Carolina Huddle does Gary Johnson carry a majority.

Quick example of how CH has no resemblence to national opinions or realism.

Friggin' bandwagoners.

I supported Johnson before it was cool: http://www.carolinah...hnson-ron-paul/

#30 Kuech Da Sneak

Kuech Da Sneak

As long as we aren't 32.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Romney has been stricter on gun control than Obama. But that won't stop people from convincing themselves Obama is going to take their gun.

In 1994 Romney had supported firearms-control measures opposed by the National Rifle Association: the so-called Brady Bill, which restricted the sale of handguns, and the assault weapons ban. During the 1994 senatorial campaign he had taunted: "That's not going to make me the hero of the NRA." He reinforced his support for these measures when he ran for governor in 2002

http://www.issues200...Gun_Control.htm

I already know this, but Romney's afraid of his own base. There's literally 0% chance he'd enact any kind of large scale gun control if elected.

I never thought Obama would try to push for any gun laws, but with all of these shootings going on lately, the rhetoric he's using suggests that he is.
Confusing baseless fears that a Democratic president always wants to take away your weapons & actual rhetoric he's using is just stupid. Don't assume things.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.