94 replies to this topic

#71 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationMontford
HUDDLER

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:35 PM

cycles my friends cycles. look at Charlton Heston. Marched in the Civil Rights movement and was former pres of the NRA. was a huge Dem and was into gun control in the late 60's and thus changed over time.
he was asked why he joined the Rep party and said he didn't that the Dem party had changed.

nothing new under the sun.

#72 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• LocationMontford
HUDDLER

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:39 PM

This is why I've turned away from the republican party.

The millennial generation is a lot less religious than the baby boomer generation. The republican party is heading in the opposite direction of societal trends. If it continues to hold on to the past societal norms, it will slowly lose its future.

I agree. But you wonder what some generations stand for. We are more assimilated than ever before and it seems we are on the path to severe mediocrity. All due to a generation or two of self esteem focused coddling that gives us not much to be proud of.

At some point everybody who got a trophy for just showing up will have niether any character or conviction to truly lead and be a pioneer in most any area.

#73 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

HUDDLER

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:49 PM

I agree. But you wonder what some generations stand for. We are more assimilated than ever before and it seems we are on the path to severe mediocrity. All due to a generation or two of self esteem focused coddling that gives us not much to be proud of.

At some point everybody who got a trophy for just showing up will have niether any character or conviction to truly lead and be a pioneer in most any area.

People have been worrying about the capability of younger generations forever. It makes you sound old

#74 King

King

A Cell of Awareness

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:08 PM

People have been worrying about the capability of younger generations forever. It makes you sound old

I'm 21-years-old, and I agree almost completely with him.

America's youth got a reputation for being lazy and spoiled for a reason.

#75 Niner National

Niner National

HUDDLER

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:38 PM

I'm 21-years-old, and I agree almost completely with him.

America's youth got a reputation for being lazy and spoiled for a reason.

There are plenty of lazy people, but there are in every generation. There is still plenty of top talent out there and an abundance of mediocrity.

#76 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• LocationWilmington, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:43 PM

The current generation is no different than any previous generation... They have a lot more tools and information at their disposal which ironically could make them the best generation ever or the laziest, depending on what they do with it.

#77 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

HUDDLER

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:08 PM

Registered Independent here:

Voted for Obama last time

Still undecided this time

At this point, Gary Johnson leads the race for me, but there is a good chance I will write in something like "Nobody" or "Freedom" or "Liberty" or something else... My disdain for the American political machine as well as the average uninformed American drone grows on a daily basis.

#78 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

HUDDLER

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:04 PM

No. Attitudes like hers and mine recognize the best methods to change is to change from the inside. Tea Party is a perfect example. How many establishment candidates have they defeated in the past 3 years. Richard Lugar is the perfect example. You want change. Work from the inside out. When you fail at that...jumping up and down outside in the dark isn't going to get you anywhere.

Unfortunately, their replacements have been worse. The thing that bothers me about the tea party candidates is that there is not a hint of compromise in some of them. Some of the tea partiers in congress bother me as much as Dennis Kucinch does for the lefties. And there are more of them.

#79 mav1234

mav1234

HUDDLER

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:12 AM

For those who think their vote doesn't matter, it very much depends on the state these days. It can make a huge difference, or it can make only a minor one.

Vote who you want to be President, imo. Ultimately the only way a third party candidate will get anywhere is if people actually believe that candidate has a chance... but because of the political setup in this country that is exceedingly unlikely. I think that a party that really wants to challenge for national prominence needs to find a way to fight into state governments first, then work its way into congress before trying the presidency, but the money involved really prohibits that kind of thing.

that's one reason I actually was thinking of voting for Roemer, because of his platform on campaign finance reform, but that never went anywhere. Bleh.

#80 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• LocationRaleigh
HUDDLER

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:45 AM

Independent here

Don't care for Obama
Don't care for Romney

No clue yet, but right now (and more than likely anyway), I'll be voting Johnson.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users