Posted Image

#47 Tarheel31

Tarheel31

cynical pessimist

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:44 AM

I'm undecided in that I would have a really hard time going to vote for Obama again.

I would rather be buried alive then cast a ballot for Romney, but Obama is just wrapping up 4 years of a REPUBLICAN PRESIDENCY.

He promised me change, and I got a republican health care plan.
I got more war, more GITMO, more patriot act.
We have more military commisions, less rights and drones in American airspace watching American citizens.
More money for Defense contractors and Corporations, less money for the people that actually make this country run.

How the fug did we fail to implement SOME kind of regulation after the entire economy tanked?
Everydamnbody else on earth did, but not ignorant ass america.
We just stay on the path, right into oblivion.

That wasn't the "change" I had in mind when I cast my ballot in 2008.
That isn't "change" at all.

#48 Kuech Da Sneak

Kuech Da Sneak

As long as we aren't 32.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:20 AM

Probably because you are suggesting an extreme in confiscating your guns. Why would you think Obama would confiscate your guns? His speeches lately in the direct wake of tragedies have been vague illusions to the idea of maybe possibly doing something other than nothing, but he has not set forth any definite plans and honestly he isn't going to unless the democrats have a huge majority in the senate and house, and even then I have my doubts since they're going to want to maintain that control and something like "confiscating guns" would likely get them kicked out immediately the next term.

See, that's where you're wrong again. Not once did I say anything about 'confiscating' guns. That's where liberals are as bad as conservatives, at jumping to conclusions. I was talking about reform & new laws, not destroying the second amendment.
Nobody expects him to send officials to houses to collect weapons except crazies.

#49 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,182 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:42 AM

Gary Johson is the first presidential candidate I have been excited about ever.

Every election before, including past Libertarian options, have been less than exciting.

Bob Barr was a really bad choice, so I didn't vote for anyone.

So no, not undecided, and really happy to "throw my vote away", as my wife calls it.

My response to her is simply...have you ever been faced with a bigger turd sandwich vs. giant douche election?

You tell me, who really is throwing their vote away, I actually like my guy.

#50 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,305 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:11 AM

She's right...you're throwing your vote away. Why waste the gas.

#51 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

• HUDDLER
  • 4,182 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:18 AM

Attitudes like yours and hers gets you bad government, and precludes you from complaining as your money and freedom disappears.

#52 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,408 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:20 AM

Gary Johson is the first presidential candidate I have been excited about ever.

Every election before, including past Libertarian options, have been less than exciting.

Bob Barr was a really bad choice, so I didn't vote for anyone.

So no, not undecided, and really happy to "throw my vote away", as my wife calls it.

My response to her is simply...have you ever been faced with a bigger turd sandwich vs. giant douche election?

You tell me, who really is throwing their vote away, I actually like my guy.

You live in Illinois. Anything that's not a vote for a democrat is throwing your vote away in that state.

#53 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,668 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:24 AM

for the O supporters. what are your views on the deficit? do you know the dollar figure at all and how it will be paid down?

#54 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

• HUDDLER
  • 4,182 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:28 AM

I refuse to be told to not care and tow the line.

Can't accept it.

#55 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:31 AM

I'm undecided between Jill Stein and Gary Johnson.

But I secretly hope Romney wins so I can laaaaaugh and laugh as the world burns

#56 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,072 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:38 AM

I'm undecided between Jill Stein and Gary Johnson.

But I secretly hope Romney wins so I can laaaaaugh and laugh as the world burns

romney taking the popular vote and obama taking the electoral vote would be pretty funny

#57 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,305 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:39 AM

Attitudes like yours and hers gets you bad government, and precludes you from complaining as your money and freedom disappears.

No. Attitudes like hers and mine recognize the best methods to change is to change from the inside. Tea Party is a perfect example. How many establishment candidates have they defeated in the past 3 years. Richard Lugar is the perfect example. You want change. Work from the inside out. When you fail at that...jumping up and down outside in the dark isn't going to get you anywhere.

#58 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:43 AM

lol they defeated establishment candidates and replaced them with staunch establishment candidates.

great inside out change bro.

#59 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,072 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:52 AM

g5 you're so close but please don't cite a republican astroturf movement as proof

in our current electoral system, the best method of change is through primaries.

i've briefly looked at some ideas for electoral reform designed to involve other parties and i personally like the idea of ballots in which you rank candidates in order of preference rather than specifically voting for one. also 100% publicly financed campaigns would help a lot. neither of these things are going to happen any time soon so do like the ron paul people did and get active in primaries. he caused a lot of problems for the establishment republicans and even though he was eventually stomped on by romney, he was probably closer to being elected president than any of the 3rd party people who are actually going to be on the ballot in november

#60 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 8,875 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:54 AM

No. Attitudes like hers and mine recognize the best methods to change is to change from the inside. Tea Party is a perfect example. How many establishment candidates have they defeated in the past 3 years. Richard Lugar is the perfect example. You want change. Work from the inside out. When you fail at that...jumping up and down outside in the dark isn't going to get you anywhere.

You're right about true change coming from the inside.

But when you translate that into the current state of affairs, it will take an outsider or defective group of strong financial backers, lobbyists...basically certain people in power across the board to initiate a modern coup on the American machine.

What we really need is a modern coup from the inside out that shatters the current system with a new set of ideas to build from that runs with innovation and education above all else.

The deal with both the Tea Party and even Occupy is that they knew what they were against but not what they were honestly going towards. Every time one of these phony politicians tried to become a "leader" of their shtick, it became less concise, more broad, and generalized for media & socio-political purposes. Both movements or whatever you call them are simply precursors to what will happen once a true populist voice is found that grabs the public and tells both sides to f*ck off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.