#31 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,665 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:38 PM

The Brady Campaign for Gun Control- you'll remember James Brady as Reagan's press secretary who took a bullet in the head during an assasination attempt- has consistently given Obama an "F" grade when it comes to any gun control laws... yet folks are scared poopless he's going to do exactly what Michele Bachmann said, "The National Guard will go door-to-door to confiscate weapons..."

#32 Kuech Da Sneak

Kuech Da Sneak

As long as we aren't 32.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:49 PM

Once again, people can't separate the past from current trending & rhetoric.

If I was afraid he was going to enact any gun confiscation laws, I wouldn't have voted for him in 08.
His base is pushing him more & more, especially after this latest shooting. He blames lobbying for not being able to push through even more reform.

What's with people jumping to the most extreme on here?

#33 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:50 PM

Hey, if anyone is benefiting from all this gun violence its the gun manufacturers. Sales have been way up after the attacks, and the irrational fear that Obama is going to single handedly ban all guns in America has been a huge boon to gun sales.

They are certainly benefiting more than liberals who could hypothetically at some point in the future pass laws on gun restrictions

#34 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:07 PM

I voted for McCain in 2008, but will vote for Obama this year.

#35 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,889 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:01 AM

I voted for McCain in 2008, but will vote for Obama this year.

You are a rarity. Would seriously like to know your top 5 reasons. Would have suspected you an Obama supporter from the start. Maybe the transition from McCain to Obama. Seriously curious.

#36 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,035 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:43 AM

Deciding I was voting for Romney 2 years ago. Haven't seen anything yet out of the meaningless campaigning that would change my mind.

#37 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,748 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:49 AM

I'm going dem for the first time.

#38 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,748 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:49 AM

You are a rarity. Would seriously like to know your top 5 reasons. Would have suspected you an Obama supporter from the start. Maybe the transition from McCain to Obama. Seriously curious.

I know several people doing this.

#39 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,889 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:00 AM

I know several people doing this.

What is their reasoning?

#40 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,529 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:08 AM

Prob GJ. I dont like Obama or Romney, however I will say that if its extremely close i will vote for Obama because a romney presidency scares the ever living poo out of me (not that one vote matters, but still).

such shitty times

fwiw, depending on the state you are in, one vote can make a difference...

#41 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,748 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:10 AM

What is their reasoning?

In general it's that Obama's not been terrible and the Republicans have been coming across like nut jobs.

#42 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,889 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:13 AM

In general it's that Obama's not been terrible and the Republicans have been coming across like nut jobs.

Sounds a little shallow to me, but that is the general population. Thanks

#43 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,748 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:16 AM

Sounds a little shallow to me, but that is the general population. Thanks

I gave a simplified answer to cover the general reason for several people making the switch. I didn't intend for it to be in depth.

#44 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,529 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:19 AM

Once again, people can't separate the past from current trending & rhetoric.

If I was afraid he was going to enact any gun confiscation laws, I wouldn't have voted for him in 08.
His base is pushing him more & more, especially after this latest shooting. He blames lobbying for not being able to push through even more reform.

What's with people jumping to the most extreme on here?

Probably because you are suggesting an extreme in confiscating your guns. Why would you think Obama would confiscate your guns? His speeches lately in the direct wake of tragedies have been vague illusions to the idea of maybe possibly doing something other than nothing, but he has not set forth any definite plans and honestly he isn't going to unless the democrats have a huge majority in the senate and house, and even then I have my doubts since they're going to want to maintain that control and something like "confiscating guns" would likely get them kicked out immediately the next term.

#45 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,365 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:23 AM

This is kinda where I'm at... Romney seems like a douchebag used car salesman...

I think would vote for Obama without question I think if this wasn't gonna be his last term... I'm afraid that without the restrictions he has felt of having to get re-elected he might fall much farther left than he's been so far... he's played it right in the center imo this first term, and in some ways (militarily mostly) he's been far more conservative than I expected. Ironically though, Romney may turn out to be more left than Obama has been...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com