#16 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,310 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:51 PM

Of course there were, but I'm sure there were also people who stuck around despite the opportunity to leave.

There are some stubborn assholes who just wont leave when a hurricane is coming, and I'm guessing this law is just about liability/ extra motivation for those people. I dont think its too harsh, as long as they only use it in the most extreme situations. If they start pulling it out for every hurricane that hits nearby then yeah, thats a problem.

It's been my experience that they're all over the map with these mandatory evacuations... sometimes you think they'll do it and they don't, and sometimes it's a small storm and they do...

As far as NC goes, generally these things are limited to the beach towns, and unlike New Orleans, the populations of those towns don't have a problem with transport, it's usually a "I just don't want to leave" thing...

I live about 2 miles from the ocean, and not on a beach, we've never been under a mandatory evacuation... the only storm we chose voluntarily to leave for was Floyd, and it was a Cat 5 1.5 days out... Cat3 is about my limit where I live. Some people think it's fun to stay, others just don't want to leave their belongings... I personally think they're crazy, but also think it's their right. But they shouldn't be able to sue for not being rescued when the poo hits the fan.

#17 catfang

catfang

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,348 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:57 PM

I was on Holden Beach once when a hurricane came in. They went up and down the street with loudspeakers, announcing mandatory evac and that the bridge was closing at 2AM. Then later a guy pounded on the door, repeated that they were closing the bridge at 2 and if we didn't leave by then "you'll be on your own - do you understand?" Perfectly clear to me (we hauled ass), dont need a law to make me see things but then again I'm not a dumbass. For the most part.

#18 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,834 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:40 PM

I'm staying behind so I can loot everyone's evacuated houses

#19 MCP

MCP

Peace, Love, Uke

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:53 PM

I'm staying behind so I can loot everyone's evacuated houses

Which is why I am staying behind with my legaly owned fire arms, (and the other ones as well)

#20 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,834 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:54 PM

Which is why I am staying behind with my legaly owned fire arms, (and the other ones as well)

because you want to share in the spoils!!!

amirite?

#21 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,310 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:15 AM

Posted Image

#22 MCP

MCP

Peace, Love, Uke

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:11 AM

Posted Image

That is the one panthro wants us to use.

#23 MCP

MCP

Peace, Love, Uke

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:12 AM

.....double post

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com